jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

the newly released evidence from the police has the statement from a neighbor who witnessed TM on top of GM beating him.

Now that GM has been introduced into this case, it's really confusing. :P (I think lawrocket started it, but now you're doing it too!)

For the record, I had nothing to do with this. I was at home and I have witnesses.

Face it.
As a society we could really care less about law and the details of the evidence.
This is totally a reaction to the mob mentality.

We could care less? Or we couldn't care less?

Jesus, you people are messing with my overly-medicated head right now. :P

It appears that the release of the evidence is having an effect

40% Now Say Trayvon Martin Shot in Self-Defense; 24% Say It Was Murder

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/may_2012/40_now_say_trayvon_martin_shot_in_self_defense_24_say_it_was_murder
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What is confusing to me is that the special prosecutor brought the charges as second degree murder (I believe). I don't want to buy in that she did it only for political reason. I believe ANY charge would have had the same effect.

If Lawrocker has calm down I'd love to his his tjhoughts on that.

Manslaughter sounds possible....... from my limited knowledge.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

What is confusing to me is that the special prosecutor brought the charges as second degree murder (I believe). I don't want to buy in that she did it only for political reason. I believe ANY charge would have had the same effect.

people weren't particularly happy with the eventual involuntary manslaughter conviction in the BART shooting by officer Johannes Mehserle. (shot handcuffed prone suspect in the back, claimed he intended to use taser)

Lots of rioting throughout the process.

So they up the charge to prevent rioting? I hope that really wasn't the case

I think the DA took the easy way out. Much of the time, the jury can consider the lesser charges, but I don't think they ever are given license to consider a greater one.

Seems like this has fallen off the radar here a to a degree the national press but I did see where MSN picked and artical about Zimmerman "criticized cops" as an editors choice....

Looks like the info will keep coming out so the press can milk this one but polls are showing more and more people are starting to side with zimmerman.

Not that it should matter
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Not that it should matter

Agreeing with you

but it matter did when the media and the race baiters made a mess of it to start with
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

While I understand the correct form, I seriously believe not only can we but we will care less.
and less
and less

[:/]

and who is this 'jesus' dude....was he in the fight too???

Hard to fight Jesus. As many times as you have provoked Him, He just turns the other cheek. Damned cheeky of Him.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

for a second degree murder charge, it's pretty reasonable. With the new economy, everyone should have 6 months in living expenses in liquid form.

"Reasonable" and "should" was not the question.... The question was how many have that in cash.... Especially in this economy.

for a second degree murder charge, it's pretty reasonable. With the new economy, everyone should have 6 months in living expenses in liquid form.

"Reasonable" and "should" was not the question.... The question was how many have that in cash.... Especially in this economy.

if you don't, you shouldn't be skydiving. Or have a loan for a new model car.

if you don't, you shouldn't be skydiving. Or have a loan for a new model car.

Again, you avoid the question. How many have that kind of cash laying around? I do, maybe you do as well, but how many of the general public do?

Not what people SHOULD do in your opinion, but how many actually have that.

Dumbass Zimmerman got his bail revoked today. Seems he lied to the court about his passport(s) and lied about how much money he has/had. (Hence that makes him a dumbass.

Problem is that dumbass people have the right to carry a gun, and dumbass people can then make life/death decisions in the streets regarding other people using that gun.

can't fix dumbass, but too bad the gun lobby still does not see this as a problem.

Dumbass Zimmerman got his bail revoked today. Seems he lied to the court about his passport(s) and lied about how much money he has/had. (Hence that makes him a dumbass.

Nice spin - since when is a legal defense fund treated as an asset for figuring bail (other than this case, of course)?

As for the passport - sorta hard to get through immigration with an expired passport - try it sometime and see if it works for you.

Problem is that dumbass people have the right to carry a gun, and dumbass people can then make life/death decisions in the streets regarding other people using that gun.

can't fix dumbass, but too bad the gun lobby still does not see this as a problem.

Why should the gun lobby see idiots with unreasonable fear of weapons as their problem?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Makes his lawyers (and the Florida BAR) dumbasses too, they didn't see an expired passport as an issue or a legal defense fund that was set up after his arrest as a personal asset. The State feel differently, but maybe once in court and both sides get to talk to the Judge, they and we observers can see the real deal.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Makes his lawyers (and the Florida BAR) dumbasses too, they didn't see an expired passport as an issue or a legal defense fund that was set up after his arrest as a personal asset. The State feel differently, but maybe once in court and both sides get to talk to the Judge, they and we observers can see the real deal.

Matt

This is just the beginning. The evidence is starting to make a lot of important folks look bad so the public's perception of Z needs to be tweaked, bit by bit. By the time this makes it to trial old Zimmy is gonna make Hannibal Lecter look like the Easter Bunny.

Nice spin - since when is a legal defense fund treated as an asset for figuring bail

Since the court said it is so.... If you don't like the courts and the judges decisions, then you are welcome to run for office and write new laws to change that.

Makes his lawyers (and the Florida BAR) dumbasses too,

absolutely, but who knows what their strategy may be or even if they have one. COuld be bad judgement on the money side of it and perhaps Zim did not even tell his lawyers about the other passport.... who knows, either way, it's dumbass for them all around.

I think all he had to do was shut up to win this case, but seems to dig himself a hole....

>The evidence is starting to make a lot of important folks look bad so the public's
>perception of Z needs to be tweaked, bit by bit.

Agreed. They've already made Trayvon look like a violent, delinquent drug dealing thief; have to do the same for Zimmerman. Sells more papers.

Nice spin - since when is a legal defense fund treated as an asset for figuring bail

Since the court said it is so.... If you don't like the courts and the judges decisions, then you are welcome to run for office and write new laws to change that.

"Since the court said it is so" - looks like you and the judge both need to do some reading. Bail is *supposed* to be set according to flight risk, not income level, skippy.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>The evidence is starting to make a lot of important folks look bad so the public's
>perception of Z needs to be tweaked, bit by bit.

Agreed. They've already made Trayvon look like a violent, delinquent drug dealing thief; have to do the same for Zimmerman. Sells more papers.

No, Martin did that all by himself by dealing drugs and attacking people.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706