jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

Does no one else see it, or does the fact that 2 white women came forward 2 days after the fact an gave the statements they made to the PRESS Lets look at the report for a moment, it was raining outside, one shot was reportably fired. Who in their right mind is going to leave the comfort of their warm cozy living rooms, homes etc...to witness a crime after the fact? I say no one. Where I live there are people who go into the woods and shoot semi-automatic weapons, drink, get drunk raise hell, it's not like I go outside to see what's going on! IMO the two witnesses who came forward later are not credible, nor could either one pass a hearing or vision test. Smoke it over, that's all I ask.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

>Let's see if there is even enough evidence to charge him before he gets dragged into
>Court and has to spend $millions to defend himself and the State has to spend $10
>million to prosecute him.

Yes, if you kill someone, you might have to spend a lot of money defending your actions. Is it worth it to you? You decide. Make the wrong choice? Too bad, so sad. It was your choice to make.

>Let's see if there is even enough evidence to charge him before he gets dragged into
>Court and has to spend $millions to defend himself and the State has to spend $10

Yes, if you kill someone, you might have to spend a lot of money defending your actions. Is it worth it to you? You decide. Make the wrong choice? Too bad, so sad. It was your choice to make.

Or in the eloquent words of rush:

When playing at the edges, one needs to acept the fact that one can get cut, And then take responcibilty that comes with it. 

His statement was about the grand jury portion of the law. Are you saying they should skip that part and go straight to trial?

Edit: My personal (a very uninformed) slant? Sounds like Zimmerman has a pretty big chip on his shoulder. Don't know anything about the kid. I think the 'community' outcry and the public attention will make it very hard for a 'real' case to occur that's not driven by PR or politics rather than evidence collection and presentation. No matter what the final verdict results.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's his country as much as it is yours. And his job is to lead it.

I beg to differ. It's his elected position to lead OUR country, not HIS country....OURS. We pay him to do a job which he obviously cannot do. He's again, nothing more than a glorified elected puplic servant, nothing more, nothing less. he works as directed by the citizens, for the citizens. You know something I don't??. You can get the red ass all you want, you know I'm right on this one. I guess you think Richard Nixon's job was to lead our country as well? Really? we all know how that turned out.
-Richard-

It's his country as much as it is yours. And his job is to lead it.

I beg to differ. It's his elected position to lead OUR country, not HIS country....OURS. We pay him to do a job which he obviously cannot do. He's again, nothing more than a glorified elected puplic servant, nothing more, nothing less. he works as directed by the citizens, for the citizens. You know something I don't??. You can get the red ass all you want, you know I'm right on this one. I guess you think Richard Nixon's job was to lead our country as well? Really? we all know how that turned out.

Yes. He wasn't a very good leader. This one is proving a bit better. Occupy will grab this cause and they will merge.

>I beg to differ. It's his elected position to lead OUR country, not HIS country....OURS.

His country is our country. "Us" includes everyone.

>We pay him to do a job which he obviously cannot do.

And yet he was elected, and per poll results, will likely be re-elected. So most voters seem to disagree with you.

>He's again, nothing more than a glorified elected puplic servant, nothing more, nothing less.

I think if you read the constitution you will find out that he has slightly more in the way of powers and responsibilities than, say, the local DMV clerk.

Or in the eloquent words of rush:

When playing at the edges, one needs to acept the fact that one can get cut, And then take responcibilty that comes with it. 

Something you should take to heart, in regards to what you claim
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I find it strange that those who constantly remind us how important freedoms are, are not up in arms by the lack of freedom granted to the killed teen.

Why was he not free to just walk around? Why was he not free to walk home?

To take it one step further, those who claim that our Government should never be trusted due to their perpetual incompetence, are now perfectly content to allow a few Government employee's who are at the lowest level, to decide who's prosecuted in capital murder cases.

To take it one step further, those who claim that our Government should never be trusted due to their perpetual incompetence, are now perfectly content to allow a few Government employee's who are at the lowest level, to decide who's prosecuted in capital murder cases.

Who is saying that?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Besides the shooter isn't caucasian, he's half german/half hispanic,

How does that not make him caucasian?

I would consider both aryan and iberian to be subsets of caucasian.

Agreed...for the most part. Who is to say he is of Iberian heritage?

The "Hispanic or Latino" ethnicity can overlap many races. More often than not those that identify their ethnicity as Hispanic or Latino also identify their race as "white".

It's all kind of moot. However, I do enjoy watching the race cards get played.

>We are not getting facts

Agreed. Put him on trial, present the facts and let a jury decide.

uh, no. You have a grand jury evaluate the evidence first. If he's truly innocent, he loses just having to be on trial for murder. Do you jail him for the duration? Who pays for the 6 (7?) figure defence? And his life is pretty much on hold until it's over.

If, otoh, the grand jury establishes reasonable belief that a crime was committed, by all means, move on to the trial.

If I misunderstood your post and meaning, then I apologize

Thank you, rush.

Now could you please tell me where I claim racism?

I read (into it) that you supported the media in this case. I read into it too much

:D:D

Fuck yeah you did!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If, otoh, the grand jury establishes reasonable belief that a crime was committed, by all means, move on to the trial.

No gand jury can be assembled RE: this matter, unless he's brought up on charges. To my knowledge he hasn't been charged with any crime so far. Thus the reason a grand jury (Which hasn' been conviened as of yet) has to wait for an arrest to determine based on the evidence whether the charges have enough merit to make a determanation whether or not he will be indicted.
-Richard-

So he's half white and half hispanic. And yet several posters here have been at pains to point out that he isn't white but he is hispanic. Why is that?

It's a bit creepy to think that you need to be pure blooded to count as white, but any old mix will do for blacks, latino's and others;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So he's half white and half hispanic. And yet several posters here have been at pains to point out that he isn't white but he is hispanic. Why is that?

Gee, why do some people ignore the fact that Obama is half white and only focus on the black half. Why is that?

It's a bit creepy to think that you need to be pure blooded to count as white, but any old mix will do for blacks, latino's and others;)

The media repeately said he was white
Lie, he is hispanic

Many "Hispanics" would take great issue with being told they aren't white. Might be safer to call a Scot a Brit in a bar at 1am.

I read that his mother is Peruvian, his father is white (and per here, perhaps German). Certainly can call him white, though it doesn't really matter, does is? There are Hispanics/Latinos/Asians with racist feelings towards blacks. Comes down to the alleged "coon" remark.

Everyone south of the MDL, knows that a small town, southern cop, is the best qualified person to decide if prosecution for a white killing a black is warrented.

Who is the white guy in this story?
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

On the plus side, FOX News has determined the real cause of this. From Fox and Friends:

"I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was."

So there ya go. The next time there's a drive-by shooting, instead of giving in to that sheep-like knee-jerk impulse to blame the shooters, ask what the victims were wearing. If they were black or latino of course.

On the plus side, FOX News has determined the real cause of this. From Fox and Friends:

"I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was."

So there ya go. The next time there's a drive-by shooting, instead of giving in to that sheep-like knee-jerk impulse to blame the shooters, ask what the victims were wearing. If they were black or latino of course.

Guess Fox isn't as far right as the 'blame the gun' crowd would like, now...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706