jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

This whole thing started because they didn't do too much of one the first time around.

No, it started because a bunch of media whores saw an opportunity to get into the limelight. It was further fueled by a bunch of people who dislike the stand your ground law and then further advanced by people who see race in everything.

If you think for a second that that police were not investigating.... Well.... I don't know what to tell you.

Just look at the petitions.... They wanted an investigation and CHARGES brought. Not just an investigation. It seems that some people are not going to be happy unless charges are brought and see anything less as the police 'doing nothing'

More at link. If Z's account is right, Trayvon was the aggressor and Z had every right to shoot -- especially getting his head repeatedly slammed into the concrete

If that account is correct, I think the question becomes when the confrontation started. Did it start with Zimmerman's decision to start following Trayvon?

Would you feel threatened if somebody started following you at night?

Interesting, the subtle meaning of words. When I think of someone "following me", I think of a situation where I'm walking (or driving) somewhere and I notice someone behind me, then a few blocks later I see they're still there, so I turn a few corners at random, look back, and they're still behind me. The kind of thing that might make me want to go to a place where there's a lot of people around, or police maybe, but as long as there is some distance between us I'm not likely to feel at fear for my life at that instant.

Now a scenario where I notice someone staring at me, so I walk away and notice the guy start running towards me, so I start to run and the guy is still running, trying to catch me... Well, I don't know if "following" really applies to that situation. I think it's inherently much more threatening, the difference between someone keeping their distance and someone who is actively trying to catch you.

Don

To survive you've got to live in the real world. In the real world black people get accosted far more than 'whites'.

Now when you say this, are you basing it on actual data? Gut feel? Race driven rage?

You've made many sweeping statements based on thin air...any substance to back them?

There are many, many academic studies documenting differential treatment of blacks at every step of the penal system.

Here are just a few but literally I could list links all day:

But the statement was not about unfairness in the penal system, so listing links all day about that is besides the point.

The statement was about the rate in which blacks are accosted - IOW victimization rates. Wisc's assertion is that blacks are accosted more often than others and implied rather obviously that it was driven by racism, just as he firmly believes this event was. So that leads to the obvious question - is he basing this on any actual facts, or just his gut?

And if we accept his premise that attacks on blacks are due to racism, then we obviously need to filter out all the incidents where blacks hurt or kill other blacks. How big a portion does that represent?

We're not in the 50s anymore. There's no question about how the South used to be. But let's talk about how it is now.

Ah, I misunderstood, I thought we were talking about being stopped by the police. My apologies
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

If – and I say IF – the news account is correct and IF there are witnesses that can say that Zimmerman did not throw the first punch, and if fact was being beaten I just can’t see how Zimmerman will be charged. It isn’t against the law to follow anyone. But the more I think of it…..
I don’t want to tangle with my 17 year old nephew. He’s tough. The national press has made Martin to be just a little kid. The pictures make him look about 12 and 115 lbs. Other pictures are coming out and he doesn’t look near as small and sweet.
Does anyone have the actually weight and size of both?
In the end this is being tried in the public. Like the last case Obama got caught up in…. there won’t be a beer at the white house to make up for mistakes.
If I was in charge of that police department, I’d be scared to death. NO WAY no matter how much evidence they have – and it seems to be leaking out now – will Sharpton and Jackson let this go. It would take video of Zimmerman running and Martin chasing him down to save Zimmerman.
Truth is I don’t know if he should be saved, I’m just saying he is doom no matter what.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

This whole thing started because they didn't do too much of one the first time around.

No, it started because a bunch of media whores saw an opportunity to get into the limelight. It was further fueled by a bunch of people who dislike the stand your ground law and then further advanced by people who see race in everything.

If you think for a second that that police were not investigating.... Well.... I don't know what to tell you.

Just look at the petitions.... They wanted an investigation and CHARGES brought. Not just an investigation. It seems that some people are not going to be happy unless charges are brought and see anything less as the police 'doing nothing'

At least some are being honest about the story and who is doing what.

Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Trayvon Martin

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former-naacp-leader-accuses-sharpton-and-jackson-of-exploiting-trayvon-martin/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Here in FL, Tampa Bay Area, most black folks are accosted by black folks.

You are agreeing with my statement then that in the real world black people get accosted far more than others.

Blacks are aggressive toward other blacks, the violence tends to be in the environment of gang bangers, gangstas, thugs, drug dealers/consumers, etc.

Now add on all the accostings from whites and it's pretty obvious that black folk have a tougher time than most.

So, it appears (based on your comments) that if they left themselves alone things would be closer or closer to be the same as whites?

There being many more whites than blacks this is not the case.

Seens other blacks disagree with you

But Bryant, who explores the topic of black-on-black crime in his new film “Runaway Slave,” said people like Jackson and Sharpton are being misleading to suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men.”

