Gravitymaster

The "Why Republicans Lost" thread

You need to focus on the women vote. They have to be made to feel wanted, and admired which is pretty hard to do when they're 250lbs waddling down the street with legs on backwards, arms dangling with a face like man. Have you seen the Walmart pics. OMG Asses hanging so far out and so ugly no wonder men are turning gay. How do they even have sex. It's not long enough. Jeesh. Sheep are looking good. Hey, lets push marrage with animals. That will get em' Just take the farm show to the edge as it ain't ever coming back to Ozzy and Harriot.

Shah?

Reads more and more like him with every post; doesn't it?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yeah, I don't think the entire party is comprised of religious freaks. It's a subset of the religious fraction that for some reason has a disproportionate influence on the party platform.

I agree: Reps have three basic sets

1 - Religious Right - not huge, but since they represent the wacky social side of the party that wants to spend all our money on their social vision, they just as well be part of the democrats version of their social wacko segment.

2 - Military and US is best group - pretty darn huge, they want to spend all our money on stuff they think is neat and on their best friends' companies, they just as well be part of the democrats version of their own industrial spending/power broker segment

3 - Fiscal Conservatives - nut huge, and widely ignored because "be efficient and frugal" is boring PR. Any time they get a bit of traction, groups 1 and 2 hijack them (or the Dems characterize/demonize them as group #1 or #2), or they get ditched when push comes to shove. They don't even have a counterpart in the other party - which is just as well because they hardly have a counterpart in their own party. If they win, everybody in government loses power and leverage - ugly step child group politically.

I think the dems are fantastic at combining their #1 and #2 equivalents into a platform that brokers political power and appeals to PR tactics. Reps just seem to be fragmented in that strategy as the two groups reluctantly join, but don't merge. So trying to compete on that ground is a non-starter for the reps - but they can't admit it.

#3, with a VERY watered down and monitored #2 influence and completely ditch #1 seems to me to be what a lot of reasonable people are asking for and never get.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah, I don't think the entire party is comprised of religious freaks.

Correct, there's a whole bunch of bigots and racists too.

Don't bigots include racists? In any case, both parties have their share of bigots. I suspect they represent a larger fraction of the GOP than the DNC, but in both cases I believe them to be a distinct minority.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>why does WIC get the $1.38 can of corn when they can get 89 cent corn saving the
>gov't a lot of money.

49 cents is not a "lot of money."

I want a program that costs the US the least AS A WHOLE. If we go with the 89 cent corn but it ends up costing an extra million (because the corn is packed in Mexico, or they don't have the same deal with Del Monte as they have with this company etc) then it's a bad deal. I've already given you one example of a case where what seemed like the cheapest option was actually more expensive in the long run; let me know if you would like more.

Here is another map. Apparently a quick shot from a TV screen during a Fox news broadcast. Now we are talking secession.

49% of Americans are about to explode.

51% of Americans want Obamaphone and other free stuff.

I know a lot of well paid professionals who voted for Obama. They (and I) do not want free anything.

All you are doing is showing the same condescending tone that helped lose Romney the election. But that's fine - the GOP will continue to lose all the while that attitude persists.

You are conveniently ignoring the fact that there are a lot of people who voted for Obama for different reasons than you. I understand how difficult it is for you to understand that distiction given that you seem to think all Republicans are white, gun toting religious fanatics. That belies a great ignorance.

Here is another map. Apparently a quick shot from a TV screen during a Fox news broadcast. Now we are talking secession.

49% of Americans are about to explode.

51% of Americans want Obamaphone and other free stuff.

I know a lot of well paid professionals who voted for Obama. They (and I) do not want free anything.

All you are doing is showing the same condescending tone that helped lose Romney the election. But that's fine - the GOP will continue to lose all the while that attitude persists.

You are conveniently ignoring the fact that there are a lot of people who voted for Obama for different reasons than you. I understand how difficult it is for you to understand that distiction given that you seem to think all Republicans are gun toting religious fanatics.

No, I understand that there are a lot of racists and misogynists too, as well as people who just don't understand science and math.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I hit the talking points: why does WIC get the $1.38 can of corn when they can get 89 cent corn saving the gov't a lot of money.

Likely because it wouldn't cost them less.

Store brands are only sold in those particular stores. Which means that submission for eligibility would have to be made for each individual store brand.

What do you think the cost differential is associated with verifying 200 brands as opposed to 1 available nationally?