jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

Why is there not a similar outrage over the racist attack in Kansas City, where two 16 yr old black teens stalked and followed a 13 year old white boy to his front porch, poured gasoline on his head and lit it with a Bic lighter, saying "White boy you are getting what you deserve"? The gas ingnited in a ball of flame, eveloping the 13 yr boy's head and burned off his eyebrows hair and may have had hot flames sucked into his windpipe and lungs. He somehow got the fire out by himself and called his dad.

So, I guess the Sharpton's and other race baiters and the media and our president think this Kansas City incident not worthy of comment and that racism by blacks on whites is OK but anything even remotely connected to "racism" by this Hispanic guy Zimmerman, is now cherry picked as outrageous racism. From recent accounts, Trayvon Martin jumped Zimmerman, was straddled over Zimmerman beating him up with his fists while Zimmerman was on his back, broke Zimmerman's nose, caused a cut on the back of his head and that Zimmerman was calling for help, and the withness to this responded to Zimmerman's cries and said "I'll call 911 for you" etc. Whether Zimmerman's legal claim of self defense and use of a firearm is valid, etc will be found out by a Grand Jury, a provision of our Consitution. Those who are just making this a racist incident and could care lass about the facts are not interested in finding our what really happened and are content with the old "race victim" theory - thayt being all they need to know.

So, I guess the Kanas City thing was OK with black racist apologists, and two 16 year olds can douse a 13 year olds' head with gasoline and light it, while saying he is getting what he deserves "white boy", while our president, Al (cocaine boy) Sharpton and all of the others who calim this is a white on black unjustifed death can conveniently ignore the Kansas City thing because it doesn't fit thier "blacks are always victims, whites cannot be victims" theory.
I have heard NOTHING about this Kansas City gasoline attack by any of the media , even with their are so- called "in depth" reporting of the racism in America. blah blah yadda yadda.

Google up the March 5th Kansas City incident and you will find it. Guess our liberal media folk just don't know about google. That must why they never mention the KC incident in their 'in depth' reporting on racism

It's not just that the killer was a racist. The police had a chance to prove their professionalism by arresting the killer and investigating further. Because they also were racist this didn't happen. Meanwhile a killer is still free to possibly kill again.

Or, and this might just be crazy, because it lines up with the facts known thus far and not based in speculation, the shooter isn't racist, the police proved their professionalism by not arresting the shooter based on what they saw when they got there and witnesses interviewed in line with FL law, and the shooter is still free because what went down isn't what the race baiters want you to believe.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

It's not just that the killer was a racist. The police had a chance to prove their professionalism by arresting the killer and investigating further. Because they also were racist this didn't happen. Meanwhile a killer is still free to possibly kill again.

Besides all the baseless claims, did you miss reading the responding Officers report? where he detained Zimmerman, took him to the Station for more questioning? the Officer found that all the evidence, witness statements and limited physical evidence, backed Zimmerman's story.

We need justice, justice brought on by the actual evidence, not emotional knee jerk reactions.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen. Now that Politicians are speaking up with out all the facts and Bounties are being placed on ones head with comments "of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

He was suggested to by a dispatcher that he didn't need to follow the kid. It was not an order from a LEO.

True. On the other hand, even as a neighborhood watch volunteer Zimmerman has no authority to detain or even question people. Since he had already called 911 and was told police were on the way, there was nothing to be gained from even trying to approach the kid. The fact that he disregarded the 911 dispatcher and went after the kid suggests to me that he was looking for a confrontation. This is consistent with his undisputed statements to the 911 dispatcher that Martin was "acting suspicious", was "high on drugs or something", and "these assholes always getaway with it". It's also curious that Zimmerman never identified himself as a neighborhood watch volunteer, and refused to give his home address to 911. Also on that 911 call he says of Martin "he's running", after which you can hear his truck door open, and his breathing becomes labored as if he is running. The dispatcher asks him "are you following him, to which Zimmerman answers''Yep" and the dispatcher says "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman says "OK", but his labored breathing continues suggesting he is still running.

