gregpso

Guns No search at Walt disney World

ok can i ask a question of all of you that like to exercise your right to carry concealed firearms... Why do you feel the need to? are you really all involved in stuff that warrants the need for guns? or is it all just paranoia?

Serious question

The same reason you have a reseve when you jump

Just in case
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ok can i ask a question of all of you that like to exercise your right to carry concealed firearms... Why do you feel the need to? are you really all involved in stuff that warrants the need for guns? or is it all just paranoia?

Serious question

People shouldn't answer this question - 100 people might have 100 answers from "they are professional bodyguards" to "they had to helplessly once watch a loved one killed" to "they just think guns are neat" - they are under zero obligation to justify themselves

why is it any of your business why someone carries a piece of personal property?

serious question

(i don't carry, that's my choice. but at least I have a choice. I don't judge other's motivations, just their actions, trying to judge and control the mentality of others is a pretty silly way to live)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Are you paranoid for having a reserve parachute?
Are you paranoid for wearing your seat belt?
Are you paranoid for having a fire extinguisher?
Are you paranoid for having a spare tire?
Are you paranoid for having life insurance?

What's wrong with being prepared for emergencies?

What's wrong with being prepared for emergencies?

why does this even have to be about 'being prepared'

if you pass the criteria and get legally licensed, your reason just doesn't matter

"because I can" is just as valid as "I want to protect myself" is just as valid as "it has sentimental reasons" etc etc etc

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Serious question

If a guy has fire detectors and a fire extinguisher.... Is he paranoid, or just stacking the odds in his favor?

Serious question.

Serious question

Why do you jump with a reserve? Why do you wear a seat belt? Why do you have insurance?

It's not for the expected, but the *UN*expected.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

you all make a fair point, i was just curious, didnt mean to offend anyone/ i was just wondering as i have been in a few situations when i was a teenager that involved knives/guns etc and i know for a fact if i had been carrying either it would have made those situations a whole lot worse...

Serious question

Why do you jump with a reserve? Why do you wear a seat belt? Why do you have insurance?

It's not for the expected, but the *UN*expected.

Let me ask you in a simply way:

You want to go skydiving?
OK, I understand you need the reserve as a 2nd life saver.

You want to enter your car for a ride?
OK, I understand you close your seat belt as a possible life saver.

You want to have a life insurance, just in case (for your family ....)
OK, I understand, so you sign the contract.

You ...... ?
OK, and now I do not understand for what you do need a weapon.

You possibly live in a damned violent world, could that be the answer, perhaps?

Why don't you just confess: Your world is violent and brutal. You need a weapon to feel safe.

So, just leave all the other idiots alone (I mean those in other parts of the world outside the US), which just enjoy the night walk in spring w/o beeing armed. We just came back, fully unarmed, alive.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Why don't you just confess: Your world is violent and brutal. You need a weapon to feel safe.

Why don't you just confess: Everyone's world has the potential to be violent and brutal. Pretending that being helpless in the face of an attack is somehow noble is delusion of the highest sort.

So, just leave all the other idiots alone (I mean those in other parts of the world outside the US), which just enjoy the night walk in spring w/o beeing armed.

I don't have to be unarmed to enjoy a walk - maybe you should work on your own issues with what makes you feel safe.

We just came back, fully unarmed, alive.

Well, except those kids in Norway...and Erfurt, wasn't it?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Why don't you just confess: Everyone's world has the potential to be violent and brutal. Pretending that being helpless in the face of an attack is somehow noble is delusion of the highest sort.

So, just leave all the other idiots alone (I mean those in other parts of the world outside the US), which just enjoy the night walk in spring w/o beeing armed.

I don't have to be unarmed to enjoy a walk - maybe you should work on your own issues with what makes you feel safe.

We just came back, fully unarmed, alive.

Well, except those kids in Norway...and Erfurt, wasn't it?

Erfurt - when was it again? 10 years ago?
Norway - how many massacres during the last few months, or before that one?

Turn the figures around as much as you like, facts are facts.

Your *culture* is violent.

Seriously, tourists should be warned before entering certain states of the US - such as: Do not wear hoodies, do not walk too close to houses in the darkness ... etc.

Home protectors - armed! - are on the roads, they shoot before asking.

Tourism industry is an important branch in the US. Warning should be given like for 3rd world countries.

You're off to a good path. :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

*ding ding ding* You *finally* get it, after *HOW* many years of being told that it's a cultural issue and not a gun issue. Better late than never, I suppose.

Seriously, tourists should be warned before entering certain states of the US - such as: Do not wear hoodies, do not walk too close to houses in the darkness ... etc.

Is *that* why the DHS film about "If you see something, say something" had the bomber in a hoodie? Damn.... Big Sis is behind Martin's murder....why didn't we see this beforehand?

Or maybe you should tell the tourists not to knock people down and beat their heads into the sidewalk to keep from getting shot.

That's as isolated as your claim above about Norway/Erfurt. *DO* strive for some intellectual integrity, please.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

*ding ding ding* You *finally* get it, after *HOW* many years of being told that it's a cultural issue and not a gun issue. Better late than never, I suppose.

Is *that* why the DHS film about "If you see something, say something" had the bomber in a hoodie? Damn.... Big Sis is behind Martin's murder....why didn't we see this beforehand?

Or maybe you should tell the tourists not to knock people down and beat their heads into the sidewalk to keep from getting shot.

That's as isolated as your claim above about Norway/Erfurt. *DO* strive for some intellectual integrity, please.

