gregpso

Guns No search at Walt disney World

I am an Aussie so do not undertand gun culture in the USA but... when we went to Walt Disney World in Sept last year.. you could just enter the world without search if you were not carry bags. I could have had 8 handguns strspped to my person !!

I would have thought that airport style security walk throughs would apply a such a high profile Place.

I wonder how many folk I walked past in the world that were packing heat!!

Given the massive security at airport I was surprised at the lack of security there
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

I am an Aussie so do not undertand gun culture in the USA but... when we went to Walt Disney World in Sept last year.. you could just enter the world without search if you were not carry bags. I could have had 8 handguns strspped to my person !!

I would have thought that airport style security walk throughs would apply a such a high profile Place.

I wonder how many folk I walked past in the world that were packing heat!!

Given the massive security at airport I was surprised at the lack of security there

It is also legal to carry a concealed weapon in a bank if you have a permit.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

When someone starts shooting up the joint the security measures will change. Until then.......

The gun culture of america, I would imagine, stems from when settlers had to defend themselves because there was no organized laws or law enforcement to protect them.

Laws don't protect people. Laws are there for recourse for those who would do harm.

Law Enforcement can't always protect people, they are primarily a reactionary force. Not for a lack of effort, that is just the nature of how it all works. Someone is arrested for committing a crime. They are not arrested because they were *going* to commit a crime.

You are really the only person who can protect yourself. Situational awareness is the first key. The means and ability to react correctly and quickly, with the tools that you have available to the level of your training is the second key.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Funny story, when I went to the season opener of the Houston Texans last fall, I had a pistol on my person. I was physically searched by security and they didn't find my pistol. They even ran their hand over the pistol.

Yes, I was legal to carry a firearm there, no I did not have to explain or show ID. Security simply did not catch it. Remember, I'm one of the good guys, think about the bad guys out there that get through such "enhanced" security.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So why bother having a bag search ?? Any one intent on taking a weapon just conceals on their person.

I was not paroid when i was there. its a wonderful place with happy people but I just noticed the lack of security at main entrances.

Would go back again in a heart beat if i had the $$$

Foot note In Australia I carry a hand gun to protect Government buildings but cannot take it home to protect my family !!! or citizens whilst off duty.
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

So why bother having a bag search ?? Any one intent on taking a weapon just conceals on their person.

I was not paroid when i was there. its a wonderful place with happy people but I just noticed the lack of security at main entrances.

What attractions at home would you be felt up, err, I mean searched? It's just not that common, though sometimes you'll see airport type scanners.

The majority of gun crime in the US is felons killing felons. Disneyland isn't the place. (though Quade is correct in pointing out the awesomeness of their security. In LA, you have Disneyland, and to the north you have Magic Mountain. At the latter you might have reason for concern - people have been knifed there)

Given the massive security theatre at airport I was surprised at the lack of security there

FIFY

Gov't security at the airport.
Private security at Disney.
Apples and oranges.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Funny story, when I went to the season opener of the Houston Texans last fall, I had a pistol on my person. I was physically searched by security and they didn't find my pistol. They even ran their hand over the pistol.

Yes, I was legal to carry a firearm there, no I did not have to explain or show ID. Security simply did not catch it. Remember, I'm one of the good guys, think about the bad guys out there that get through such "enhanced" security.

ROTFLMAO!!!:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Foot note In Australia I carry a hand gun to protect Government buildings but cannot take it home to protect my family !!! or citizens whilst off duty.

While you may not be able to take your employers gun home ,you certainly have the Right to keep your own gun with you at all times.
Do you agree?

Peace,
Jim B.

It is your Right to carry a concealed weapon where ever you go.

Carry one into a Federal building. See how far you get. Go on a tour of the Capital in Washington D.C. Take one on an airline. Have fun.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

While you may not be able to take your employers gun home ,you certainly have the Right to keep your own gun with you at all times.

Do you agree?

No. You do NOT have the right to carry a gun on MY property if I say you don't.

Disney property is private property and if they have a rule that says you can't carry one, then you give up that right by visiting.
quade -

Carry one into a Federal building. See how far you get. Go on a tour of the Capital in Washington D.C. Have fun.

Yes you may encounter some overe zealous law enforcement types who will attempt to deny you your Rights.

Still, it is your Right to carry fire arms where ever you go.

So what to do?
Should you just kow-tow down ?
The Founding Fathers set an example.

If you aren't strong enough to live as a Free Man with all your Liberties , and if you refuse to join and add to the number of those of us who could live in no other manner,
I pray that the chains of your slavery will rest lightly on your shoulders, that you won't pass them forward to your progeny, and that the shoe polish of your Master has a taste to your liking.

Peace,
Jim B.

Carry one into a Federal building. See how far you get. Go on a tour of the Capital in Washington D.C. Have fun.

Yes you may encounter some overe zealous law enforcement types who will attempt to deny you your Rights.

I guarantee they'll do more than attempt to do it. They'll enforce the laws of the land.

Still, it is your Right to carry fire arms where ever you go.

So what to do?
Should you just kow-tow down ?
The Founding Fathers set an example.

If you aren't strong enough to live as a Free Man with all your Liberties , and if you refuse to join and add to the number of those of us who could live in no other manner,
I pray that the chains of your slavery will rest lightly on your shoulders, that you won't pass them forward to your progeny, and that the shoe polish of your Master has a taste to your liking.

I pray you join the real world.

The real world understands guns should NOT be allowed everywhere.
The real world understand it's necessary to pay taxes for the governmental services they receive.

If you want to live exclusively by your own rules, start up your own damn country.
quade -

[I pray you join the real world.

The real world understand it's necessary to pay taxes for the governmental services they receive.

If you want to live exclusively by your own rules, start up your own damn country.

I've already declared my Sovreignity. I'm not bound by the UCC.
Regardless of what you believe are "real world"understanding and beliefs, those understandings and beliefs take a back seat to my very real sovereign Rights.

Peace,
Jim B.

Good luck with that.
quade -

Good luck with that.

Thank you.
I'm pretty sure that's about what they said to Jefferson, Paine, Washington ,Franklin et al.
Luckily, Men will stand up and defend Freedom and Liberty and personal Rights.
Unfortunately it appears that we can't count on you as a Man.
You've already developed the slave mindset. I pray you won't pass the chains to your progeny.

Peace,
Jim B.

Do you agree?

No. You do NOT have the right to carry a gun on MY property if I say you don't.

Believe it or not I agree with you!
As a matter of fact I have posted signs all around my property stating that firearms are not permitted and anyone entering the property in possesion of firearms will be considered a threat to my safety and subject to deadly force.
I sure hope for their sake the cops will disarm before they ever cross my line.

Peace,
Jim B.