What happened after that is what is in dispute. Zimmerman says he lost sight of Martin and returned to his truck to wait for the police. Out of nowhere the kid attacked him, knocked him down, and he had to draw his gun and kill the kid in self defense. Of course Martin is not here to tell his side, we can only hope that an objective forensic analysis will tell what really happened, if that can still be done at this point. I'm sure footprints that could verify how far the chase went, and whether or not Zimmerman stopped chasing and was walking back to the truck, are long gone.

Furthermore, there's at the very least the probability that the shooter didn't actually approach the teen at all, but lost sight of him and was walking back to his truck when he was attacked.

Zimmerman's account requires that Martin, while carrying a bag of skittles and a cup of iced tea, and while talking on the phone to his girlfriend, somehow snuck up on Zimmerman (a man who was conspicuously larger than Martin) and blind-sided him.

As I understand it, the witness you mention saw Martin and Zimmerman fighting. I have not heard that the witness says he saw Martin stalk and attack Zimmerman. Maybe you can point me to a link where the witness makes such comments?

So we have Zimmerman, who on no evidence at all prejudged Martin as "suspicious", "high on drugs", and an "asshole" who "always gets away with it" (whatever "it" is), and who chased after Martin based only on his paranoid fantasies, as the innocent aggrieved party. Zimmerman, who never called out to Martin to identify himself as being with neighborhood watch. Zimmerman, who according to residents of the neighborhood has a history of accosting people in a confrontational manner.

Then we have Martin, a kid whose only previous "infraction" was tardiness at school. Otherwise a good student, never in trouble and never known to fight. Yet suddenly, for no reason, be becomes a raving homicidal maniac determined to kill a completely innocent random bystander (that would be Zimmerman), a man so dangerous he could only be stopped with deadly force.

You think that version of events is probable? I think it's about as probable as a story that they were scooped up by aliens, transported half-way across the galaxy, forced to fight to the death in an arena for the entertainment of the alien masses, and at the climactic moment of the fight were suddenly teleported back to exact place and time they were snatched from, just in time for the one witness to see them fighting. YMMV, obviously.

I suspect it is rather more probable that Zimmerman caught up to Martin and got the confrontation he so obviously was looking for.

Put yourself in Martin's position for a moment (if you are capable of that). He's walking home, and sees this guy in a truck, staring at him. Is the guy a pedophile? Why's he staring at me like that? So Martin starts to run the rest of the way home, and the guy comes after him! Remember we have Zimmerman on the phone to 911 through all of this, so we know Zimmerman never tried to identify himself to Martin. Martin did exactly what we teach kids to do when accosted by strangers.

Is Zimmerman a racist, did that provoke his behavior? I don't know anything about that. I can't make out the alleged "coon" statement on the 911 call, so unless some more sophisticated analysis of the recording clarifies things it's not relevant to me. Nevertheless no-one can deny that Zimmerman decided that a teen-aged boy, doing nothing illegal but just returning home with a bag of skittles for his younger soon-to-be (now never-to-be) step-brother and a cup of iced tea, was targeted by Zimmerman as a "suspicious" "high on drugs" "asshole", a chase ensued, and Martin is now dead. Maybe Zimmerman sees all teenage boys as "suspicious, high on drugs, assholes". Maybe only the ones wearing hoodies. Maybe only the black ones. Only Zimmerman can say.

Don

Nice story. Only problem is the Police investigated and found no reason to charge Zimmerman. Oh, that's right, the Police are racists too. Well doesn't that just tie everything up in a nice little package with a red bow.

...Imagine, though, the attitude of the Florida police had the skin colours been reversed: that a black neighbourhood watch captain had shot dead an unarmed white student. Who can believe the black man would not now be behind bars, held without bail, charged with murder? The same bias is evident in the judicial system: blacks are arrested and convicted at a higher rate than whites; all other things being equal, a black man found guilty of murder is four times more likely to be sentenced to death than a white man...

I didn't comment on the police not arresting Zimmerman on the spot, so I don't know what you're bitching about.

