devildog

Romney Picks Ryan as Running Mate

I think that's why he was picked. He balances Romney....oh....you mean Obama has none (still). I get it. But Obama had all that experience in foreign affairs having been a kid in Indonesia and all.

Seriously, the Romney ticket has more and broader experience than the Obama ticket had.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Yep, Ryan's "kill Medicare to pay for tax cuts for the very wealthy" plan will go over nicely with the AARP crowd, who vote in large numbers.

Why don't you try reading and understanding what he is proposing instead of parroting left wing talking points. You might actually learn something.

Yep, Ryan's "kill Medicare to pay for tax cuts for the very wealthy" plan will go over nicely with the AARP crowd, who vote in large numbers.

Why don't you try reading and understanding what he is proposing instead of parroting left wing talking points. You might actually learn something.

Gravity,
HAVE you read the Ryan budget?

I have.
It makes an extraordinary claim that it can spend 4,6 TRILLION $ in tax cuts, but it will "be revenue neutral by closing loopholes".

It doesn't specify any loopholes and I've spoken to the economic community. Nobody knows what looholes they are talking about.

Gravity, do YOU know how Ryan is going to make his budget revenue-neutral? What is he going to close to save 4.6 T $?

Cheers!
Shc

Last I heard, Romney was running for President, not Ryan.

Did Romney get that memo?

"Join me, in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan." -Mitt Romney, August 11, 2012.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Last I heard, Romney was running for President, not Ryan. Why do you assume Romney will adopt Ryan's budget? I believe Romney is a policy wonk in his own right.

Do you think for a split second Romney would oppose a budget supported by the entire GOP? Not to mention that by Romney giving him the nod, he is in fact endorsing Ryan's budget.

The Ryan budget, which Mr. Romney endorsed during the hard-fought race for the Republican presidential nomination.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/12/us/politics/ryan-and-his-budget-are-a-gamble-for-romney.html

Last I heard, Romney was running for President, not Ryan. Why do you assume Romney will adopt Ryan's budget? I believe Romney is a policy wonk in his own right.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/url.cfm?ID=1001628

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1001628-Base-Broadening-Tax-Reform.pdf

Read it (this one is about ROMNEY'S proposal).
Another display of false economics and magic asterics and numbers.

Romney is claiming:
"Closing 450B$ worth of tax loopholes"
= Nice fairy tale for people who doesn't understand economics.

Just two more sleezy self serving out of touch politicians, really, who gives a shit.

Ryan is a potential new leader for the party in the upcoming decade...and they've been searching under every stone for new blood since Newt left. He gives Romney a real chance at a win, and with that, put Ryan in great shape to follow. If they lose, and Florida is a key reason, then it may turn out that the GOP treats 'fucking with medicare' the same way Democrats have treated gun control legislation since the 2000 election.

Exciting stuff for the spectators.

Yep, also Biden had no private sector experience. But they had "Hope and Change" and that was enough.

I can't wait for Ryan and Biden to have a debate.

I agree that Ryan adds more flavor to Romney's ticket than Biden adds to Obama's. Unfortunately I'm unaware of any of it what he brings being positive, other than the general attitude of "lets get the deficit under control", which they all theoretically espouse. I also agree that Ryan will likely kick Biden's ass in the debates. That said, I'm not sure if he adds votes for Romney, or if so, how many. He'll obviously energize some on the far right and some on the far left, maybe more of the former than the latter. What does he do to the moderates? I suspect he drives away slightly more of them than he attracts...maybe a 55-45 split. Then again, he's got the young, articulate, good-looking guy thing going for him, which helped Obama. Overall he seems pretty "vote neutral" to me.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

He gives Romney a real chance at a win

What votes do you think he gets Romney that weren't already his? Similarly how many votes do you think Obama gains by Ryan's selection? I'm guessing they're somewhere near a wash.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

instead of parroting left wing talking points. You might actually learn something.

LOL stop it :D:D

Please

stop it:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

instead of parroting left wing talking points. You might actually learn something.

Please

OK. I actually did laugh when I saw this.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Please

Irony score 10/10

It's truly amazing that lack of basic numeracy is a characteristic of so many right wing supporters, both in general and on SC.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Please

Irony score 10/10

It's truly amazing that lack of basic numeracy is a characteristic of so many right wing supporters, both in general and on SC.

You've got the numeracy problem, 10/10 = 1

Your Elitist Score: 10 (out of a possible 10)
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am