nigel99

London is burning

Unknown, the bullet found in the Bobby's radio belonged to one of his colleagues.

Didn't know that. I thought the Mark chap had done the initial shooting.

that's what the police would say...

Want to finally enlighten us "yanks" about the severe racial issues in the UK... or do you want to just go on blithering daily about the issues here in the US...:ph34r::ph34r:

this isn't about racial tension.

crap...

Well then you can tell me how come the poverty stricken Bangladeshi community in the east end isn't rioting? If the old bill is as racist as they're portrayed to be they must get in the neck s well. Why isn't Southall in flames? If its about racial tension then why aren't the black youths attacking white reporters and white people? Why? Because this has fuck all to do with racism.
If you want to bring race into it you could argue that the violence and thieving is being committed primarily by young black youths because the West Indian/Afro Caribbean community have a culture of self hate and violence in London.
Thats why young black men are more likely to be killed, stabbed and shot by other young black men than any other group. Thats why they fail at school because they don't get supported at home by their often absent fathers. Thats why they glorify violence and sexual hatred in gansta rap. I was living in Brixton in the 80' and grew up in a school in Peckham which was >90% West Indian/ Afro Caribbean and I know from hard worn experience what I'm talking about.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Deputy assistant commissioner Steve Kavanagh, who is the deputy head of territorial policing at the Met and who has been heading the force's response to the violence, has just been interviewed on BBC news. For what we think is the first time in such clear terms, he admitted that the police had failed to handle properly the concerns of the Duggan family, and he issued a direct apology. This is what he said:

I want to apologise to the Duggan family. I think that both the Metropolitan police and the IPCC ccould have managed their concerns far more effectively.

It's interesting that he wrapped in the IPCC to his admission. Earlier, the commission attempted to deflect blame onto the Met for failings in the institutional response to the Duggans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/london-riots-tottenham-duggan-blog

Quite frankly he was a drug dealer...

you say. so it looks like the police have shot first - again. will they ever learn?

Trident didn't just pop around for a cup of tea, this man was a well known player.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

you say. so it looks like the police have shot first

Shoot first in that encounter with him? I'm guessing he was doing shootings long before the police got involved, especially in Britain.

Either way, sometimes the cops are supposed to shoot first.
We are all engines of karma

Unknown, the bullet found in the Bobby's radio belonged to one of his colleagues.

Want to finally enlighten us "yanks" about the severe racial issues in the UK... or do you want to just go on blithering daily about the issues here in the US...:ph34r::ph34r:

crap...

Well then you can tell me how come the poverty stricken Bangladeshi community in the east end isn't rioting?.

because they're not black. they have a different experience...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

There are 26 Black and minority ethnic MPs in Westminster alone. So much for the political gagging of black Britain:S

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

this man was a well known player.

so you say. what is clear is that he didn't shoot and one of the police shot another. meanwhile the riots go on...

you say. so it looks like the police have shot first

Shoot first in that encounter with him? I'm guessing he was doing shootings long before the police got involved, especially in Britain.

Either way, sometimes the cops are supposed to shoot first.

Quite right!
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

There are 26 Black and minority ethnic MPs in Westminster alone. So much for the political gagging of black Britain:S

how many black?

(out of 650 odd)

Apologise? F'kin outrageous

Absolutely. Not only will his family continue to live off the British tax payer, they'll get a nice payment to jack up their quality of life.

you are quite a sad person...

crap...

This isn't entirely about racial tension. There's historically been a general lack of trust between black communities and police forces and Duggan was black but that's about as far as the racial issue goes. The area where he was shot, Tottenham, is one of the most diverse parts of the UK with about 3,800 inhabitants of 39 different nationalities. Or so I read.

Either way, what started the protest that led to the riot wasn't simply the fact that he was shot (perhaps without firing first but we shall see), it was the fact that his family (4 children, spouse, mother etc.) found out about his death on the news. Not from the police force who had just killed him, but on the news. Regardless of what he may or may not have been involved in, that in itself is inexcusable and it is important that should be remembered despite the resulting chaos.

The chaos is also disgraceful. I myself am a young guy but even I can see it is motivated solely by greed. Lack of money does not justify the wholesale looting that has been going on in London (second greatest city in the world btw) over the past few days and look forward to some swift justice against the offenders. Das ist alles B|

Oh and for what it's worth, I live about a mile away from where this all started.

so you say. what is clear is that he didn't shoot and one of the police shot another. meanwhile the riots go on...

