Nataly

The Bible and The Koran - ever read either??

While they were invoking explanations involving supernatural invisible beings, the Greeks were inventing science and mathematics.

The Greeks didn't use supernatural gods to explain things? A litle character named Zeus comes to mind....

Why not read what I actually wrote instead of what you would like me to have written?

The Greeks had enough sense to develop and use science and mathematics to run their civilization.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

While they were invoking explanations involving supernatural invisible beings, the Greeks were inventing science and mathematics.

The Greeks didn't use supernatural gods to explain things? A litle character named Zeus comes to mind....

Why not read what I actually wrote instead of what you would like me to have written?

The Greeks had enough sense to develop and use science and mathematics to run their civilization.

I had 13 years of enforced Bible study at regular school, + Sunday school.

I concluded that it is the ramblings of a neolithic people trying to make sense of a world which they didn't have the ability to understand. While they were invoking explanations involving supernatural invisible beings, the Greeks were inventing science and mathematics.

There's what you actually wrote. So, once again, the Greeks didn't use numerous gods to explain things? I understand that they used math and science.

it is the ramblings of a neolithic people trying to make sense of a world which they didn't have the ability to understand.

And that I believe is hitting the nail quite firmly on the head
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

??.... well since then, I have held the same beliefs, with the same critical views. so YES, some 14 year olds are pretty analytical and fucking smart.

I am one of them. I was one of them. If you want to debate the Bible and Koran, then I am game, I stated my post already. If you want to go to personal attacks, i can play that as well.

I thought the thread was about bible and koran, not the OT and NT. NT - kind and gentle, OT? murdering fuck and devastation.... that's a contradiction.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=old+and+new+testament+contradictions&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I don't need to regurgitate them here, you can look them up yourself.

Try not to quote some biblical reference when you deny it, try to find another independent version if you can. Most Christian sites are pretty blind to the actual contradictions of course, because it would contradict their faith....they would rather falsify the belief structure to keep themselves in that blind faith - its the only way it makes sense to them.

It's the Christian way - deny anything or anyone that impedes the belief structure- OBVIOUSLY they are wrong. Independent thought is not encouraged.

What are some of the contradictions you have read? So many people that are against Christianity are so quick to talk about "all of the contradictions." Annnnnnd go....

I don't have the time nor do I even give a fuck to point out the many contradictions in the book of magical people. Feel free to do a Google search. There are others who had took the time to list the vast number of contradictions.
Annnnnnd go....
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I concluded that it is the ramblings of a neolithic people trying to make sense of a world which they didn't have the ability to understand. While they were invoking explanations involving supernatural invisible beings, the Greeks were inventing science and mathematics.

There's what you actually wrote. So, once again, the Greeks didn't use numerous gods to explain things? I understand that they used math and science.

Given that you failed to comprehend twice in a row, it seems you really do have a comprehension problem. I made NO STATEMENT AT ALL about Greek religious beliefs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I agree to a certain extent, though I think the ten commandments is one of the great ethical/philosophical achievements of ancient times.

The 10 commandments were mostly ripped off from the Egyptians (Chapter 125 of the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead) and Babylonians. They pre-date the OT.

Maybe we should revert to worshipping Ishtar, Tiamat, Apsu, Ra, Isis and Osiris.

I google "Egyptian Book of the Dead" and it looks very interesting. I do see a lot of overlap with the commandments...should make for some good reading. Thanks.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

All politics/religious beliefs aside,,if everyone lived just by the Ten Commandments and ignored all else , wouldn't we all be better off ?

I agree regarding the last 7 (don't lie, steal, cheat, desire in an unhealthy way, be good to your parents, etc). It's a nice set of code.

The first 3 are about control and politics (by golly, you BETTER do it MY way, or there'll be hell to pay).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

All politics/religious beliefs aside,,if everyone lived just by the Ten Commandments and ignored all else , wouldn't we all be better off ?

15 commandments, until moses dropped one of the tablets. (ty mel brooks)

any ideas on what the other 5 were?
thou shall not be a dickhead
women must go topless on tuesdays
Born ok 1st time.

15 commandments, until moses dropped one of the tablets. (ty mel brooks)

any ideas on what the other 5 were?
thou shall not be a dickhead
women must go topless on tuesdays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAtRCJIqnk

Read the Bible. It was probably the only thing more boring than going to church. From day one, as a kid, all I could think was "Do they really expect us to believe this stuff." Then I figured out it was just like fairy tales; highly extravagant and animated stories to learn lessons for life; like Jack & The Beanstalk, and Pinnochio. Good enough. Then a little later was dissappointed to find out some small portion of humans took this stuff literally and were at the least wacko, at worst dangerous. Nothing invented by humans is pure.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

"I am the lord your god," "no gods before me," etc., would not make much sense without particular religious beliefs. Actually, those specifics might be the cause of certain problems.

I concluded...

Oh, ok, so let me guess...right after highschool at around 18, you knew everything?:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

The 10 commandments were mostly ripped off from the Egyptians (Chapter 125 of the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead) and Babylonians.

Really? forty- two gods and the two truths, eh?

Did you even ever comprehend the damning nature of the Law?

Did you even ever comprehend that Christ can save you from that damnation?

How about that for two truths?

But only one God...;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I concluded...

Oh, ok, so let me guess...right after highschool at around 18, you knew everything?:P

You don't need to be 18 or a high school graduate to know that talking snakes, virgin births, and zombies is a pile of hoo-ha.

Why couldn't they just leave it as good stories that make some points about how to live?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yeah 14 year olds are so analytical and smart.

They are smart enough to know hoo-ha when they hear it. Unfortunately, and especially when they have been indoctrinated from birth, they can also be easily manipulated.

Why couldn't they just leave it as good stories that make some points about how to live?

You hit the nail on the head. If Jesus came only to show us how to live or if He would have just declared that his was only "a way" instead of "the way", nobody would have a problem. The world applauds the search for truth, however, condemns anyone who's arrogant enough to say that they've found it.

The 10 commandments were mostly ripped off from the Egyptians (Chapter 125 of the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead) and Babylonians.

Really? forty- two gods and the two truths, eh?

Did you even ever comprehend the damning nature of the Law?

Did you even ever comprehend that Christ can save you from that damnation?

How about that for two truths?

But only one God...;)

Did you ever comprehend that maybe Islam is correct?
Did you ever comprehend that maybe the Hindus are correct?

There is no evidence of any damnation to be saved from or that there is any god at all.

This is very weak. Fits well, however, with the shallow "just skim the surface" mentality of the modern athiest or anyone else who will not accept the biblical message (e.g. Mormons).