nigel99

London is burning

So what? I've been out and seen a van with cops in it get out and walk up to a mate of mine in the street who had just shown up from work. Some yobs on the other side of the road had thrown a bottle, we had no idea who they were and they had nothing to do with us. The cop said on his radio 'I'm taking some in' then grabbed my mate from behind around the throat and dragged him in to the back of the Police van with no provocation. My friend was charged with being drunk and disorderly despite not having has a single drink. He was white. You get rotten cops everywhere and well as good ones and twice in a month isn't the same as 12 times in a week, try harder cupcake.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So what? I've been out and seen a van with cops in it get out and walk up to a mate of mine in the street who had just shown up from work. Some yobs on the other side of the road had thrown a bottle, we had no idea who they were and they had nothing to do with us. The cop said on his radio 'I'm taking some in' then grabbed my mate from behind around the throat and dragged him in to the back of the Police van with no provocation. My friend was charged with being drunk and disorderly despite not having has a single drink. He was white. You get rotten cops everywhere and well as good ones and twice in a month isn't the same as 12 times in a week, try harder cupcake.

twice a month over 6 years is 150 odd stop and searches. try harder with the maths...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I'm a bit confused ... they say that it's about poverty and the like, yet they are throwing petrol bombs - [pah] Have you seen the price of petrol these days.... If they can afford petrol bombs there must be some rich people behind them - so thinks on .........

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

You said 12 times in a week and nowhere in the article does it say that he was stopped twice a month every month :S Doh.
I would have thought it obvious to anyone that people who live in high crime areas get stopped more often. When I lived in Brixton and other poor areas of London I was also stopped regularly, just as much as my black friends in fact. Why? Because we lived where the criminals were and they were our age. Was it down to our colour? Not in my case and probably on occasion my black friends were stopped by cops who saw they were black but thats because the majority of the crime in the area was committed by young black men. No point in stopping little old ladies, just as every time I go through a airport I get searched and if travelling overseas I get 101 questions while my white friends don't. Why? Because I have an Arab name and complexion, it just so happens that a lot of todays terrorists fit the same profile. Do I get bored of it? Yes but I also understand that theres little point in them ignoring me and targeting elderly white ladies just to make me feel better about it.
If black men in London don't want to keep being stopped while driving then they should sort out their communities much like the Muslim community has had enough of extremists and are no longer tolerating them. The Afro Caribbean community need to sort their attitude out, stop blaming every one else for their problems. There are community leaders doing good work out there but theres not enough of them or enough will to change in the youth who seem to think the world (or at least the rest of the UK) owes them a living.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yes, I know the chances of getting stopped are far higher. My point was that you were making the situation out to be worse than it actually is. 12 times a week is a blatant exaggeration even with the article you linked.

that's only one article about one individual. there are many, many more instances. you don't think 150 stops in 6 years is extreme?

You said 12 times in a week and nowhere in the article does it say that he was stopped twice a month every month.

it said 4 times in 2 months and 'many more' instances over the last 6 years. blacks are 6 times more likely than whites to be stopped and searched and go onto the police database...

Yes, I know the chances of getting stopped are far higher. My point was that you were making the situation out to be worse than it actually is. 12 times a week is a blatant exaggeration even with the article you linked.

that's only one article about one individual. there are many, many more instances. you don't think 150 stops in 6 years is extreme?

It would be if it happened, but it didn't did it. You're making shit up again. The article says he was stopped twice in a month in and again in what is presumably a consecutive month. If that is the case its four times in eight weeks and gives no background on where he was or what he was doing.
So don't give us that load of cobblers about 150 times.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I'm a bit confused ... they say that it's about poverty and the like, yet they are throwing petrol bombs - [pah] Have you seen the price of petrol these days.... If they can afford petrol bombs there must be some rich people behind them - so thinks on .........

They probably got it out of their BMWs or maybe the pawned their £150 trainers.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You said 12 times in a week and nowhere in the article does it say that he was stopped twice a month every month.

it said 4 times in 2 months and 'many more' instances over the last 6 years....

So you thought you'd make some shit up and hope we wouldn't notice. Nowhere does it say that this was a regular rate for him being stopped, you can't take generalised stats and apply them to a specific case with no supporting evidence. Like I said, you just sucked the figure out of your thumb.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

And how much more likely to commit crime in London than whites?