The riots have nothing to do with Duggen. They have nothing to do with racism. They have everything to do with bored undisciplined youth thieving as much as they can and disrespecting the law who they know are in between a rock and a hard place.
I was there in the Brixton riots because I lived there, all I had to do was open my door and go for a walk to see what was going on. Then people had real genuine anger in them at the death of Cynthia Payne, it was all over their faces rage. Broadwater farm was rage, PC Blacklock looked like a soldier captured by AQ... Rage did that. These little shits are walking around smiling and laughing for the cameras. Why? Because they're taking the piss while all the bleeding heart liberals and lefties and middle class white are wringing their hands all over the media trying to understand "Why" they are looting! Pathetic >:(.
Its kicking off in Hackney right now, I hope the TSG give those they capture a bloody good kicking and turn the water canon on the rest of the little shits. If they don't respect them then they should at least fear them.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

crap...

This isn't entirely about racial tension.

no, but to say that it has nothing to do with racism is just stupid...

The riots have nothing to do with Duggen. They have nothing to do with racism.

they shot him, tried to place the blame elsewhere, were rude (racist) to his family, and you are seemingly blinded by hate...

Hate? No I'm not blinded by hate my eyes are wide open, I'm pissed off that these shits are fucking up my county and my city while white middle class apologists make pathetic excuses for them.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

crap...

This isn't entirely about racial tension.

no, but to say that it has nothing to do with racism is just stupid...

Racism and racial tension aren't the same thing. The extent of general racism today as a black guy is getting stopped and searched by the police a bit more than normal. As, however, rioting is also taking place in predominantly white areas (Enfield, for example), it could be be described as a combination of anti-establishmentism and personal greed.

It is what it is.

Hate? No I'm not blinded by hate my eyes are wide open, I'm pissed off that these shits are fucking up my county and my city while white middle class apologists make pathetic excuses for them.

and you're just making up excuses for the police to shoot any black they'd like to. now you see the result. and you seem part of the problem...

The extent of general racism today as a black guy is getting stopped and searched by the police a bit more than normal.

how about a dozen times a week? how about the black numbers on the police dna database?

The extent of general racism today as a black guy is getting stopped and searched by the police a bit more than normal.

how about a dozen times a week? how about the black numbers on the police dna database?

Haha sorry, no points for sensationalism, I get enough of that already. Show me a black guy that has been stopped 12 times in a week and I may change my opinion. As for the database, so what? Until they start using it as a bank to withdraw DNA samples to plant at will it's hardly an issue.

If you want real racism go to pre-apartheid South Africa. Now they had it bad.

and you're just making up excuses for the police to shoot any black looter they'd like to. now you see the result. and you seem part of the problem...

There fixed it for you. I don't give a shit what colour the looter is (You're the one with the racism card wedged firmly up his jacks not me) and I don't think the police should have to find an excuse. They wouldn't put up with shit in many other countries.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hardly surprising when the majority of the crime in London is committed (As Sir Paul Condon correctly pointed out) by young black males.:S
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Leemore Marrett Jr was walking to his tap-dancing lesson when he noticed the police watching him. "I was wearing smart trousers and a white shirt because I was going to the theatre in the evening and these police officers were looking at me.

"The next moment they all jumped out of their vehicle, about six or seven of them. They were hurling abuse at me: "What are you looking at? What are you looking at?" I was in shock at their behaviour. I asked them about section 61, introduced after Stephen Lawrence, which means they have to say why they are stopping me.

"They just said, 'Get in the van'. I didn't swear, I didn't struggle, they dragged me down to the police station, where I was held for two hours until my tutor got me out."

That was Marrett's first experience of stop-and-search, six years ago in Plumstead, south London, when he was 18 and studying at a performing arts school. There have been many more instances since. In the past two months he has been stopped four times by officers while driving his Volkswagen Golf. He says his black friends are routinely stopped, but his white friends never are.

Marrett warns of a generation of black people that distrusts the police. "Being stopped has a negative impact, especially when you are innocent and going about your business.

"Often they don't even give you a reason. It only takes one bad experience for everyone to start keeping their distance from the police," says Marrett, who works at the Second Wave youth arts organisation in Deptford, east London, and meets many teenagers who have been affected by stop-and-search. "I thought sus [controversial police powers once used to routinely stop black men] was eradicated in the Eighties. Evidently not."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oct/17/stop-and-search-race-figures