jclalor

Colin Powell endorsed Barack Obama for president only because he's black.

I understand that he may want to vote for Obama, strictly due to him not thinking Romney is better, but this shows that he is reversing everything he used to say about him with little basis. If you want to pick him because you think he is better just say so, but dont FLIP your story, and all of the sudden say hes doing a great job.

n a video that aired on CNN.com in November 2011, Colin Powell said in reference to Barack Obama, " . . . many of his decisions have been quite sound. The financial system was put back on a stable basis.

These are comments that I dont find to be true by looking at the upper and lower levels of business, and talking to those involved in it.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Bill I don't believe any of those numbers. Until we can get multiple neutral 3rd party groups to have total access to the information and come up with the same conclusion instead of the spin from the white house I don't believe them.

Which ever guy gets elected, the recovery will happen. Don't let whoever happens to be in office fool you into thinking that he did it.

"That recovery? You didn't do that on your own." ;)

I don't think Powell is concerned primarily with Romney. I think he's more worried about the Conservative Republicans who get access to the White House when Romney opens the door. As a famous Republican once said, "Fool me once, your fault. Fool me twice ... uh, how does the rest of this go?"
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Which ever guy gets elected, the recovery will happen. Don't let whoever happens to be in office fool you into thinking that he did it.

"That recovery? You didn't do that on your own." ;)

Very true! Unfortunately, it will be used to their advantage.
Dano

I agree, it sure as hell isn't because he is worth a damn as a president!

If you agree with the Romney camp's assessment of the situation, then by extension, you're agreeing with the idea it's ok to vote along racial lines and by further extension, all white people should vote for Romney simply because he's white.

I don't know about you, but to me, that's pretty assholish of the Romney camp to say.

----------------------------------------------
Oh yeah because NO BLACK PEOPLE voted for obama just cause he's black. Yeah that would NEVER HAPPEN.

This is how I break down Obamas voters

50% black who vote straight ticket dem, or just because he is black

25% liberal school kids who don't have any responsibilities and are on someone's bandwagon.

The rest are liberal adults, and OLD demos from back in the day when dems were like repubs, and still vote like they did in the past.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

25% liberal school kids who don't have any responsibilities and are on someone's bandwagon.

The rest are liberal adults, and OLD demos from back in the day when dems were like repubs, and still vote like they did in the past.

And all generalisations are nonsense
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Look at it this way. I had considered McCain as a realistic possibility for the Oval Office

I wonder what Quade liked about McCain...

I appreciated his viewpoint against torture. I figured the man had some experience there his predecessor did not. Sadly, he went to wacky-town and proved he could not be trusted by selecting Palin.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

There aren't that many blacks in the U.S. Maybe in your neighborhood.

Thanks I should revise my statement and clearly say I believe this base off of what goes on where I live. The 2011 census states 50% white 45.5% black for my parish and 63% white 32% black for the state.

Don't forget about white guilt being a reason that so many whites voted for Obummer. The president even wrote about it in his book.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I saw a poll a couple weeks ago that showed potential voters for each candidate by race. I can't remember exactly the numbers but I remember what I got out of it:

Whites:
Romney - 49% (or 51)
Obama - 51% (or 49)

Blacks:
Romney - 4%
Obama - 96%

Judging by those numbers, its not crazy to believe the title of this thread.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Go look up he numbers for how different races voted in the Gore/Bush election. Do you think blacks voted for Gore because he was black?

96 to 4 and you remain determined to argue the point

Gotta love it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

96 to 4 and you remain determined to argue the point

Because it doesn't prove causation or correlation.

Ok

So what do you think the reason is?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Usually the person making a claim, like blacks vote for Obama cause he is black, would have to prove the causation and correlation.

Since you seem to believe the above to be true, please provide something to prove the causation and correlation of the numbers posted above?

You may even provide some actual sources, since the numbers above relate to some study some guy remembered seeing at some point.

This is all about as "truthy" as anonymous guys calling into talk shows.