Living in a small town

After work today I met a guy I know to give him my new AR-15 to check out for a couple days. My car was parked at the curb right downtown, and my buddy was standing in the street right next to my car. I got out of the car with the AR pointed barrel down, with the bolt locked open and an empty chamber (no mag). Right as I was handing the AR to the guy, a cop drives by. He slowed down a bit and just waved at us. If we were in California or Seattle or some other fucked up place, it would probably have been a bit different.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

After work today I met a guy I know to give him my new AR-15 to check out for a couple days. My car was parked at the curb right downtown, and my buddy was standing in the street right next to my car. I got out of the car with the AR pointed barrel down, with the bolt locked open and an empty chamber (no mag). Right as I was handing the AR to the guy, a cop drives by. He slowed down a bit and just waved at us. If we were in California or Seattle or some other fucked up place, it would probably have been a bit different.

When I moved to the People's Republic for work I had to leave my favorite black rifles in storage out of state to stay legal.

They were stolen.

Fortunately I have replacement value coverage and will be able to get ones my government approves of.

theft here in CA is a real concern - with models going on/off the "certified safe" handgun list, you may not be able to replace them. At one point I believe 3 of my 6 were no longer saleable/buyable, but eventually H&K and Sig paid the tax and got at least 2 of them back on.

Enjoy the blessings of living in the real America.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I dunno about that...I'm not comfortable exposing guns in public. It just seems unnecessary and can cause negative attention for both you and the perception of gun rights in general.

I have similar feeling about hunting. The hunter's safety courses up here teach kids not to showboat and to conceal their game so as not to offend anyone and prompt them to bitch n' moan to authorities and bring negative attention to the sport.

...but I hear what you're saying. It's nice to just go about and practice your rights without having to constantly look over your shoulder and worry about some douche bags fuckin' your shit up...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

What an unfriendly jerk!

Most of the cops I know would have at least gotten out to see what AR it was and talk guns for a few minutes...:)

I got stopped for speeding in a known speed trap in central TX once... I didn't notice the speed limit sign because I was driving with my knees while screwing new grips onto my 1911. (yeah yeah... I know...)

So the officer asked me why I was speeding, and I told him I didn't realize that I was. Hand over DL & CHL... He asks if I'm armed. I end up showing him the new grips, and we chat about 1911's for a few minutes. He runs me, comes back, and send me on my way with a verbal warning.
--
Rob

...but I hear what you're saying. It's nice to just go about and practice your rights without having to constantly look over your shoulder and worry about some douche bags fuckin' your shit up...

The reason they don't want people to see your guns and your game is that the rest of america has been pussified to be afraid of guns and dead animals. Don't ask them where their steaks come from. They'll throw a gear.
--
Rob

man you're an odd fellow
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

man you're an odd fellow

Thank you.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

man you're an odd fellow

Thank you.

it wasnt a compliment
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

man you're an odd fellow

Thank you.

it wasnt a compliment

So will you help me understand your point here?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Next time do it wearing middle eastern garb and see how quickly the swat team shows up....

Next time do it wearing middle eastern garb and see how quickly the swat team shows up....

That would make sense to see happen if in a town where none have been seen before
Abraham Lincoln

I know I'm going to get shit for this, but try it while being black. They probably won't call the SWAT team, but I doubt all you'd get is a friendly wave.

- Dan G

I think he ran out of steam.

Too bad
I was really interested in what he was trying to say
Abraham Lincoln

I know I'm going to get shit for this, but try it while being black. They probably won't call the SWAT team, but I doubt all you'd get is a friendly wave.

A racial filter all can see.

A racial filter all can see.

Why yes

Yours really is visable
Abraham Lincoln

Ignore Kevin for a minute, no one takes him seriously.

Can you image a small town cop driving past a couple of young black men brandishing weapons in a parking lot with nothing but a smile and a wave?

Yes, I can, if they are known in the area. I think (and we are talking small town now) if those you refer to are regulars of that area and are known to the cops the same thing would happen

I also think that if I was doing that in an area where I am not known, and maybe my plate is not from the county I am in then I would exptect a good LEO to stop and talk to me

Nothing wrong with stopping (if even with caution) to check things out.

As for kevin

90% of blacks are killed by blacks destroys his position
Abraham Lincoln

I will add

I know this would not work everywhere

Every situtation and place will have its own reactions
Abraham Lincoln

...Ugly, boarded-up homes, leaning hopelessly on their foundations are plentiful in urban and minority neighborhoods..

A new study finds this is most likely because the banks that own them are keeping them that way.

The National Fair Housing Alliance released a report of their study that found foreclosed homes in predominantly black and Latino areas “were far more likely than those in predominantly white area to be left in disrepair,” the Washington Post reports.

Failure to maintain the homes drives down surrounding property values, increases crime and promotes vagrancy...