normiss

Here goes another chunk of freedom.

That is a Disturbing statement from someone wearing a badge!(especially the "obviously criminals")

As a Police officer serving a warrant, your frame of mind should be , "I am servinga warrant on a citizen, that may or may not be guilty, so I need to aproach with care, but treat them as innocent!"

It is not a police officers job to decide guilt, only make the arrest...that statement sounds as though your mind is made up , just because a judge signed a warrant![:/]

I think you are correct in your thinking. However, after many years working in support to the criminal justice system I have concluded, it enhances my personal safety to view the individual as a perpetrator rather than innocent until proven guilty.

I react the same way when I see a mid-eastern male or a female with a rag over her head. Maybe they are not sympathetic terrorists but, I will treat them that way until I learn differently.

Wariness just comes naturally as part of the job.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The court's ruling is a sad decision, but one that every victim and/or potential victim of violence must note: calling the police is not enough. You must also be ready to defend yourself.

Why carry a gun? Because, a cop is too heavy.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I was thinking feet and meters at the same time I was drinking coffee.

If you're like most people, it should go:
1. drink coffee
2. think
:P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I react the same way when I see a mid-eastern male or a female with a rag over her head. Maybe they are not sympathetic terrorists but, I will treat them that way until I learn differently.

You openly proselytize, and then spout off racist crap like that.

Wow, you're a real good christian aren't you?

Yes, yes I am. And, well armed as well. See Ephesians 6:10-18. Safety is the issue.

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything." ~ Unknown

Yes, yes I am. And, well armed as well. See Ephesians 6:10-18. Safety is the issue.

That little ole sayin did not work out so well for yall in the last administration...

How many times did yall get fooled after voting for them ???????

[Wow, you're a real good christian aren't you?

Yes, yes I am. And, well armed as well. See Ephesians 6:10-18. Safety is the issue."reply]

Well Ron, I don't have to see Ephepians 6:10-18.
Jesus wasn't armed and didn't profile.
If he had the capability as God to fight off the Romans at the crucifiction he obviously didn't use it so why would you?
According to the Bible he turned the other cheek and loved all.

I pity those who wear their"Christianity" on their sleeve(or on a patch on their sleeve), Ron, because I realize they don't understand the teaching of the Master, Jesus the Christ.

Blues,
DJ

If he had the capability as God to fight off the Romans at the crucifiction he obviously didn't use it so why would you?

I pity those who wear their"Christianity" on their sleeve(or on a patch on their sleeve), Ron, because I realize they don't understand the teaching of the Master, Jesus the Christ.

Blues,
DJ

Jesus understood from the beginning that He was to be sacrificed. His issues were much different than mine. My job is to survive. If I am to be martyred so be it. Understand, I will not go easy.

Also, check your Scriptures and you will find instances were Jesus profiled others and left the scene when He saw unfavorability or hostility.

"Life is tough. It is a lot tougher if you are stupid." ~ John Wayne

That little ole sayin did not work out so well for yall in the last administration...

How many times did yall get fooled after voting for them ???????

Truthfully, I was never fooled. It is what it is. We have to make it work.

I am reading Decision Points so I can understand more of what President George W. Bush was dealing with during his eight years. I was never sorry that I supported him, then or now.

Blues,
DJ

Jesus understood from the beginning that He was to be sacrificed. His issues were much different than mine. My job is to survive. If I am to be martyred so be it. Understand, I will not go easy.

Again , "turn the other cheek" comes to mind.

Is your"job" to survive or to love every person as much as yourself?
WWJD?
You willl likely never be martyred ,Ron, not because people don't like you,but rather because at least right now you don't even understand let alone believe in the true the teachings of the Master ,Jesus the Christ.
I pity you that.
Peace and understanding be unto you,
DJ

Also, check your Scriptures and you will find instances were Jesus profiled others and left the scene when He saw unfavorability or hostility.

Life is tough. It is a lot tougher if you are stupid." ~ John Wayne

Interesting. Your faith is based on an *inconnu* and on *John Wayne*. LMAO.

That might explain your narrow-minded, racist comment:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

DJ

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I'll heading to the firing range later this week to gain additional understanding for my personal peace keeping. I'll be taking some instruction from a former U.S.Marine and Christian brother. His personal motto is, "America, I'll fight ya' for it."

Geeze, I remember when parachutists were hardcore.

[replyTruthfully, I was never fooled. It is what it is. We have to make it work.

I am reading Decision Points so I can understand more of what President George W. Bush was dealing with during his eight years. I was never sorry that I supported him, then or now.

Keep reading ,Ron, and tell us when you come to the belief that torture was /is justified.

Peace and understanding unto you,
So mote it be.

