Skyrad

Florida Pd execution on film

LOL. What about the freedom to film? The cops stuck a gun in the guys face and allegedly smashed his phone and several other cameras. Why would they do that if they were acting within the law? Looked like excessive force.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

From the OP's source:

While visual evidence, through government surveillance cameras and individuals' phones, can help make prosecutions, police unions and likeminded groups argue that police officers might second-guess themselves if they know they are being recorded and delay making necessary decisions.

Assuming I was a cop, I don't see how my ability to be decisive in a similar situation could be changed by finding out after the event that I was videotoped.

That price is too high.

Meh...cell phones are pretty cheap these days, especially with a two year contract.

LOL... You're on a roll today:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Interesting.

The man with the camera ran from the police. They apparently had the area blocked off, had he while filming gone past the area they were trying to keep people away from for their own safety?

Also there is a gap between 1:42 and 1:43. I wonder how much time elapsed between then and the video ended without showing the phone/camera being smashed.

Agree that the "police officers might second-guess themselves if they know they are being recorded and delay making necessary decisions" is bullshit.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

From the OP's source:

While visual evidence, through government surveillance cameras and individuals' phones, can help make prosecutions, police unions and likeminded groups argue that police officers might second-guess themselves if they know they are being recorded and delay making necessary decisions.

Assuming I was a cop, I don't see how my ability to be decisive in a similar situation could be changed by finding out after the event that I was videotoped.

There have been cameras on police cruisers for a long time.

Being observed/recorded isn't new. They know this, and only a stupid cop (or one so caught up in the moment, that they forget who they are) will think that no one will know the actions they take.

Add in the hope or assumption that there aren't additional cameras documenting every move makes me wonder. [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I don't see why this vid got any attention at all. And "execution"? I dont buy that. With the phenomenal video quality and the spectacular commentary I just dont know why I cant figure out what actually happened (/sarc). As far as the dude with the camera, well he WAS pointing something at the cops (at night) after they were involved in an adrenaline charging incident. I would be damn leery of everyone too at that point.

Another question, why the hell were the "bystanders" so close? If I see a gun drawn my first instinct is to find cover as fast as possible and evac if necessary. This just seems like another "lets "motherfucker" cops thread.
Muff #5048

Must be fake - that couldn't happen in the land of the free .... shirley?

You know I am really glad that at home we have specially trained armed cops, and that not every half brained idiot wearing a uniform carries a gun.

FOUR bystanders injured in the crossfire, Florida police firearms training is obviously based on the spray and pray method.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

[replyYou know I am really glad that at home we have specially trained armed cops, and that not every half brained idiot wearing a uniform carries a gun.

How do you feel about "half brained idiots" having the power to throw you in a cage?
Personally I'd have a gun to ensure that never happened.