jclalor

footage emerges showing U.S. troops urinating on dead Afghan bodies

Dayum, I left just when I should have been making popcorn.

Rehmwa pretty much nailed it. I can stand up to 98 cent attacks :P:P:P, I was just trying to get a clear answer; I'd've probably said something placating, but I had to go to an appointment.

Let's let the Marines punish them. I really think this is a case where we can't afford to let them get away with understanding, simply because we're in their country, and not our own. That's a significant difference. How would we treat invaders in the US?

And I'm no longer employed fulltime, so, well, all the time I'm taking is just being taken away from (generally) more useful personal pursuits.

And as far as Allen West "nailing it," well, let's let the Marines settle that one, too. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No he didn't. He's just being the next whiny bitch that thinks the world is liberally biased against America. The Mogadishu incident caused a widespread outrage in and outside the US. And I know of the other incidents without having to use google. Both made the evening news here.

No he didn't. He's just being the next whiny bitch that thinks the world is liberally biased against America. The Mogadishu incident caused a widespread outrage in and outside the US. And I know of the other incidents without having to use google. Both made the evening news here.

No, he nailed it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>End of story

Actually, this is:

=========
Art 34. Remains of deceased

1. The remains of persons who have died for reasons related to occupation or in detention resulting from occupation or hostilities and those or persons not nationals of the country in which they have died as a result of hostilities shall be respected, and the gravesites of all such persons shall be respected, maintained and marked as provided for in Article 130 of the Fourth Convention, where their remains or gravesites would not receive more favourable consideration under the Conventions and this Protocol.
=========

We signed it. We demand others follow it. Case closed.

>End of story

Actually, this is:

=========
Art 34. Remains of deceased

1. The remains of persons who have died for reasons related to occupation or in detention resulting from occupation or hostilities and those or persons not nationals of the country in which they have died as a result of hostilities shall be respected, and the gravesites of all such persons shall be respected, maintained and marked as provided for in Article 130 of the Fourth Convention, where their remains or gravesites would not receive more favourable consideration under the Conventions and this Protocol.
=========

We signed it. We demand others follow it. Case closed.

Yep

He addressed it
Abraham Lincoln

Here again, what's the fuss? It's like putting women's panties over the enemy's head. Big deal. I couldn't even detect the urine flow in the video.

Since the repeal of DADT, there are probably videos of U.S.Troops urinating on each other. One of the Marines understood the meaning of "Golden Showers."

Back in the day, troops would often cut off an ear and attach it to their web gear after leaving a unit death card in the corpse's mouth.

It's called combat and not everyone is cut out for it. But, if you are, you better have the right attitude about it. Otherwise, you won't live very long.

How Christian of you to make excuses for this kind of behavior. This is a perfect example of the kind of false "christianity" that makes people sick to their stomachs.
A decent and moral Christian would denouce such behavior, without question. Thanks for making perfectly clear the shallowness of what some people pretend is christian beliefs.

Odds are the Marines in the video are devout followers of Lush Rimjob and Right Wing Conservative thinking. This kind of behavior fits right in with those small minded, ignorant assholes that have perverted this country to hell. I am sure the usual suspects here have expressed their full support of the Marine's desecration of the corpses.

I am not going to bother to read this thread as the RWCs are sure to have had plenty of disgusting things to say in defense of the Marines in the video. When you folks get to meet you maker, you will have a lot to answer for.

When you folks get to meet you maker, you will have a lot to answer for.

You are entertaining. I have my answer. Do you have yours?

Ah, don't bother to respond.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"I am not going to bother to read this thread as the RWCs are sure to have had plenty of disgusting things to say in defense of the Marines in the video. When you folks get to meet you maker, you will have a lot to answer for. "

Don't recall anyone in the whole thread saying the marines were right.
You won't admit to reading the thread. Just like funjumper101 is probably not your only SN. Is it..? come on.. fess up.

Agreed.
I think the marine command will see it this way as well.
More so given the political and international embarrassment and pressure.
That act, and more so the filming of it, was utterly stupid.
Just like trying to justify it.
[:/]

Agreed. Great way to make friends and influence people.
(apologies to A. Carnegie)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You have to wonder the toll these wars take on young mens' minds...

