dreamdancer

Wall Street protesters to occupy foreclosed homes

sounds good...

Thousands of Occupy protesters across the US will occupy foreclosed homes today, in what organisers are describing as a "new frontier" for the movement.

In New York, Occupy Wall Street has teamed up with local activist groups to secretly occupy an empty home, and plan to hand the property over to a homeless family. Similar action is scheduled in more than 20 other cities.

Over the last month many occupations have been evicted from their encampments, as cities cracked down on demonstrations that had lasted for several weeks.

In New York occupiers plan to march to the closely-guarded location of their pre-selected foreclosed home, which organisers told the Guardian had been occupied overnight.

After meeting with a family that was evicted from their own home, protesters will journey through a Brooklyn neighbourhood which they say is "on the front lines of the economic crisis".

"This action is part of a national kick-off for a new frontier for the occupy movement: the liberation of vacant bank-owned homes for those in need, and the defense of families under threat of foreclosure and eviction," Occupy Wall Street said in a statement.

Occupy Wall Street said the march will end with "a housewarming block party" for the family, while protesters begin work on renovating the foreclosed property.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/06/occupy-wall-street-occupy-foreclosed-homes
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

SOUNDS GOOD?????

Trespassing and squatting and stealing property sound good to you????
Well hopefully it will lead to some free long term housing for them. I would expect stealing a home would be quite a major felony. Give 'em 10 to 20 and they'll have some time to think about their idiocy.

The mindset that truly believes these ideas need to forcibly start their "revolution" soon so we can simply eliminate them from the planet.

Yes. I'd call it the ultimate act of sensitivty towards those members of the 99% who lost homes.

Those punk fucking assholes who didn't work for something but lose it step in to those houses to do what? Further shit all over the 99% they claim to represent?

On behalf of anyone who has lost a house, I say "FUCK YOU" to every one of those squatters.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

wwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll

what if they move in, clean up the place, make it a livable space and give it to a family?
And then the bank has a small problem...odds are they won't be able to find the papers they need to indicate that the home really belongs to the bank and odds are the judge will tell the bank to go fuck it self.

don't laugh if you have a mortgage with BoA odds are the bank has no clue where your papers are.
I just got a call from them asking me if I had my title to my new car?
I had to laugh....
Yeah i bought the car and the second i got the chance I moved the loan over to my credit union.
but I know as soon as that title hits my hand....well....good luck getting it out of my freaking hands!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I think you're underestimating the banking infrastructure. Most companies use robust computer software to keep records. It becomes necessary when you start funding thousands of home loans to strangers with a good credit score.

You're utopian squatter idea interesting except for just a few logistical deatils. You're a home owner so you know what I mean.

Lasty I'm responding to your BoA statement. It amazes me the perspective that people like you have. A complete stranger just handed you cash for a POS car. I hope that you paid a pre-payment penalty so wasting their time doesn't increase the cost to their other customers.

Your attitude towards banks that have lended you money makes me wonder how you would react if a bank actually turned you down.

Not always correctly so....

seems there was this little electronic filing company that would record those in their name....and then their internal papers would reflect the actual home owner.
Check your paperwork from your closing....apparently a large portion of loans were filed this way.
I understand it was an effort to reduce filing fees on ALL those home loans they were rubber stamping. Prior to that method, those filings were performed in person by a representative of the lending institution.
Makes you wonder how much of a problem this actually was...or is.

Well excuse me but fuck that. How about they not B+E or trespass. If anyone has a right to the house it's the people who lived there, not some fleabagger and their chosen ones. This is no different than the B+E squatters in the UK claiming rights to houses. Oh, and like Jerry said, in honor of all the decent folks who went through foreclosure, here's a hearty FUCK YOU to any fleabagger trespassers and anyone thinking they should try this.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

That's probably for the banks internal records. An instrument will still be filed at the local courthouse. Otherwise the lender would not have first-lien position (unless a 2nd mtg/HELOC).

Anyway, OWS might be on to something here. With banks having to pay for weatherization, taxes, mowing, etc, on vacant structures, is it possible that a group of people could approach the bank with an offer to occupy and maintain the property?

There are hundreds of condemned structures in Cleveland that banks can't give away for free. Many are occupied by homeless but they're scrawny and malnourished so OWS folks could boot them right out.

There is a vacant house directly across from me and I would welcome just about anyone to occupy it. Just having lights on and some activity would make the neighborhood just a bit safer.

There are hundreds of condemned structures in Cleveland that banks can't give away for free.

Of course you don't mean that literally. Obviously the banks are sitting on those properties because they're not willing to take a massive loss on selling them now.

