jclalor

footage emerges showing U.S. troops urinating on dead Afghan bodies

'Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.'

Then his memory is worse than Oliver North's.:S

Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

You mean the ones killed in retaliation for the rape of the little girl Abeer? and the murder of her family? Yep remember that incident well. Not sure what part of that horror story he is using in his argument; the murder, pedophile rape and desecration of a young girl and her family by yet more US Marines or the unfortunate death of their colleges by enraged Iraqi's. As Ron said earlier, war is a tot for tat kind of game.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I found a interesting and very balanced article about the USMC soldiers pissing on the enemy dead, on Al Jezeera English.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/01/201211572445109707.html

If you haven't seen the video of the US Marines pissing on the corpses you can see it here.
http://tinyurl.com/6opm7rl

Is this a 'few rotten apples'? I don't think so but I do agree with the Al Jeezera article.

What I mean by that is that I don't believe that the Marines did this because they were some how worse than their comrades. Young men at war commit acts that they would not normally commit in other parts of their life. Its not a American thing or a USMC thing, young Japanese men committed atrocities they later regretted in their lives during WWII and before just as young British soldiers have, as have the soldiers of any army or any country as far back as man has gone to war. Inhumane is simply a word used by people to make themselves feel comfortable by distinguishing between the acts of others from the darker side of their own human nature.

For some 20+ years I have been closely involved in officer training for the US military (all branches). PROFESSIONALISM is pushed at every level. Our troops are expected to behave professionally. This is independent of any atrocious behavior committed by the enemy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.