I've seen normal civilian kids in their 20's do some pretty f'd up shit...and that's without ever even having to experice actually blowing somebody's head off and watching their close friends get blown to pieces.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

When you folks get to meet you maker, you will have a lot to answer for.

You are entertaining. I have my answer. Do you have yours?

Ah, don't bother to respond.

It's sad to see the lengths these people go to find any excuse whatsoever to bash christianity and distance themselves from the faith, just in order to ease their nagging conscience...

You know what I mean Ron? Sort of like an alcoholic in denial that will do whatever it takes to disassociate themselves with the other alcoholics in AA that have already admitted their depravity...just so they can take the "easy way out."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It's sad to see the lengths these people go to find any excuse whatsoever to bash christianity and distance themselves from the faith, just in order to ease their nagging conscience...

You know what I mean Ron? Sort of like an alcoholic in denial that will do whatever it takes to disassociate themselves with the other alcoholics in AA that have already admitted their depravity...just so they can take the "easy way out."

The last boss I had, as a substance abuse treatment program coordinator, jokingly said to me one day, "You always look for a softer easier way."

I thought to myself, you are right. That is a very hard one to shake.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

At least West admits the Marines were wrong, but this line is utter bullshit:

I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

PS, I have been shot at by the Taliban, so please don't tell me to shut up.

- Dan G

At least West admits the Marines were wrong, but this line is utter bullshit:

I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

PS, I have been shot at by the Taliban, so please don't tell me to shut up.

Utter bs huh......
Abraham Lincoln

Yep. Utter. The treatment of our men in both situations mentioned by West was roundly denounced. He tries to make it sound like "the media" was fine with it, which is complete and utter BS. Anything of substance to add?

- Dan G

Yep. Utter. The treatment of our men in both situations mentioned by West was roundly denounced. He tries to make it sound like "the media" was fine with it, which is complete and utter BS. Anything of substance to add?

Rather snarky this Monday morning

Think I will leave you alone

BTW

The media did NOT play it like they are this story

IMO your line is utter bs

Later
Abraham Lincoln

Of course they didn't play it the same. It's not the same. What the enemy did to our men was infinitely worse that what these Marines did. On the other hand, this incident is OUR troops doing wrong. We expect better of our professional fighting men, and we should. What the Marines did is certainly not as horrendous as what the enemy did in Mogadishu and Fallujia, but our expectations are much higher for our men. Anyone who thinks we should gauge their actions against what has been done to us in the past, is saying America is no better than a bunch of drugged up, uneducated, Somalian savages. I think we're better. Apparently, some people disagree.

- Dan G

Of course they didn't play it the same. It's not the same. What the enemy did to our men was infinitely worse that what these Marines did. On the other hand, this incident is OUR troops doing wrong. We expect better of our professional fighting men, and we should. What the Marines did is certainly not as horrendous as what the enemy did in Mogadishu and Fallujia, but our expectations are much higher for our men. Anyone who thinks we should gauge their actions against what has been done to us in the past, is saying America is no better than a bunch of drugged up, uneducated, Somalian savages. I think we're better. Apparently, some people disagree.

First off, I am not saying what they did was OK

Neither is the author of the link I supplied

What I am saying is let the Marines handle it in a consistent manner regardless of the media hype. The same as in the link
Abraham Lincoln

Bingo!
+1

No *whoosh* for you.

No, the woosh is for him

He is adding his own spin to make some kind of point

No where have I indicated that this should be compared to what others did

All I indicated was let the military handle it
They will

But dont let the media fucking hype make it out to be something more than it is.
Abraham Lincoln

I found a interesting and very balanced article about the USMC soldiers pissing on the enemy dead, on Al Jezeera English.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/01/201211572445109707.html

If you haven't seen the video of the US Marines pissing on the corpses you can see it here.
http://tinyurl.com/6opm7rl

Is this a 'few rotten apples'? I don't think so but I do agree with the Al Jeezera article.

What I mean by that is that I don't believe that the Marines did this because they were some how worse than their comrades. Young men at war commit acts that they would not normally commit in other parts of their life. Its not a American thing or a USMC thing, young Japanese men committed atrocities they later regretted in their lives during WWII and before just as young British soldiers have, as have the soldiers of any army or any country as far back as man has gone to war. Inhumane is simply a word used by people to make themselves feel comfortable by distinguishing between the acts of others from the darker side of their own human nature.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca