kallend

Who are the "job creators"?

:D:D
If you believe in a nebulous creator you're a mindless bozo.

Yes, it's a nebulous GOP myth.

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-am-a-job-creator-who-creates-no-jobs/2011/09/20/gIQAhpgGjK_story.html
crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/boehner-peddles-republican-job-creators-myth
www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinion/report/091711_debunk_job_creator/employers-debunk-gop-job-creator-myth/

Of course, it does take in the mentally disadvantaged GOP supporters.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just like the biased slant of the articles quoted takes in the mentally disadvantage Dem voters...but I repeat myself.

Having 500 customers wanting to place orders doesn't mean much when you can only make 300 widgets.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Just like the biased slant of the articles quoted takes in the mentally disadvantage Dem voters...but I repeat myself.

Having 500 customers wanting to place orders doesn't mean much when you can only make 300 widgets.

A business owner who turns away 200 customers due to being pissy about tax rates won't stay in business very long.

PS I have run a small business, have you?

A business owner who turns away 200 customers due to being pissy about tax rates won't stay in business very long.

That's YOUR strawman - what *I* said was that the business could only make 300 widgets.

Yes, I remember you mentioning that - why did you shut it down, again?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Then you should know that it's hard to lose money when you are operating at maximum capacity (assuming, of course, that you were smart enough to set up the business in the first place to show a profit while making 300 widgets).

Where is the requirement to make 500?
Oh...you want to become BIG business.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

In the Tuscon Sentinel article...

"When businesses are under-taxed, owners take the savings as extra profits. Under-taxing doesn’t drive owners—or anyone else—to do civic good. It simply provides unearned income at another taxpayer’s expense. "

:D:D:D
Doesn't matter GOP or otherwise. The goobermint has lost touch with reality.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I am not of the mindset that people should be allowed to sue employers for not hiring them, but I do NOT approve of the practice where some employers are passing over unemployed candidates and only looking at candidates who are looking to jump ship from one organization to another. In many circumstances being unemployed these days is beyond the control of a lot of people. For crying out loud, hire the most qualified candidate. Do not discriminate based on gender, race or whether or not the candidate is presently unemployed.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Then you should know that it's hard to lose money when you are operating at maximum capacity (assuming, of course, that you were smart enough to set up the business in the first place to show a profit while making 300 widgets).

Where is the requirement to make 500?
Oh...you want to become BIG business.

Where is the proof that Bush's tax cuts caused small business owners to hire more employees?

I am not of the mindset that people should be allowed to sue employers for not hiring them, but I do NOT approve of the practice where some employers are passing over unemployed candidates and only looking at candidates who are looking to jump ship from one organization to another. In many circumstances being unemployed these days is beyond the control of a lot of people. For crying out loud, hire the most qualified candidate. Do not discriminate based on gender, race or whether or not the candidate is presently unemployed.

+++
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

+++

What does +++ mean?

Does it mean that you WISH that businesses would be operated in an ethical and socially responsible manner?

Does it mean that there should be regulatory intervention from state and/or federal government agencies to make this form of employment discrimination illegal?

Yes to #1 is what I expect for an answer from you and your kind.

Otherwise you would be expanding the government powers and removing choices from the free market. That would be quite progressive. And that ain't how you all roll.

Why should the government regulate how the free market for employment works? Why should businesses be forced to accept un-employed job candidates, Asian job candidates, Mexican job candidates, female job candidates, or any other people that are deemed "undesirable" by the management?

Must be a weird liberal idea that actually caught on. Kinda like the weird Union ideas about sick time, vacation time, overtime, and that kind of thing. We all take it for granted, but RWCs conveniently forget how these things came to be.

Not the people the GOP would like you to believe:

www.npr.org/2011/09/27/140854971/who-are-the-job-creators

My Wife, just hired (2) NEW INTERPRETERS
My company, just hired another Engineer P.E. and a Designer.

Thats 4 people, with jobs, and it was completed well below $200,000 per job that our current administration thinks is a good return on tax payer funder programs.

Small business has been in the past considered 500 employees. Anyone want to guess the size of the business that GETS the credit for providing health care for there employees is? You recall the big credit that Obama spoke about when he was runing for his first term? KEEP in mind that many times the goverment call small business 500 employees.

I'll give you a hint, I have 38 and I'm to WAY to big for it.

They all do shit like that Rep and Dems.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

It means that I agree with Canuck.

Employers should hire the most qualified candidate, regardless of bullshit gov't quotas.

I thought Obama's latest proposal 'encouraged' more bias.

preference (read 'incentives') for people out of work for a longer period
preferences for vets
preferences for. etc etc etc

I think he'll put out incentives for every single demographic by the end.

would be simpler to just stay the hell out of it from the get/go

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Given the choice of hiring two evenly qualified applicants except that one took a lesser job when downsized while the other chose to ride out his unemployment checks I'd probably hire the one that had demonstrated he wanted to work. If I have to worry about being sued I won't hire either one unless I absolutely have to.

James

Given the choice of hiring two evenly qualified applicants except that one took a lesser job when downsized while the other chose to ride out his unemployment checks I'd probably hire the one that had demonstrated he wanted to work.

Good point.

The other side of the coin is that if I'm underemployed--but still have some kind of job--I'm not going to come work for you unless you offer me a substantial raise. The guy/gal whose unemployment is about to run out might be willing to take pretty much anything at any wage level.

If you choose me because I'm a better candidate (which, in such a situation, I indeed am) you will have to put your money where your mouth is if you want me to work for you.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

If you choose me because I'm a better candidate (which, in such a situation, I indeed am) you will have to put your money where your mouth is if you want me to work for you.

"Better candidate" is subjective.

The "better candidate" isn't always the one that is more qualified or even the harder worker. Frequently it's the one that is willing to put up with the shittier conditions, lower pay and still do an adequate job.

Additionally, "better" might be the one for which the company now gets a tax incentive to hire.

The entire HR system in this country is fucked up.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver