jakee

DADT repeal - Homecoming kiss

Women sailors share first gay kiss in US Navy

A Lesbian couple have become the first to share in the US Navy tradition of the 'first kiss' since the repeal of the American military's "don't ask, don't tell" rule....

Navy officials said it was the first time on record that a same-sex couple was chosen to kiss first upon a ship's return. Sailors and their loved ones bought $1 raffle tickets for the opportunity.

Two people able to share a sweet, romantic moment, just like any other two people, without having to run away and hide first.

Is there really a way for anyone to think that this is not how things should be?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Is there really a way for anyone to think that this is not how things should be?

Well, in another thread, someone re-posted an opinion article about Ron Paul's support of Bradley Manning, ostensibly about the legal issues, but which rather prominently sneered about Manning's homosexuality and cross-dressing 2 or 3 times. So, unfortunately, there is an audience, including in here, that would answer Yes.

Oh, P.S.- As if this is the first gay kiss in the long history of naval service, whose universal motto is "Rum, buggery and the lash".

Oh, P.S.- As if this is the first gay kiss in the long history of naval service, whose universal motto is "Rum, buggery and the lash".

I thought it was the US Navy, not the Royal Navy? :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It has become an accepted choice and not worth discussing any longer.

spoken like a true right-wing Christian filled with intolerance.

That seems like a fine example of tolerance, as compared to advocacy. I have observed true left wing agnostics/atheists to be very intolerant.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'd lay odds it would NOT have happened for 2 burly guys

I also note that it was published in a British tabloid, did any US press pick it up ?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

>spoken like a true right-wing Christian filled with intolerance.

There's a difference between tolerance and acceptance. Tolerance (of gays, of muslims, of right wing christians) is important for living together in a society. Acceptance isn't.

I also note that it was published in a British tabloid,

It was published in several British tabloids, however the link is to the Telegraph, which is not a tabloid.

did any US press pick it up ?

Yes.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If you are intolerant of intolerance, does that make you a hypocrite?

It would if I were intolerant of it, all I said was that I had observed...:D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Two people able to share a sweet, romantic moment, just like any other two people, without having to run away and hide first.

Meh...I was never a big fan of PDA's.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It has become an accepted choice and not worth discussing any longer.

Yeah, it's rough seeing a Theocracy fail.

Wait, no, it's not a bad thing.

Ya, well...you just wait till butt-fucking goes public!

My fist day on a California beach I witnessed a nice hairy ass in a thong basking in the morning sun, and another dude sucking off some bum in the bathroom...classy shit.

*there I go cussing again..wtf?*
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...