jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

....Was it because he felt threatened with the $1,000,000.00 Reward on his head put there by the Black Panthers? .

^THAT. My gut feeling, based on no proof at all.

I agree with the rest of your post dealing with the legal system and the media except that I think he will be convicted of whatever charge is in place at trial time.

Either that or a plea bargain is done....which basically amounts to the same thing.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The only douchebags are those in the media and on this site who lied and convicted him before most of the info came out

:D:D:D
My sentiments exactly...and it applies to both GZ and TM.
:D:D:D

But hey! It's generated a lot of commentary and some pertinent information at least as far as the workings of the legal system and how it is prone to react to the media.

It got the race baiters back in the news too:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If you are going to be a douchebag, then you can expect to get this treatment. Z is a douchebag, and it began the day he decided to be an armed neighborhood wannabe cop,

And *HERE* we get to the REAL reason you agree with the court - your own personal bias.

+1
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

.......The prosecution wants a 2nd degree murder conviction on Zimmerman. Guess what, it will not happen. They should have charged Zimmerman with Manslaughter......

I think that in Florida, Manslaughter is a "lesser included offense" to 2nd Degree Murder that may be considered by a jury if this goes to trial (which I doubt). I think what the prosecution wants is for Zim to be picked up by a public defender who will "play ball". The judge knew about the defense fund before the bail hearing. I knew about it and I only read about it in the paper.

I know Zim was being hidden at an undisclosed location. I wonder if that location is also undisclosed to the court? I would think that the judge would have that information. Maybe not. I wonder what the usual protocol is regarding who is privy to that information and who is not. ??

Given he was required to have a GPS ankle bracelet, they knew where he was every second.

Really? This kind of makes me think the whole bail revoked thing is more of a "made for TV ratings and political reelection points" stunt then.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Given he was required to have a GPS ankle bracelet, they knew where he was every second.

Really? This kind of makes me think the whole bail revoked thing is more of a "made for TV ratings and political reelection points" stunt then.

This is without a doubt a political stunt, geared toward people like tkhayes, who have absolutely no interest in fair justice.

His legal team said Sunday they hope Zimmerman's voluntary surrender will show he is not a flight risk. The money Zimmerman has raised is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by Zimmerman or his attorneys, according to a news release.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/06/01/national/a113855D00.DTL#ixzz1wqjtpFLT

We'll seen twice now that Zimmerman complies on his own with arrest warrants. He has no passport, they know where he is. If he wanted to flee, he could have done so already with the help of SYG fans.

This looks a bit like delayed mitigation of the damage done a couple weeks ago when the reports of his actual condition, as well of the deceased, were released. The state has a terrible case and knows it. No fucking chance at a second degree conviction, and the tactic of overcharging to try to get manslaughter is a bit transparent.

Too bad it's based on the court doing something that you agree with and not any legal precept.

back that up with a fact please. Certainly in the USA, there is a long precedent of courts not following the law....:S

And *HERE* we get to the REAL reason you agree with the court - your own personal bias.

Nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing - my opinion is not on trial here, Z, is. He had a clear cut case fo self defense laid out in front of him and I have only ever asked for him to have a day in court instead of getting off scott-free.

He has his day in court, he is blowing it - he is a douchebag.

Whether you think this is a media case or not, it is not smart to lie to a judge. It is not smart to play 'contempt' He did that and he got burned.

The media did not ask for his bail to be revoked, nor did I. It was reported AFTER it happened. outside people had little if any influence on it whatsoever.

perhaps you should read more. try sitting in a courtroom once in a while and pretent at least to pay attention to what is going on.

douchebag - my opinion. If I had a wannabe cop in MY neighborhood carrying a gun for the safety and protection of all of us - they would be a douchebag too.

he continues to be a douchebag, using the same pretext by thinking that this is some sort fo game with the courtroom. If I was up on murder charges, I would be intently listening to everything the court has to say, following orders and saying 'yes sir' and 'yes your Honor'

By all means, he may very well be getting really bad legal advise, but with the $200K elgal defense fund set up, I expect that is not the case.

Keep in mind that this is the U.S. system of criminal justice we are dealing with. A system to which ALL U.S. citizens are subjugated.

If it ever hits close to home for YOU, you might be changing your opinion if you currently think the process we are seeing is a good one.

The good news for Z is that it is such a high-profile case that the powers that be are being pulled in many directions as opposed to quickly packing him away as so many of the poor have had done to them.

The only douchebags are those in the media and on this site who lied and convicted him before most of the info came out

up to this point, absolutely. But this had nothing to do with the media. They did not ask for it, lead up to it, spin it or even speculate it. They simply reported it after the fact.

He has no passport,...

He had two, it turned out and lied about it. hence the revocation of bail. read a little more.

And again, i have not asked that he be convicted. I could care less. I asked and wanted that he be arrested and charged, and that is done. I could now care less about the outcome.

But I find his actions incredibly surprising given how simple it will be for him to win this case. But instead, he chooses to be a douchebag.

This is telling:

From one news story:
Zimmerman's wife testified at the bond hearing that they had limited funds available since she was a nursing student and Zimmerman wasn't working.

From another:
"Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, was asked about the website at the April bond hearing, but she said she didn't know how much money had been raised.
Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie."

See what I mean?
April? No problem.
Friday? BIG problem.

(OK, I'm assuming the DA was smart enough to know about the defense fund and how much was in it at the time of the bond hearing.)

Politics at its best worst.

No mention of what, if anything, Z had said about the defense fund.

Taken to an extreme it could be this:
You are poor with no money and request a state-paid defense attorney. But Wait! Your grandma pays your bail. Later, when the DA finds that Granny is rich, you get revoked.

WTH. Makes sense to me.
(sarcasm, my friends)
(sarcasm, Jakee)

He has no passport,...

He had two, it turned out and lied about it. hence the revocation of bail. read a little more.

maybe a small point but from the AP:
"Prosecutors also said Zimmerman had failed to surrender a second passport, but the judge dismissed that concern as the equivalent of someone who has lost a driver's license, applies for a new one and then finds the old driver's license."

He has no passport,...

maybe a small point but from the AP:
"Prosecutors also said Zimmerman had failed to surrender a second passport, but the judge dismissed that concern as the equivalent of someone who has lost a driver's license, applies for a new one and then finds the old driver's license."

now that we've beaten that one to death, TK, how about getting back to your mistaken claim that he had full access to this "secret" bank account, the stated reason for revocation of bail.

And if the concern is merely about the amount, and it wasn't so important to immediately jail him, why not have the hearing first? Why the insistence on giving him 48 hours to report back to jail and then dick around for a while before having the bail hearing? Seems a bit vindictive.

Too bad it's based on the court doing something that you agree with and not any legal precept.

back that up with a fact please. Certainly in the USA, there is a long precedent of courts not following the law....:S

You first - maybe you can come up with some case studies showing where bail should be based on income and not risk of flight, for a start.

Nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing - my opinion is not on trial here, Z, is. He had a clear cut case fo self defense laid out in front of him and I have only ever asked for him to have a day in court instead of getting off scott-free.

He has his day in court, he is blowing it - he is a douchebag.

Whether you think this is a media case or not, it is not smart to lie to a judge. It is not smart to play 'contempt' He did that and he got burned.

The media did not ask for his bail to be revoked, nor did I. It was reported AFTER it happened. outside people had little if any influence on it whatsoever.

perhaps you should read more. try sitting in a courtroom once in a while and pretent at least to pay attention to what is going on.

I have. Maybe YOU should try it sometime - I would say 'you might actually learn something', but probably not.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You first - maybe you can come up with some case studies showing where bail should be based on income and not risk of flight, for a start.

I already did - the amount of money you have IS a reflection of your flight risk (skippy), or maybe you missed it.

Maybe YOU should try it sometime

I have. I sat in a courtroom plenty of times in the past 3 years. I watched judges, act, not act. I watched defendants be douchebags and get treated as such and I watched people who did the right thing and got what they deserved.

example. The lady up on drug charges comes in for a hearing. Her hair is a mess. She is wearing a shirt that says "Ask me if I care". The judge asks here if she has a cell phone and someone she can call to bring her another shirt. She says yes.

He sends her to the lockup for contempt so she can do just that. Complete disrespect for the court and well within his rights - his courtroom, his rules.

Z's courtroom? Not really, it's the JUDGE's courtroom, his rules.

Z lied, Z is a douchebag. Z gets treated like a douchebag. I do not see the problem.

You do not see the problem with armed douchebags walking around neighborhoods looking for a fight.

I do not see a problem with douchebags getting held for contempt.

I already did - the amount of money you have IS a reflection of your flight risk (skippy), or maybe you missed it.

Evidently you AND the judge missed where he returned to face the court, even after supposedly having all this money available.

Now, he's returned yet AGAIN.

*Hardly* the 'flight risk' you and the "judge" seem to think he is.

Maybe YOU should try it sometime

I have. I sat in a courtroom plenty of times in the past 3 years.

Guess you didn't learn as much as you THINK you did, then.

You do not see the problem with armed douchebags walking around neighborhoods looking for a fight.

And there's that bias again. Got evidence to back up your oh-so-expert legal opinion there, sport?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

*Hardly* the 'flight risk' you and the "judge" seem to think he is.

Once again, you elevate your own personal opinion above the court of law in Miami Dade County

Doesn't take a law degree to identify bias and stupidity.

The purpose of bail is to make sure the suspect shows up for trial. Given that he voluntarily surrendered himself in the initial proceedings, when he evidently had access to at least part of the money, coupled with surrendering his only valid passport and voluntarily surrendering himself to authorities a *second* time, makes it clear that Zimmerman is *not* a flight risk to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together.

- well done, may I see a transcript of your law degree pls?

You first. You can submit it along with an essay on the Eighth Amendment and analyses of Stack v. Boyle and United States v. Salerno.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706