Also, though, the properties are obviously not generating any income just lying there fallow. I wonder if the banks considered the benefit of renting them out affordably, or if they've calculated that the cost of managing, insuring and maintaining the properties makes it, on balance, not worth doing.

Yes. I'd call it the ultimate act of sensitivty towards those members of the 99% who lost homes.

Those punk fucking assholes who didn't work for something but lose it step in to those houses to do what? Further shit all over the 99% they claim to represent?

On behalf of anyone who has lost a house, I say "FUCK YOU" to every one of those squatters.

Bingo, these are nothing more than self important whiny punk ass kids.

They will trash the houses, shit on the floor, make them even worse off. Why? Because their parents were failures and raised them wrong.

Entitlement. No respect. No work ethic. Give me give me give me.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Bobby Hull is scheduled to be evicted from his Minneapolis house in February, but he won't leave without a fuss. He's invited 100 people from the local version of the Occupy Wall Street movement on Tuesday to protest his foreclosure.

Hull said he doesn't know if the attention will help him win back his home, which Bank of America sold at a sheriff's sale in August, but he considers the effort worthwhile no matter what.

"If I lose it, I lose it. But I might be able to open the door for somebody else," Hull told HuffPost. "It might inspire somebody else to stand up and say, 'Yeah, you're right, what the banks are doing is wrong.'"

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/12/06-1
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

"It got real confusing," he said in the video. "They would send me out an application and I would fill it out and send it back. They'd send me three to four more applications within the next two days and I'd fill them out and send it back. I'd call 'em up and they'd say they didn't have my information and I'd give it to them over the phone."

Bank of America spokeswoman Jumana Bauwens said the bank did what it could for Hull.

"We have worked with Mr. Hull for the past two years to help identify a home retention solution," Bauwens said. "During that time, we offered him a modification and later, we reviewed him for HAMP but unfortunately he did not meet the guidelines for the program."

Sounds like the bank did what they could, but they could try to make the modification process easier.

Hull said he owed more than $230,000 on the home and hadn't made a payment since last year. Hennepin County records show Bank of America sold the property in August to U.S. Bank for $83,700.

And now we get to the meat and potatoes. He hasn't made his mortgage for many many months. At the end of the day you can't keep people in their houses if they can't pay the mortgage.

Foreclosure sucks, but it is key to how our housing market works. Why would a bank lend your or I money to buy a house if they couldn't take it back if we stopped paying the mortgage?

You agree to all of this when you take out a mortgage. Don't like it, rent and don't buy a house!
=P

Actually Andy he is right. BOA and other banks are giving homes away for free in certain areas of the city. Basically they are donating the homes into land banks like http://www.cuyahogalandbank.org/aboutUs.php and to people that are willing to take otherwise condemned structures to take the asset off the books since the banks know they will never be able to sell them. I know of a few projects where the city has been given multiple homes in an area that they have torn down and are now using as urban green space. For the bank these are truly toxic assets in that owning a home that is condemned in a bad neighborhood will sit on their books forever while they continue to pay taxes and any fines for lack of care to the property. They can either slowly bleed on these for years to come or they can take a one time hit and just eliminate the property from their books. For the land banks they are able to take the properties and use grants and other programs to clear the land or repair the homes to make them part of the community again or at least able to be rebuilt in the future.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Actually Andy he is right. BOA and other banks are giving homes away for free in certain areas of the city. Basically they are donating the homes into land banks like http://www.cuyahogalandbank.org/aboutUs.php and to people that are willing to take otherwise condemned structures to take the asset off the books since the banks know they will never be able to sell them. I know of a few projects where the city has been given multiple homes in an area that they have torn down and are now using as urban green space. For the bank these are truly toxic assets in that owning a home that is condemned in a bad neighborhood will sit on their books forever while they continue to pay taxes and any fines for lack of care to the property. They can either slowly bleed on these for years to come or they can take a one time hit and just eliminate the property from their books. For the land banks they are able to take the properties and use grants and other programs to clear the land or repair the homes to make them part of the community again or at least able to be rebuilt in the future.

When I was looking for a house about two years ago I came across a number of bank owned foreclosures where the banks didn't have some one winterize the houses, the oil tanks went dry, and the plumbing systems were a total loss.

The banks just can't keep up. I am not surprised that they just want to offload properties in certain areas.
=P

You agree to all of this when you take out a mortgage. Don't like it, rent and don't buy a house!

Simplicity in itself.
You agree to the terms, you abide by the terms.
Big Boy rules, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Man I can not WAIT to hear what happens here.

Keep this in mind. Taking over a park that is control by scared mayers is one thing.

Taking over private property is totally another.

I don't think this will play well with most Americans
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little