“The epidemic is truly black on black crime,” Bryant said. “The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former-naacp-leader-accuses-sharpton-and-jackson-of-exploiting-trayvon-martin/
Abraham Lincoln

How it is now is that blacks are racially accosted so often that they shrug it off as just 'background'. It will be at school, on the street, by the police, by employers, by any racist who thinks they can get away with it. Recently hundreds of thousands of blacks were accosted and stripped of a couple of decades of wealth accumulation by a group of blue eyed, white bankers.

again, your argument is that racism exists.

Genius, this solves all our problems!!!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

More is coming out

With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him.

Zimmerman told police he shot the teenager in self-defense.

Maybe Trayvon Martin was the stalker here

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_marijuana-report-press-conference-gated-community
Abraham Lincoln

Did the PD recover the bloody clothing? Take pictures of the wounds? Have the shooter's injuries examined by an MD? Have the shooter tested for drugs and alcohlol? examine the child's cell phone for the most recent calls?

I would also like to see the ME report on the condition of the child's knuckles.

At the very least, the PD is completely inept, do you not agree?

I think the PD havent released (for good cause) their entire file and we don't know.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

How it is now is that blacks are racially accosted so often that they shrug it off as just 'background'. It will be at school, on the street, by the police, by employers, by any racist who thinks they can get away with it. Recently hundreds of thousands of blacks were accosted and stripped of a couple of decades of wealth accumulation by a group of blue eyed, white bankers.

It's not an argument it's a statement of fact.

The national press has made Martin to be just a little kid. The pictures make him look about 12 and 115 lbs. Other pictures are coming out and he doesn’t look near as small and sweet.

yes, seems like he's ballooned from 140 to 200 lbs. Hell of a difference!

Excellent! Now we can just claim racism for everything...our problems are solved!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Excellent! Now we can just claim racism for everything...our problems are solved!

Or we can go to the other extreme and deny that racism affects anything much - and all our problems will keep growing.

Maybe Trayvon Martin was the stalker here

Or maybe Zimmerman told Trayvon he was a fucking coon before he turned and walked back.

So that is the excuse you are going with that got the kid killed?

:D:D

Did you get to a car wash yet?

:D
Abraham Lincoln

And it seems blacks kill more blacks than whites do may be a fact as well
Abraham Lincoln

So that is the excuse you are going with that got the kid killed?

No, but since you were throwing maybes out there, I added one from the other side of the coin.

Hmm

well at least mine is coming from reports given the paper by the police.

Where is your maybe coming from?
Abraham Lincoln

And more whites kill whites may well be a fact. Nothing to do with 'accostings' and the everyday racism against black folks.

well at least mine is coming from reports given the paper by the police.

The police told the paper that Trayvon was stalking Zimmerman?

Quite the spin you are putting on things.

NO

the police to the paper that the stroy they got was that the shooter lost him, tuned to return to his SUV and Trayvon came up behind him.

Who is stalking who (if that is the case)

Oh, and did you note the maybe in my post?

Please

get to the car wash
Abraham Lincoln

And more whites kill whites may well be a fact. Nothing to do with 'accostings' and the everyday racism against black folks.

And yet you dont seem to care about the black racists attacking inocent whites
Example, the story of the two black kids stalking the white kid, pouring gas on him and lighting him on fire telling him this is happening to him because he is white (happened in MO last week)

Does not leave much room for any credibility does it....
Abraham Lincoln

If someone was tailing me at night,I would keep an eye and ear on them,and try to get somewhere I felt more secure.
I would not confront,or start any kind of interaction with a percieved threat until being physically assaulted by a threat.
Why would you attack a guy who was following you at night if he had not made a physical assault upon you.
I am white,blue eyed,blonde haired,and have been stopped and questioned many times by both police and concerned citizens while I've been walking late at night.
I often walk late at night to take in the night air and stretch my legs a bit.
When I've been questioned by those who find my presence to be out of the ordinary or suspiscious,I completely understand where they are coming from,and try to let them know that I'm no threat and do not get offended at all by their curiosity.
In fact,I thank them for being observant and taking an interest in something out of the ordinary in the area,as it may also help me if I were to be hit by a car or attacked by a bad guy while walking at night.
If you are out of place,you should expect to be scrutinized by the locals.
If I thought someone was after me,I would not turn and approach them. What if they had a knife or a GUN!!!

the police to the paper that the stroy they got was that the shooter lost him, tuned to return to his SUV and Trayvon came up behind him.

That is still quite the spin. Unless maybe you do not know what stalking is?

That is still quite the spin. Unless maybe you do not know what stalking is?

Car wash dude

get to the car wash

BTW
Why is it so important to you that Zimmerman be the animal you want him to be?
Abraham Lincoln