Crime is neither a black nor white thing. The is more reported and recorded crime perpetrated by black people in certain areas of London because there are more black people in certain areas of London. Similarly, there are more crimes committed by white people in Scotland (which incidentally had the second highest murder rate in Europe last time I checked) because there are more white people in Scotland.

Sure, if it were true. Listen mate I'm black, I'm 20 and I can truthfully say that I've only been stopped by the police twice: the first time because the people I was with were smoking and the second because I was waiting for someone who happened to be urinating in a decidedly inappropriate location. Both fairly funny stories but that isn't the point. The point is that, like I've already said, this isn't an issue of colour, it's an issue of greed and crime.

blacks are 6 times as likely to be stopped and searched as whites...

Data which provides the ethnicity of the 18,091 men and boys who police took action against in London during 2009-10, looked at both violent and sexual offences.
It found that 67 per cent of those caught by police for gun crimes were black.
Among those proceeded against for street crimes, including muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property, 54 per cent were black males.
On sex offences, black men made up 32 per cent of all male suspects, with 49 per cent of those apprehended by police being white men.
The statistics also suggest that police hold black women accountable for a disproportionate amount of violent crime. On knife crime, 45 per cent of suspected female perpetrators were black.
Among those women and girls police took action against for gun crime, 58 per cent were black and in robberies that figure was 52 per cent.
The police statistics relate to those prosecuted - whether convicted or acquitted - issued with a caution, warning or penalty notice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290047/Metropolitan-Police-crime-statistics-reveal-violent-criminals-black--victims.html#ixzz1UT28fhFN

Now lets do a quick check, seeing as

67% of detected Gun crime
54% of street crimes, including muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property
32% of all sex crimes

in London are down to black men.. and

45% of knife crime
58% of gun crime committed by females
52% of robberies committed by females

in London are down to black women, then what percentage of the population in London is comprised of black people?

Answer:

Black or Black British: Black Caribbean 4.3%
Black or Black British: Black African 5.5%
Black or Black British: Other Black 0.8%
Total 10.6%

Source: ONS mid-2007 Ethnic Group Population Estimates
http://tinyurl.com/3hb43ye

When 10.6% of the population are responsible for 67% of Gun crime, 54% of street crimes, including muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property and 32% of all sex crimes. Them being 6 time more likely to be stopped isn't racism its justifiably to be expected on the hard figures alone.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

corrected figures bolded...

Black people are 26 times more likely than white people to be stopped and searched by police in England and Wales, the most glaring example of "racial profiling" researchers have seen, according to an international report.

The analysis of government data has brought claims of discrimination from campaigners who say the findings corroborate concerns that black and Asian Britons are being unfairly targeted. The US civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, who arrives in London today to launch a campaign aimed at curbing what he says is stop-and-search discrimination, described the figures as "astonishing".

The figures relate to stop-and-searches under Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, which was introduced to deal with football hooligans and the threat of serious violence. It allows police to search anyone in a designated area without specific grounds for suspicion.

Analysis by the London School of Economics and the Open Society Justice Initiative found that there are 41.6 Section 60 searches for every 1,000 black people, compared with 1.6 for every 1,000 white people – making black people 26.6 times more likely to be stopped and searched. Asians were 6.3 times more likely to be stopped than whites.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oct/17/stop-and-search-race-figures

London is going crazy, Lewisham, Croydon, Hackney, Peckham, Clapham Junction are all on fire with people looting. Also Birmingham is alight in places now. The police and fire service in places are no where to be seen. Its getting worse.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

67% of Gun crime, 54% of street crimes, including muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property and 32% of all sex crimes. 26 times? So what? If they don't like being stopped then stop committing the crime.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Dan Rivers CNN reporter is wearing a flak jacket and helmet in Peckham! Clapham Junction is being trashed and theres no police.
Its time to shoot these little shits.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

67% of Gun crime, 54% of street crimes, including muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property and 32% of all sex crimes. 26 times? So what? If they don't like being stopped then stop committing the crime.

or more properly 'if they don't like being stopped then change colour to white like the rest of us'...