jakee

DADT repeal - Homecoming kiss

Agreed. I've been here since 1993 and never seen anything like that. (Although if you knew what you were looking for and where to look I'm sure you could find it.)

What can I say, I'm irresitable.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

In thinking back, my 'big brother' was a bit flamboyant. Much like Carson Cressley. Like I said, I was green as a gourd. He was really a cool guy. I guess, out of knowing him, I learned that gay men weren't some strange creature to be afraid of. Where I live now, there are two gay men who are on the volunteer fire dept. and help folks in need. Really good guys!

Chuck

I know I can come off as a mean buy by being mean to engineers and engineering chicks but...truth be told one can't live life being angry at people it's not a good way to live.

Also pray for gay guys to move in down the street from where you live! They will bump up your home value!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Ok, so you are going with #2, that their relationship is somehow special.

Nope. The public expression of it, in political/historical context, is special.

And honestly, you'd have to be deliberately obtuse to argue otherwise. Your move;)

Hmmm...that goes against what you've claimed in the past. You've always said that same sex relationships are no different than hetero relationships.

Socially, they should be treated the same. And when recognition of that is enshrined in law... it's a special moment.

Of course they should be treated the same. But as long as they focus on their differences, they never will be.

Uh, OK.

But what about the conversation we were having?

What about it?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Ok, so you are going with #2, that their relationship is somehow special.

Nope. The public expression of it, in political/historical context, is special.

And honestly, you'd have to be deliberately obtuse to argue otherwise. Your move;)

Hmmm...that goes against what you've claimed in the past. You've always said that same sex relationships are no different than hetero relationships.

Socially, they should be treated the same. And when recognition of that is enshrined in law... it's a special moment.

Of course they should be treated the same. But as long as they focus on their differences, they never will be.

Uh, OK.

But what about the conversation we were having?

What about it?

Just wondering if you had anything to add. That last comment kinda veered off in another direction!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The hypocricy of proclaiming they are no different than anyone else while, at the same time, celebrating what they feel makes them different.

Since when did equal rights equate to lock-step uniformity?
Are paper dragons and fireworks on Chinese New Year hypocritical? What about an afro-caribbean man playing steel drums?

I never said it did.
But the gay rights advocates have gone from demanding tolerance to demanding acceptance and approval. No longer is their cry "We demand the same rights as everyone else", it is now "You will accept our lifestyle and you will like it!"
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

>You generally seem to hold onto your rage . . .

Hmm. I don't see that. I think he just likes him a good rant at times (which a lot of people do.)

it's a lot of rants a lot of times. This goes beyond not holding your anger inside. It's better, imo, to not get so angry at so much. Much of it cannot be changed. Some can- his dismay over our doomed future, for instance.

I never said it did.

Then what are you saying? Where's the hypocrisy?

But the gay rights advocates have gone from demanding tolerance to demanding acceptance and approval. No longer is their cry "We demand the same rights as everyone else", it is now "You will accept our lifestyle and you will like it!"

How, and from how many people?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Is that some, many, most or every last one of 'em? And you might want to back up this claim with specific examples.