skyrider

Student Told To Remove American Flag From Bike

WTF???? How are people letting this happen in our country?

DENAIR, Calif., Nov. 11 (UPI) -- Officials in a California school district said a middle school student was told to take a U.S. flag off his bike to avoid "racial tension."

Denair Unified School District Superintendent Edward Parraz said Cody Alicea, 13, was told not to fly the U.S. flag from his bike while at Denair Middle School after complaints from other students, KCRA-TV, Sacramento, Calif., reported.

"(The) First Amendment is important," Parraz said. "We want the kids to respect it, understand it, and with that comes a responsibility."

Parraz said racial tensions boiled over at the school this year around the Cinco de Mayo holiday.

"Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."

Alicea's parents said he flies the flag from his bike as a tribute to veterans in his family.

"He's got that flag on his bike because he's proud of where he comes from," Alicea's father, Robert Kisner, said.

Alicea folds up the flag and keeps it in his backpack while attend class, the TV station said.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/11/11/Student-told-to-take-US-flag-off-bike/UPI-77081289511876/

"(The) First Amendment is important," Parraz said. "We want the kids to respect it, understand it, and with that comes a responsibility."

this is an odd statement for someone that's pretty much deleting the right in a school paid for with government funding

absolutely nuts

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

and this happened ON Veterans Day???????

gimmee a break....

Racial tension????

What we NEED.. for "racial tension" ...
is a Few Thousand HUGE Bungee Cords !!

and if someone doesn't like how things are done HERE.. we can slingshot their ass... back to where ever the hell, they came from!!! and do it in a damn Hurry!!!

what a world...:S

jt

Well it wouldn't be an issue if you just gave back CA.

Hey we won the war... we should have kept the whole damn country... WTF good is a Manifset Destiny policy if you don't follow thru on it.

It would have solved SOOOOO many problems.

We should have taken Canada too.... probably woiuld have if we did not rely on that Benedict Arnold guy:ph34r:

I would think that is a joke, if it wasn't for your posting history![:/]

Why don;t we just give back the whole country to the indians we took it from?

I'm just going to presume it was a joke and laugh.

The Principal might have had a leg to stand on if it were May, rather than Veterans Day. The ACLU should be over there pretty quickly.

At the rate these incidents are growing in CA, wouldn't surprise me to see an initiative that really cranks up the tension - "English only, American Flags only!"

I'm just going to presume it was a joke and laugh.

The Principal might have had a leg to stand on if it were May, rather than Veterans Day. The ACLU should be over there pretty quickly.

At the rate these incidents are growing in CA, wouldn't surprise me to see an initiative that really cranks up the tension - "English only, American Flags only!"

Me likey...

"Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."

So, when the Hispanic kids wave Mexican flags around, will the principle tell them to put their flags away, and ask them to appreciate American culture?

Probably not, because then he would be accused of being a bigot...

Racial Tension?!

You've got to be fucking kidding me. What fucking country are these kids living in? Guess what their citizenship is?!

School administration is way out of line in this case. Where is their fucking back bone?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You da man skyrider!

Ya, I've been drinkin a little more than I should, but that doesn't make you wrong.;)

Seriously though, this is crap.

between this and your insurance problems...no wonder why you are so pissed off all the time.

I understand man...I do...I feel the same way somtimes.

Perhaps it time to listen to the inlaws...:)
Peace.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Hey we won the war... we should have kept the whole damn country... WTF good is a Manifset Destiny policy if you don't follow thru on it.

It would have solved SOOOOO many problems.

We should have taken Canada too.... probably woiuld have if we did not rely on that Benedict Arnold guy:ph34r:

Be carefull...I've had similar humorous sentiments, and I've been called an imperialist!

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

They don't want it back, now. We've screwed it up too bad.[:/]

Chuck

They don't want it back, now. We've screwed it up too bad.[:/]

Chuck

Yeah, instead of being the 7th largest economy in the world just five years ago, California has fallen out of the Top 10 (20?). :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

A Fox40.com interview with the school superintendent yesterday indicated that the Denair principal had been overruled and the boy could fly the U.S. Flag on his bike.

He also stated the principal was concerned for the boy's safety due to hold over issues from Cinco de Mayo.

Don't offend the Mexicans. Don't offend the Muslims. I am getting sick and tired of this wussification of America crap.

AMERICA - I'll fight ya' for it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

A Fox40.com interview with the school superintendent yesterday indicated that the Denair principal had been overruled and the boy could fly the U.S. Flag on his bike.
He also stated the principal was concerned for the boy's safety due to hold over issues from Cinco de Mayo.

Don't offend the Mexicans. Don't offend the Muslims. I am getting sick and tired of this wussification of America crap.

AMERICA - I'll fight ya' for it.

Great News...

I'm just going to presume it was a joke and laugh

Well I'm glad someone still has a sense of humour.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

:D:D:D:D:D

Now look what you've done J..... They should take that damned big stirring stick from you and whoop your piss taking arse.

LOL:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca