skyrider

Here ya go liberal punks,Justify this one

>>The First Amendment says that we won't pass any laws with respect to
>>them, though.

>Where's that in the amendment, again?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

So, you agree that Fed.gov taking over a Veteran's Memorial on Mt. Soledad *isn't* a violation of the separation issue, then - that's a start.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>So, you agree that Fed.gov taking over a Veteran's Memorial on Mt.
>Soledad *isn't* a violation of the separation issue, then - that's a start.

Provided they have a policy of acquiring and operating "veteran's memorials" that are mosques, statues of Allah, Stars of David and Buddhist shrines - then no, they are not violating that part of the law.

I suspect you would scream bloody murder if they did that, though. And since they do NOT have that policy, it is indeed a violation of the First Amendment to support Christian monuments.

Provided they have a policy of acquiring and operating "veteran's memorials" that are mosques, statues of Allah, Stars of David and Buddhist shrines - then no, they are not violating that part of the law.

Good thing that the Veteran's Memorial isn't any sort of church, then isn't it? You know, tht whole church and state thing.

I suspect you would scream bloody murder if they did that, though. And since they do NOT have that policy, it is indeed a violation of the First Amendment to support Christian monuments.

Good thing it's a Veteran's Memorial and not a Christian monument, then. And no, I wouldn't scream about it - then again, I've seen the Star of David, Muslim Crescent and other symbols in national cemeteries - I guess Fed.gov is a bit more tolerant.

That's twice now you've tried to pin some sort of fundamentalism on me, Mr. Moderator - care to try for the third strike?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Are you for or against them replacing ALL the headstones at all miltary grave sites or not?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Good thing that the Veteran's Memorial isn't any sort of church, then isn't it?

Well, neither is a mosque, or a statue of Allah, or a Star of David, or a Buddhist shrine. (If you're going to play word games at least you should be consistent within your own games, eh?)

>Good thing it's a Veteran's Memorial and not a Christian monument, then.

The Easter Cross is a veteran's memorial? Cool. I assume you will also support the memorial to the Muslim WTC victims currently being considered for construction in downtown Manhattan, then.

>then again, I've seen the Star of David, Muslim Crescent and other
>symbols in national cemeteries - I guess Fed.gov is a bit more tolerant.

Yep. See, there they do not pass laws respecting any one religion; they support them all.

Are you for or against them replacing ALL the headstones at all miltary grave sites or not?

I'll take one for the team and answer this wonderfully worded question.

Yes.

Ok - Then write the check.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Here ya go "honor bikers" - defend this one. No wonder motorcyclists are treated with mistrust and suspicion; they better clean up their own house before they can expect anyone to treat them as law-abiding citizens.

==============
Jury gets biker case
By Frank Green
Published: December 16, 2010

Jury deliberations are under way in federal court in Richmond in the trial of five men on racketeering-related charges stemming from the Outlaws motorcycle club's move into Virginia — a state said to be under the control of their bitter rivals, the Hells Angels.

Of the 27 people indicted this year in the case — most of them members of the Outlaws — 17 have pleaded guilty. In a trial last month, a jury convicted one gang member, acquitted two and could not reach a verdict on the Outlaws' national president, Jack Rosga, 53, of Milwaukee.

. . . .

The government's evidence included the attempted murder of a Hells Angel in Maine; the beating of an innocent man in a Fredericksburg bar; and a carefully planned assault on members of a gang aligned with the Hells Angels at a bar in Petersburg.
=================

Nice job of staying on topic...Nice job of setting an example too!:S

I'm not sure whether your very weak attempts to score points are sad or funny. Probably both, actually.

You strike me very much as someone who needs to see the world as black and white (liberal and conservative). It's as if you don't have the cognitive processing power to see the world in anything other than those terms.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

I struggle with tbe whole "Cake or Death?" thing.

Uhhh, cake please. Well we're all out of cake!

We only had three bits, and we didn't expect such a rush!

We had to eat gravel, and were pleased to get it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm not sure whether your very weak attempts to score points are sad or funny. Probably both, actually.

You strike me very much as someone who needs to see the world as black and white (liberal and conservative). It's as if you don't have the cognitive processing power to see the world in anything other than those terms.

Then you fail the cognitive power see what is happening in the world around you! :S

Really sweet worded PA though, you did gain points for that, (whoda fuck ever is keeping score)