nigel99

London is burning

all the current tories are millionaires..

You do like making stuff up don't ya?

what i like is putting you straight...

It is the £60million Cabinet. David Cameron’s coalition Government may have adopted ‘fairness’ as one of its defining slogans, but his team of Ministers has been drawn almost exclusively from the ranks of the financial elite – leading to accusations that politics is once again becoming the preserve of the wealthy.

Of the 29 Ministers entitled to attend Cabinet meetings, 23 have assets and investments estimated to be worth more than £1million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1280554/The-coalition-millionaires-23-29-member-new-cabinet-worth-1m--Lib-Dems-just-wealthy-Tories.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Cut the discipline in schools, disregard family values, cut the police, cut the Fire Service funding, encourage a look the other way culture and hey presto we're reaping the rewards.

cut social mobility so there is no way out and this is what you get. it's back to the thirties for us - and probably a nice big war at the end to finish it off...

you first - say after me 'all those in power at the moment are millionaires and social mobility is the lowest since the thirties' :)

let's see.... the post I responded to was .... oh yeah here we go ...

this is the result of the rich living in a little bubble all of their own (all the current tories are millionaires remember) and not realising what's happening to those at the bottom of the pile...

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Where are you getting all this lack of social mobility crap from? I used to live in a house that was condemned for human habitation, we could only live in one room, we had no floor boards and a hole in the ceiling the size of a car that you could look through the two floors above straight through the roof and at the stars. I'm dyslexic and left school with next to no education, the couple of O' levels I got were Art based. My first job was pairing second hand welly boots and other shit jobs before I joined the RAF then later the Army. I worked on my education after school as when I was at school it was so bad that several of my teachers committed suicide. I grew up in a very racist period living in Brixton and going to school in the shittest school in Peckham which I left having had a gun held to my head for the second time. The next school I went to was much better, on the first day they found 48 petrol bombs behind the music block which were to be used on the fee paying school next door, which was then burnt down two months later.
I got my qualifications after the Army, I did it at night college and then one year full time at diploma level, enough to go to University. In the mean time I worked security jobs at night and weekends. Then I finally went to Medical School and became a Radiographer. Eventually I was head hunted for a Multinational Health company as a Consultant where I worked internationally, then I was promoted to Senior Management position overseas. I am now completing a MSc at Med school again and have just been offered another Consultancy position with the objective of securing a contract worth several tens of millions. Among my friends are several who have Titles, a politician, and members from all walks of life... So don't tell me theres no social mobility because you don't know what you're talking about. Like I said, don't blame the world for your own failings.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

but you don't disagree that - 'all those in power at the moment are millionaires and social mobility is the lowest since the thirties' :)
(finally we're getting somewhere)

'tis a fact...

Working-class children in Britain are less likely to climb the social ladder than in any other developed nation, a report showed yesterday.

Youngsters from poor homes are being condemned to a life of poverty as they fail to reach university or get a well-paid job, said the study by the Sutton Trust, which helps underprivileged children.

Researchers disclosed that children born in the 1950s had a greater chance of escaping the cycle of deprivation than those born in recent years.

Their report comes days after it emerged that white working class boys were becoming an unemployable underclass as they performed worse at school than any other racial group.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1555697/UK-one-of-worst-countries-for-social-mobility.html

So not 'all the current tories' then eh Pinocchio :S

all the ones that count cupcake :)
(the ones in power)

Except it's not all of those ones either, as per your own link. I don't think anyone would argue that the Tory's aren't still the party of the old school rich but right now you're just making stuff up.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

'tis a fact...

Working-class children in Britain are less likely to climb the social ladder than in any other developed nation, a report showed yesterday.

Youngsters from poor homes are being condemned to a life of poverty as they fail to reach university or get a well-paid job, said the study by the Sutton Trust, which helps underprivileged children.

Researchers disclosed that children born in the 1950s had a greater chance of escaping the cycle of deprivation than those born in recent years.

Their report comes days after it emerged that white working class boys were becoming an unemployable underclass as they performed worse at school than any other racial group.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1555697/UK-one-of-worst-countries-for-social-mobility.html

Not comparing apples with apples. The 50s was a time due to the post war period when there was a massive shortage of people for work, the nation was also literally in ruins. Of course there were massive opportunities.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

'tis a fact...

Not comparing apples with apples. The 50s was a time due to the post war period when there was a massive shortage of people for work, the nation was also literally in ruins. Of course there were massive opportunities.

so we're heading for war then...

Class action? Is that it?:S

it certainly looks like this is what cameron and osborne are trying to stir up...

(and remember the police shot first)