Xhollister

God and Texas

Oh, c'mon! Texas also has license plate for wild flower lovers, animal lovers, lizard lovers, various universities in Texas, Purple Heart, military veterans, Knights of Columbus and so-on and so on. As long as the plate is not deemed obscene or inciteful, it's hunky dory! I don't believe any of the U.S. States allow '4-Q' or 'KILTHPRES'' or something like that. To twist this issue into some taliban like movement is a little over-board.

Chuck

How is this "Texas Taliban"? It's a specialty plate, no-one is forced to buy it. I wouldn't get one, but I couldn't care less if someone else wants to.

Here in Georgia, a state legislator is pushing a law to change the license plates so they no longer display the county where the vehicle is registered, but instead would have the "One State Under God" slogan. If you choose, you can buy a sticker with the name of your county to cover up the slogan. That's much more "talibanish", as you have to spend money (a nominal amount, but it's the principle of the thing) for the privilege of publicly rejecting the "under God" statement. What's next, having to tattoo "Atheist" across your forehead? Wear a scarlet letter sewn to your clothes?

Now if they had a plate that said "Touched by His Noodly Appendage" I might go for that.

Don

The Texas Taliban.

So says the anti-religion bigots.

It's always funny to watch some people call religious folks intolerant, and show themselves to be intolerant in doing so.

It's an optional plate. If you don't want it, nobody will force you to have it.

Would you prefer that there be no specialty plates catering to the religious? If so, why?

Maybe you would like to outlaw churches too?
Does it make you mad every time you drive past a church?

The Texas Taliban.

It's always funny to watch some people call religious folks intolerant, and show themselves to be intolerant in doing so.

Would you prefer that there be no specialty plates catering to the religious? If so, why?

Maybe you would like to outlaw churches too?
Does it make you mad every time you drive past a church?

It apears to me, all these minority groups are intolerant of something. Now, with all this PC stuff going around, there seems to be a big increase in intolerance. Sheeesh...

Chuck

Oh, c'mon! Texas also has license plate for wild flower lovers, animal lovers, lizard lovers, various universities in Texas, Purple Heart, military veterans, Knights of Columbus and so-on and so on. As long as the plate is not deemed obscene or inciteful, it's hunky dory! I don't believe any of the U.S. States allow '4-Q' or 'KILTHPRES'' or something like that. To twist this issue into some taliban like movement is a little over-board.

Chuck

There is even a "Freebirds" license plate available. All it takes is enough people who are willing to buy it and it not being obscene.

For those who don't know, Freebirds is a burrito place that got it's Texas start in College Station (Texas A&M) and now has a couple dozen locations through out Texas.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Chuck

There is even a "Freebirds" license plate available. All it takes is enough people who are willing to buy it and it not being obscene.

For those who don't know, Freebirds is a burrito place that got it's Texas start in College Station (Texas A&M) and now has a couple dozen locations through out Texas.

:D That's 'free' advertising for 'Freebirds'! By any chance... is there a Lynard Skinard connection, there? :D Looks like, if someone is willing to pay, one can have just about anything on a license plate. Really, that's cool. More money for The State!

Chuck

The Texas Taliban.

So how will you feel (and the rest of Texas) if a group tries to get Allah is Good plates? How did you feel about the new mosques in Manhattan?

So how will you feel (and the rest of Texas) if a group tries to get Allah is Good plates? How did you feel about the new mosques in Manhattan?

I got my popcorn ready for this!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

BAH!

I say have Allah plates and Amish Plates and Atheist plates...honestly I really don't care as long as they have the registration up to date, the MVI up to date, a current and clear license, the vehicle is insured and they're not driving like an idiot.

BAH!

I say have Allah plates and Amish Plates and Atheist plates...honestly I really don't care as long as they have the registration up to date, the MVI up to date, a current and clear license, the vehicle is insured and they're not driving like an idiot.

I'd love to see people in texas with a "fuck Jesus" plate, while doobie cruisn' the back roads...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Florida has far too many special interest license plates as well nothing but controversy. I am all for scrapping all of them. I cannot get a 'special interest' boat registration, or aircraft registration. fuck it. plain jane plates for everyone and stop the silliness.

If you want to promote a cause, then bumper stickers are the way.

It was pointed out that tying a noose at my workplace was grounds for immediate dismissal, since it is considered by racially biased special interests as promoting the lynching of negroes.

OTOH, a cross, the means of execution of Jews by Romans which was adopted by the Church in Rome, is considered a good thing. The abolution of Pilate and villification of Jews - a key part of the sales pitch to Rome of transitional early Christianity - was clearly fabrication, but is now so entrenched that it is taken to be the unassailable truth.

In any event, I figure there should either be no vanity license plates at all or anything you please. Going Godwin here, the difference between a Kreuz and a Hakenkreuz from a Jewish perspective is more a matter of the German efficiency associated with the latter than one of intent.

I am not supporting "White Power!" license plates per se, but do not see a great deal of difference between them and Christian themed tags - neither group has a stellar track record.

BSBD,

Winsor

I am not supporting "White Power!" license plates per se, but do not see a great deal of difference between them and Christian themed tags - neither group has a stellar track record.

First off....if anyone here is supporting White power tags, it'd be you...

second, it's the Jewish "less than stellar track record" givin' christians a bad name - guilt by association.

...then there's the hijacked levitical preisthood known as catholicism....
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

BAH!

I'd love to see people in texas with a "fuck Jesus" plate, while doobie cruisn' the back roads...

Seeing how the XXX and 666 combinations of letters/numbers on plates was skipped in the sequencing in Texas, I doubt the F-bomb would fly. You could probably get the other atheist outlook "I see god when I look in the mirror." Or maybe that's too long.:P

The Texas Taliban.

Let 'em! I don't have a problem with either one. For one thing, I don't live anywhere near Manhattan and for another thing, I don't really pay attention to license plates. Unless, the driver is doing something against the law and I need to write-down the plate. These 'vanity plates' are just a way for people to be noticed, to be out there, look at me! Big deal.

Chuck

First off....if anyone here is supporting White power tags, it'd be you...

Given the garbled grammar here, it is hard to tell quite what you are saying.

Note that I said that I do not approve of either, and simply don't see an awful lot of difference between the two when all is said and done.

second, it's the Jewish "less than stellar track record" givin' christians a bad name - guilt by association.

Christians have clung desperately to Jewish tradition and family lore, and I am unaware that this was done with anything approaching Jewish approval.

It is Christians who have associated themselves with Judaism, not the other way around.

...then there's the hijacked levitical preisthood known as catholicism....

The Levitical priesthood (Kohainim) is doing quite nicely, thank you very much.

Whatever may or may not have been in original accounts of events upon which the Christian Scriptures are supposedly based is hard to say, since the edited and redacted versions available today were prepared by sources with clearly defined agenda.

The claim to authenticity of Roman priesthood by Levitical legacy is hollow, indeed.

BSBD,

Winsor