DJ

DJ

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I'll heading to the firing range later this week to gain additional understanding for my personal peace keeping. I'll be taking some instruction from a former U.S.Marine and Christian brother. His personal motto is, "America, I'll fight ya' for it."

Geeze, I remember when parachutists were hardcore.

And I remember when Christians followed the teachings of the Master,Jesus the Christ.

I hope you gain peace and understanding,
I also hope you will desist in selling those sleeve patches
of false Christianity,
DJ

[replyTruthfully, I was never fooled. It is what it is. We have to make it work.

Keep reading ,Ron, and tell us when you come to the belief that torture was /is justified.

So mote it be.

DJ

I am still waiting to find a good example of when it was used. I know he already stated that waterboarding was legal. What else needs to be said?

He also stated that he was not in agreement with the Abu Ghraib incident. I do not consider making prisoners wear women's panties on their heads, form naked pyramids or, be threatened by barking dogs torture. But, hey, that's just me.

That might explain your narrow-minded, racist comment:

Yet another example of linear thinking on the SC.

I also hope you will desist in selling those sleeve patches
of false Christianity,
DJ

First, I don't sell them. The CSA emblem is given to those who wish to be in the fellowship of Christian Skydivers.

Second, membership in the CSA carries no requirements for any specific behavior. I ask that members pray, study the Word and, seek guidance from the Holy Spirit.

To what church or faith do you belong?

[reply Keep reading ,Ron, and tell us when you come to the belief that torture was /is justified.

So mote it be.

DJ

I am still waiting to find a good example of when it was used. I know he already stated that waterboarding was legal. What else needs to be said?

Is waterboarding something that the Master,Jesus the Christ would approve of Ron?

He also stated that he was not in agreement with the Abu Ghraib incident. I do not consider making prisoners wear women's panties on their heads, form naked pyramids or, be threatened by barking dogs torture. But, hey, that's just me.

But what would the Master, Jesus the Christ do if he were in view of someone making prisoners wear panties on their heads,form naked pyramids,or be threatened by barking dogs,Ron?
According to the Bible he was pretty upset just of people making interest loans in the Temple!!!

I hope you find understanding and enlightenment ,Ron,
Before you lead too many more astray who might emmulate your wrong ideas of Christianity.

Peace and understanding,
DJ

Since you are uneducated about the man and his philosophy.

"Marion Mitchell Morrison (born Marion Robert Morrison; May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979), better known by his stage name John Wayne, was an American film actor, director and producer. He epitomized rugged masculinity and became an enduring American icon. He is famous for his distinctive voice, walk and height. He was also known for his conservative political views and his support, beginning in the 1950s, for anti-communist positions."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne

Folks in my age bracket considered him an American hero.

Again I ask, to what church or faith do you belong?

I am of the Faith that torture is always wrong.
I am of the Faith that believes that Love is always right.
I am of the Faith that believes that Man is not to judge.
I am of the Faith of your Father.

Of what Faith be you,Ron Schott?

Peace and Understanding be unto you,
DJ

Again I ask, to what church or faith do you belong?

I am of the Faith that torture is always wrong.
I am of the Faith that believes that Love is always right.
I am of the Faith that believes that Man is not to judge.
I am of the Faith of your Father.

Of what Faith be you,Ron Schott?

Peace and Understanding be unto you,
DJ

Yeah, right. That is just what I thought.

Me, I am a plain ol' vanilla Christian.

>So, generally speaking, if you want to stand behind your privacy rights
>in the US, keep your activity quiet and out-of-sight: under a roof, with the
>doors closed, the window-shades drawn and no loud noises.

Well, there's the rub. You can do all that and they can use an infrared camera to see what you are doing inside. If that doesn't work, they could use millimeter-wave radar, or very high gain directional microphones, or SERF atomic magnetometers. If all those things are legal (i.e. the police are just using technology that displays things that are "in plain view" to the instrument) then you effectively have no privacy rights.

>So, generally speaking, if you want to stand behind your privacy rights
>in the US, keep your activity quiet and out-of-sight: under a roof, with the
>doors closed, the window-shades drawn and no loud noises.

Well, there's the rub. You can do all that and they can use an infrared camera to see what you are doing inside. If that doesn't work, they could use millimeter-wave radar, or very high gain directional microphones, or SERF atomic magnetometers. If all those things are legal (i.e. the police are just using technology that displays things that are "in plain view" to the instrument) then you effectively have no privacy rights.

Not always. As briefly touched upon up-thread, in Kyllo v. United States, 533 U.S. 27 (2001) the SCOTUS held that the use of a thermal imaging device from a public vantage point to monitor the radiation of heat from a person's home was a "search" within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment, and thus required a warrant. Because the police in this case did not have a warrant, the Court reversed Kyllo's conviction for growing marijuana inside the home.