nigel99

London is burning

Agreed. In the US the Police motto is 'Protect and serve' in the UK it seems to have become 'Record and arrest at a later date':S
Time for the Police Service to return to being a Police Force.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I always said someone should lock up my ex.

When she lived here in S.A there were Xenophobic riots, then she moved to Cairo and the political riots erupted. This previous week, she moved to London.

:|

I can't decide which side to pick in this issue. I am almost as opposed to chavs as I am to the police and police brutality. :S

Unknown, the bullet found in the Bobby's radio belonged to one of his colleagues.

Didn't know that. I thought the Mark chap had done the initial shooting.

On second thoughts it might have been Meso's ex though:P
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Unknown, the bullet found in the Bobby's radio belonged to one of his colleagues.

that's what the police would say...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I am almost as opposed to chavs a...

Pardon the dumb question, but, what's a chav?

Similar term to trailer trash but from this side of the world.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Want to finally enlighten us "yanks" about the severe racial issues in the UK... or do you want to just go on blithering daily about the issues here in the US...:ph34r::ph34r:

The politics of race has, at best, retreated to a narrow debate around the issue of Islamophobia. At worst, it has been pushed into a cul-de-sac of British Jobs for British Workers and cups of tea with Mrs Duffy.

And as our streets burn, what plans are afoot to address this political gagging of black Briton? None. Our selection processes are geared exclusively to tackling the under-representation of women. Our policy agenda to addressing the plight of the squeezed middle, not those at the economic margins. Our entire political narrative built around an appeal to the White Working Class.

And so there is silence. About the appalling levels of educational attainment by black male youth. About the scourge of gang culture that blights black communities. Or if there is not silence, the voices that are raised are not strong enough to force these issues to the top of the political agenda.

But we've had our riot. So now we can have our debate. And once again, for as long as the flames continue to flicker, black Britain will be allowed to have its say.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/dan-hodges/2011/08/black-community-politics

Is this near you?
I've been reading about it for days.
Read something about the bullet in the radio being false. Meaning; did the bad guy really fire at the police!

I live about 25 miles from Central London, so relatively speaking yes.

I have been taken by surprise by the strength of feeling. I am pretty safe provided they stick to blacks as I live in an AQ friendly neighbourhood:D.

Agreed. In the US the Police motto is 'Protect and serve'

Oh, I thought it was to "patronize and annoy..."

...but in all seriousness, SCOTUS ruled that we do not have a constittional right to police protection.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Deputy assistant commissioner Steve Kavanagh, who is the deputy head of territorial policing at the Met and who has been heading the force's response to the violence, has just been interviewed on BBC news. For what we think is the first time in such clear terms, he admitted that the police had failed to handle properly the concerns of the Duggan family, and he issued a direct apology. This is what he said:

I want to apologise to the Duggan family. I think that both the Metropolitan police and the IPCC ccould have managed their concerns far more effectively.

It's interesting that he wrapped in the IPCC to his admission. Earlier, the commission attempted to deflect blame onto the Met for failings in the institutional response to the Duggans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/london-riots-tottenham-duggan-blog

Want to finally enlighten us "yanks" about the severe racial issues in the UK... or do you want to just go on blithering daily about the issues here in the US...:ph34r::ph34r:

this isn't about racial tension its simply bored kids on their school holidays and morons who are most likely unemployed or unemployable looting as much as they can fill their council flats with. Personally I'd like to see a warning via the media that Police are authorised to use baton rounds and then follow that up with use of said rounds, and quite frankly I wouldn't mind at all if some of them were fired without ricocheting first regardless of the consequences.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

this isn't about racial tension.

crap...

Deputy assistant commissioner Steve Kavanagh, who is the deputy head of territorial policing at the Met and who has been heading the force's response to the violence, has just been interviewed on BBC news. For what we think is the first time in such clear terms, he admitted that the police had failed to handle properly the concerns of the Duggan family, and he issued a direct apology. This is what he said:

I want to apologise to the Duggan family. I think that both the Metropolitan police and the IPCC ccould have managed their concerns far more effectively.

It's interesting that he wrapped in the IPCC to his admission. Earlier, the commission attempted to deflect blame onto the Met for failings in the institutional response to the Duggans.

Quite frankly he was a drug dealer and was carrying a firearm at the time by all accounts, Who cares if he fired at them or not? Should they have waited until he killed one of them? Good on the police for getting this piece of shit off the streets... Apologise? F'kin outrageous
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quite frankly he was a drug dealer...

you say. so it looks like the police have shot first - again. will they ever learn?