skinnay

Is Butt Chugging Against God's Law?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/butt-chugging-alcohol-enema-alexander-broughton-university-of-tennessee-pi-kappa-alpha_n_1935385.html

I noticed that the accused student says “I am a Christian who would never desecrate my body in that manner. To do so would be against God's law.”

Is this really against God's Law? I was hoping someone here might have some relevant scripture on this topic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/butt-chugging-alcohol-enema-alexander-broughton-university-of-tennessee-pi-kappa-alpha_n_1935385.html

I noticed that the accused student says “I am a Christian who would never desecrate my body in that manner. To do so would be against God's law.”

Is this really against God's Law? I was hoping someone here might have some relevant scripture on this topic.

Check with Winsor, there 613 of them. He is the most knowledgeable in this arena.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's in the Talmud, but not the Torah. Thus, it did not get passed down to Christianity, strictly speaking. It did, however, make it into some more conservative denominations anyhow. Some denominations prohibit any recreational sex at all. There were early puritans that had a sleep shirt for the man with a hole through which the penis extended for procreation. This allowed the necessity of sex without all that extraneous and lust provoking skin to skin contact. You can bet those people really frowned on oral and anal.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

not sure you can get to .45 BAC with "pink wine." One bottle isn't going to get it done.

(looking it up - a 175lb'er would need to consume 4 bottles of wine over an hour to get to .45)

the "butt chugging" he's refering to is alcohol enemas... supposedly gives you a much more enhanced effect of the alcohol. It basically introduces it directly into the intestines which immediately absorb it into the blood stream. Gets you really f'ed up really fast on not a lot of alcohol.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Gets you really f'ed up really fast on not a lot of alcohol.

I wonder how much of that is reality and how much is placebo effect. I doubt the theory is backed up by any science. I don't see how it's possible for it to enter the bloodstream any significant amount faster or with any greater efficacy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wonder how much of that is reality and how much is placebo effect. I doubt the theory is backed up by any science. I don't see how it's possible for it to enter the bloodstream any significant amount faster or with any greater efficacy.

I guess the only way it could be real is if the capillaries serving the lower intestine didn't go to the liver 1st (as the ones for small intestines do).
Remster

I don't know how effective it would be, but I sure as hell don't want to be the second person or after to take a pull from that bottle:o;)

I don't know how effective it would be, but I sure as hell don't want to be the second person or after to take a pull from that bottle:o;)

Well, the photo in the article shows a hose and a funnel. Presumably that's what is being used and the bottle itself isn't being inserted.

Even so, there are a myriad of health issues with that hose.
quade -

not sure you can get to .45 BAC with "pink wine." One bottle isn't going to get it done.

(looking it up - a 175lb'er would need to consume 4 bottles of wine over an hour to get to .45)

the "butt chugging" he's refering to is alcohol enemas... supposedly gives you a much more enhanced effect of the alcohol. It basically introduces it directly into the intestines which immediately absorb it into the blood stream. Gets you really f'ed up really fast on not a lot of alcohol.

the article suggests it is absorbed faster...but not in greater quantity. seems like drinking for dumbshits...the wine tastes better going in the mouth, not the ass.

But still, the problem is that to get that level of intoxication, it would take a shitload of wine - seems to be 3 quarts worth.

And how would the descending colon hold that much fluid for more than a second or two?

seems more probably that he got shitfaced on the booze first, and then started inserting things. Stupid frat boys...what are you going to do? Funny thing is that he feels a need to clear his name for this aspect, but not the stupidly drunk part. I thought that level of depravity was against God's Laws as well.

Well, the photo in the article shows a hose and a funnel. Presumably that's what is being used and the bottle itself isn't being inserted.

Even so, there are a myriad of health issues with that hose.

Oh yea, a myriad for sure. There is a reason why medical supplies get trashed after one use.

Believe it or not, this has been well documented. Just like with any other enema your body can only hold it for a maximum of five minutes. This is the fastest way for your body to absorb alcohol. If you take a "but chug" of whiskey, the rate of absorption would kill you from alcohol poisoning as documented on "1000 ways to die" TV show.

In retrospect, I know way to much about this subject....[:/]

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Au contraire, the primary function of the intestines is the very positive removal of liquid into the bloodstream.

When drinking ethanol-containing fluids (wine, furniture polish, absinthe, etc.), there are several mechanisms that impede the rapid absorption of ethanol into the bloodstream. The stomach does not have much, if any. capacity to absorb, and alcohol tends to cause the pyloric valve to shut, which limits the transfer of beer, tequila and what have you into the duodenum. Carbonic acid from carbonation induces the pyloric valve to open somewhat, so carbonated beverages such as scotch and soda will get into your bloodstream faster.

Since the primary goal of drinking is to get ethanol nto the bloodstream, it makes some sense to cut to the chase and avoid having to taste the wretched stuff in the first place.

Major drawbacks to direct application of ethanol enemas include the fact that it is not very dignified, as well as the fact that you cannot vomit the excess when going into the toxic regime.

Figuring 75% water content and using 12% wine as a basis, my fast calculations show that 2.25 litres would result in 0.45% BAC, and it happens FAST. People die by doing this all too often. I refer you to that definitive source "1,000 Ways To Die" for proof.

As far as Mitzvot go, none would seem to specifically prohibit the practice. Rabbi Moshe ben Maimonides (Rambam) may have found some theraputic use for intestinal infusion of spirits, but by the time he was the personal physician for Saladin the use of alcohol would likely have gone by the boards.

In any event, anyone conversant with Physiology can assure you that there is zero placebo effect at work here. People going the direct route to the intestinal tract get drunker much faster, and are much more susceptible to permanent neurological damage due to alcohol toxicity. It is being badly suited to social consumption, and is generally a bad idea.

BSBD,

Winsor

Ok. Thanks. Interesting analysis.

That is, until I read this.

Since the primary goal of drinking is to get ethanol nto the bloodstream, it makes some sense to cut to the chase and avoid having to taste the wretched stuff in the first place.

Drink better booze.
quade -

Ok. Thanks. Interesting analysis.

That is, until I read this.

Drink better booze.

Nah, the stuff didn't agree with me so I said to hell with it. Last time I touched it, Reagan was President.

Anyhow, the fact that I was never a fan of the taste was not a major factor.

BSBD,

Winsor

Isn't there also a connection with people who have gastric bypass surgery who turn into "instant alcoholics" for the same reason: Booze straight into the intestines?

Yup - it makes for a cheap date.

And a nasty one.

And how would the descending colon hold that much fluid for more than a second or two?

The intestines are incredible absorption machines. Think of how quickly you can get dehydrated when you have diarrhea. Just that amount of fluid NOT going into your bloodstream will severely dehydrate you. (Conversely, if you are constipated, you should consume a lot more fluids -- your body is trying to get all the fluid it can from the matter still transiting your intestines).

The other "benefit" from ingesting alcohol in this manner is that it bypasses the stomach, thereby saving the stomach lining.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!