It may be a somewhat perfunctory investigation was done by the police, based on corroborating Mr. Zimmerman's story rather than trying to poke holes in it and seeing if it stood up.

As a quick example of what I mean, a while ago in the town where I live there was a case that was called in to the police as a home invasion, where the homeowner killed the intruder in self defense. A quick examination of the scene did not contradict the homeowner's story, and he was not arrested at the time, but a detailed forensic examination of the scene was performed. This examination uncovered evidence that did not jibe with the homeowners story that the intruder was shot and killed inside the house. In particular, 1) there was evidence of a lot of blood (from the dead guy) on the driveway outside the house, which someone had tried to hose off; 2) blood spatter indicated he wasn't shot in the house, but was dragged in there after being shot, 3) autopsy of the dead guy indicated he had been struck with a blunt object (baseball bat as it turned out) as well as shot, and 4) he had been dead for an hour or more before police were called. It turned out Mr/Mrs Homeowner were dealing drugs from the house, the dead guy was a buyer, there was a dispute (he didn't have enough money, so grabbed the drugs and ran), and in the driveway Mrs Homeowner hit him with a bat and Mr Homeowner shot him. Then they dragged him inside, staged things (not very well as it turned out) to look like self-defense, cleaned up the driveway, and called the police. Cases like this are the reason police should never just accept a claim of self-defense at face value.

Don

At this point about all that's left is the racist card. People making this claim do so out of pure ignorance.

You think? Can you offer any justification for Zimmerman deciding Martin was a suspicious, high-on-drugs asshole who was "getting away with something", and initiating a chase that ended in Martin's death? All that you sweep under the rug. "Something unusual" indeed!

I'll see your race card, and raise you a Dirty-Harry-wannabe card. "Go ahead, make my day!" "Stop in the name of the Neighborhood Patrol" (not that Zimmerman even bothered to identify himself that much).

Don

At this point about all that's left is the racist card. People making this claim do so out of pure ignorance.

You think? Can you offer any justification for Zimmerman deciding Martin was a suspicious, high-on-drugs asshole who was "getting away with something", and initiating a chase that ended in Martin's death? All that you sweep under the rug. "Something unusual" indeed!

Maybe Treyvon was listening to an Ipod and dancing a little.

Explain how Jorges got a bloody nose, had grass stains on his back, a bump on the back of his head and a witness saw him on the ground with someone wearing a black hoodie on top of him.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

I'll see your race card, and raise you a Dirty-Harry-wannabe card. "Go ahead, make my day!" "Stop in the name of the Neighborhood Patrol" (not that Zimmerman even bothered to identify himself that much).

Don

You do realize Jorges Zimmerman was not on duty for the Neighborhood Watch that evening, don't you? He had a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon and was on personal business when Treyvon for some reason caught his attention.

I flip your "Dirty Harry Card" over and it reveals a Joker.

Furthermore, there's at the very least the probability that the shooter didn't actually approach the teen at all, but lost sight of him and was walking back to his truck when he was attacked.

No there isn't.

The mob demanding justice at this point is severely distorting what is actually known at this point.

As are you.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

This is consistent with his undisputed statements to the 911 dispatcher that Martin was "acting suspicious", was "high on drugs or something", and "these assholes always getaway with it".

In any other circumstances it would be very funny that Zimmerman concludes "there's definitely something up with this guy" partly because "now he's staring right at me".

I think if I saw an angry fat guy staring at me for an extended period of time for no apparent reason while talking animatedly on the phone I might give him a closer look back as well.

You do realize Jorges Zimmerman was not on duty for the Neighborhood Watch that evening, don't you?

What difference does that make?

And who's Jorges?

I flip your "Dirty Harry Card" over and it reveals a Joker.

Try that sleight of hand in certain poker games and you might be the one getting shot.

Whoever is now calling him Jorges (I guess to emphasize his hispanic mother) should know that normally in Spanish-speaking countries it's Jorge; the "s" is added for the evil French.

Since he called himself George, I'd think that's what he normally goes by.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)