Norway/Erfurt

Jesus, Mike. Not sure if you still *serve here*, means on our side of the pond - you really should know there are borders between Norway and Erfurt. What a lame comparison :S

And who knocked whose head into the ground still is unconfirmed. You should take this a bit more careful.

Lame, too.:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Norway/Erfurt

Jesus, Mike. Not sure if you still *serve here*, means on our side of the pond - you really should know there are borders between Norway and Erfurt. What a lame comparison :S

Which has not a damn thing to do with the intellectual dishonesty of your statement. Nice attempt at a dodge, however.

And who knocked whose head into the ground still is unconfirmed. You should take this a bit more careful.

Given that there's eyewitnesses to Martin beating Zimmerman and a record of Zimmerman's injuries, the preponderance of evidence supports my claim. Maybe you should be a bit less in a rush to automatically blame the gunman in this case.

Lame, too.:|

Yeah, your little attempt to smear everyone was...but we're used to it from you.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

i have been in a few situations when i was a teenager that involved knives/guns etc and i know for a fact if i had been carrying either it would have made those situations a whole lot worse...

Worse for who?

If you prefer to be defenseless in the face of a criminal attack, you have the right to be that way of your own free choice. Others have the freedom to choose differently. Ain't freedom great?

you all make a fair point, i was just curious, didnt mean to offend anyone/ i was just wondering as i have been in a few situations when i was a teenager that involved knives/guns etc and i know for a fact if i had been carrying either it would have made those situations a whole lot worse...

which may be why minors and adults under 21 are not allowed to purchase handguns or drink alcohol. Their judgement can be poor.

despite having a population 63x greater, we've never had a shooting like they saw in Norway.

And that makes which difference to those many mass shootings in your country, occuring on a regular basis?

Did you bother to add the killed people? :S

I mean, just to compare to Norway [:/]

dudeist skydiver # 3105

despite having a population 63x greater, we've never had a shooting like they saw in Norway.

And that makes which difference to those many mass shootings in your country, occuring on a regular basis?

Did you bother to add the killed people? :S

I mean, just to compare to Norway [:/]

again, pick a US State of the same geographic size and population and makeup and go ahead and make the comparison

i was just wondering as i have been in a few situations when i was a teenager that involved knives/guns etc and i know for a fact if i had been carrying either it would have made those situations a whole lot worse...

You being armed would have made them worse? Are you afraid you are a killer?

Fact is that as long as you are a honest person, there is little reason for another honest person to be afraid of you.

You want to go skydiving?
OK, I understand you need the reserve as a 2nd life saver.

In that case you put yourself into a situation where it might be needed.

Fact is that an innocent person CAN be attacked by a criminal without asking for it.

So, just leave all the other idiots alone (I mean those in other parts of the world outside the US), which just enjoy the night walk in spring w/o beeing armed. We just came back, fully unarmed, alive.

Yeah, it worked out great in Norway right?

I would like to.... buts its illegal here. I can carry a gun to protect govt officals (when working)but not myself or family

I can see both sides of the argument... if every one carries handguns the murder rate goes way up.. but if you cannot be armed you are at the mercy of the bad guys. Pretty hard to defend your home against attackers with only a baseball bat. (In australia you cannnot even carry pepper spray) So I would like the good people which are the vast majority to be able to defend themselves but do not want the bad guys to have guns.

Not posible of course

So I spend 8 hours working 1500 to 2300 hrs carrying a hand gun (that is personal issue but must be kept at work) to defend the building and employees.. but then have to travel on a train home at 11.30 pm at night just hoping nothing happens.. defenceless !!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

If something goes very bad around me, I'll look out for you. My Jeep has spare tire, four way, cash, fire extenguisher, first aid kit, four wheel drive and tow straps. I almost always have a flashlight, knife and gun handy. I'm the guy who always stops to change someone's tire on the road no matter where I'm going. I'm also the guy who will stop a bad situation. Sometimes just by being there. Bad guys know when there's someone around that will mess up their plans. I've watched it plenty of times.

That's one reason some of us pack.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

And yet, you're about 14 times more likely to be murdered with a fire-arm in the US. And of course, these types of massacres happen everywhere in the Western World, but typically they happen in the US of A.

I would like to.... buts its illegal here. I can carry a gun to protect govt officals (when working)but not myself or family

I can see both sides of the argument... if every one carries handguns the murder rate goes way up.. but if you cannot be armed you are at the mercy of the bad guys. Pretty hard to defend your home against attackers with only a baseball bat. (In australia you cannnot even carry pepper spray) So I would like the good people which are the vast majority to be able to defend themselves but do not want the bad guys to have guns.

Not posible of course

So I spend 8 hours working 1500 to 2300 hrs carrying a hand gun (that is personal issue but must be kept at work) to defend the building and employees.. but then have to travel on a train home at 11.30 pm at night just hoping nothing happens.. defenceless !!

Bolding mine.

Can you back that up at all?

That's what the anti-gun crowd has been preaching for almost 20 years. When Florida started the current trend of "Shall Issue" carry permits in the early 90's, there were dire predictions of shootouts over traffic accidents, the streets "running with blood" and a lot of other fear-mongering.

It didn't happen. Law abiding gun owners usually don't commit murders.

Last fall, when Wisconsin finally adopted a carry permit law, there was an interview with a sheriff down near Madison who expressed his concerns that the SUICIDE rate would rise significantly.
There has been enough history to show that the homicide rate wouldn't go up, so this bozo decided to fearmonger that the increased availablity of guns would give suicidal people more opportunity.

Really.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo