normiss

Here goes another chunk of freedom.

I don't now about US law in this area so I'm curious, how could it be a illegal search any more than if a Police car was driving past and saw something or a Police helicopter?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

If the police car drives by and the police happen to see something, no problem.

If the police car circles around your house while the police within look into your windows with high powered cameras and recording equipment, BIG PROBLEM. That an invasion of privacy.
Owned by Remi #?

If the police car circles around your house while the police within look into your windows with high powered cameras and recording equipment, BIG PROBLEM. That an invasion of privacy.

Not really. One of the attorneys (Andy908 most likely) would have the best info, but if it can be seen from the street (or air) then it isn't private. They use thermal imaging cameras to locate grow operations, They can "see" the heat from the grow lights and can use that info for a search warrant.

I'd like to know how they get around the FAA rules on unmanned aircraft. The rules on that are pretty strict.

Having one of those in the same airspace as "regular" aircraft has a lot of potential for disaster. Can you imagine the backlash if one of those has a midair?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Would the get out clause have anything to do with size and operational altitude?

Not really. Recreational radio control is limited to less than 400' altitude, and must remain in sight of the operator. Size doesn't matter. It woudn't take a very big R/C plane to take out a light aircraft (the windshields aren't armored).

Commercial operation of radio controlled aircraft is also currently prohibited (stuff like R/C aerial photography).

There are certain exceptions, mainly military, but this is a civilain operation in airspace open to the public.

I'd like to know what kind of exception these guys are operating under. It may have been a "one time" deal for the demonstration.

It also may have followed the rules (staying under 400' and within sight) and just have been a demonstration of the capabilities of the aircraft and it's systems.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

if it can be seen from the street (or air) then it isn't private.

Yep, that's pretty much it, under US law. This really is not a new type of case; it's actually a fairly old, court-tested issue. I remember in law school back in the early 80s studying a case where a police helicopter flying over private land caught sight of the owner's pot farm, which was on private property - but otherwise out in plain view (from the air). The owners were charged, and filed a pre-trial motion in court to suppress the evidence on "invasion of privacy" grounds. The motion was denied, because it was in plain view, and that was that.

So, generally speaking, if you want to stand behind your privacy rights in the US, keep your activity quiet and out-of-sight: under a roof, with the doors closed, the window-shades drawn and no loud noises.

I don't now about US law in this area so I'm curious, how could it be a illegal search any more than if a Police car was driving past and saw something or a Police helicopter?

See , this is a free country, where anyone can speak , so yer having trouble with the fact we also don't care to be spied on, Hell, The UK has camera's on every street...seems the US is heading that way, If we don't stand up for our rights!..

Ya give up a little, they take a lot!

I think cop shops are getting worse about that.
>:(
They do not work on the public safety and interest. It's for profit, politics, elections.

when was the last time you saw "protect and serve" on a police car? I haven't for a long time. SCOTUS ruled they don't have to protect you.
--
Rob

not if they are in the street.....

Its your own fault if you are doing something illegal and don't have your blinds drawn
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

when was the last time you saw "protect and serve" on a police car? I haven't for a long time.

Well according to southpark the saying should be "to patronize and annoy....":D

so true...unless you're a white boy living in detroit...hell, even the thugs won't mess with you...;)

SCOTUS ruled they don't have to protect you.

This is very interesting to me...any references?

this is twice in one day I felt left in the dark...seriously though...:$
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I was under the impression that thermal cameras cannot be used as evidence for indoor pot farms, but they use them anyways to locate them, and then stakeout until they do find reasonable cause.

Why not...they use them for poachers...

my "buddy's buddy got popped by the DNR years ago...they had pics of him drawing out at 3am...stupid bastard admited it was him....hahaha

I mean it was his own property and all...but seriously...:S

hahaha

...fuck poachers anyway...

excuse my language lately ....but whatever...they are just words...if any christian wants to thro some scripture out there to convict me....please do so....

but....a group of us wild honkey christians have got an offer to process all the confiscated poacher deer meat and give it to the needy...

it first started out as hunters donating their own kill, but the dnr got word an now we get it all....

If anyone want to donate...pm me.

I'm not gonna get all personal....cause I'm such a bad christian....could you imagine if anybody could link me with anything....let alone a christian organization...how embarassing...:D

but the fact is...they'd forgive me....

i love these fellow brothers....they are humble...

they boast about me...saying I have so much knowledge....but I just shake my head in disgust...

I may have the most knowledge of the bible...but that doesn't make me a believer....

I may have the most knowledge....but they in their ingorant belief have been more fruitful....they have put me to shame....

I'm just rambling on...(don't mind me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAc9jbv0qdY

Fuckit...edit...after hours at the DZ...A lil Led Zep for ya...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_kuk0B-W4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_-k8A9aAlE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u--97IytCSE&feature=related

but here is my favorite....Tangerine:

ok...fuckit...call me a gay christian...I don't care...:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-AbHItLrJw

...and no...I don't smoke dope!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I was under the impression that thermal cameras cannot be used as evidence for indoor pot farms, but they use them anyways to locate them, and then stakeout until they do find reasonable cause.

who cares it is still illegal, that alone should be reasonable cause
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

See , this is a free country, where anyone can speak , so yer having trouble with the fact we also don't care to be spied on, Hell, The UK has camera's on every street...seems the US is heading that way, If we don't stand up for our rights!..

Ya give up a little, they take a lot!

And they don't stop
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca