CornishChris

Evil evil BP

BP (not "British Petroleum, it hasn't been known as that in years), I just thought that as a British person I should be the one to out them. In addition to contaminating the Gulf of Mexico with 'their' oil and freeing Libyan terrorists who bomb planes over Lockerbie I thought I should let you know that I saw BP kicking a cat and swearing at an old person. They also perpetrated 9/11, Watergate and I think they may even have found a wallet on the street, kept the money and not told the cops but that I can't confirm.

That is all. Well until they get blamed for something else.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

and freeing Libyan terrorists who bomb planes over Lockerbie I thought I should let you know that I saw BP kicking a cat and swearing at an old person

It is rather interesting that the Obama administration in Washington is grilling David Cameron over the release of Libyan Lockerbie bomber Abdel al-Megrahi. Last time I checked Cameron was not the British PM when Abdel al-Megrahi was released. I guess Obama is just desperate to win political points with his "Hey look I am a tough Prez" stance. :S

But it is true about the cats. It is common knowledge that BP kicks cats every where they go. But BP isn't remotely close to the carnage on cats that that dude called "Hey-Zeus" does to all the kittens in the world whenever someone does you know what. ROFLMAO ...

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Lets see BP had more then 200 times the violations of the next worst Oil Company, and their negligence has caused a part of our environment to be destroyed.

U can let it become a British thing for you however you want to look at it (not the way I look at it) but the one thing I am sure of is BP needs to pay for and be held responcible for thier negligence.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I'm trying to be lighthearted.

Obama was making it a British thing by calling it British Petroleum. I hope he doesn't start on the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

The BP oil leak is a classic example of companies, and countries, overlooking the very low probability extremely high risk potential problems.

Got to go, I just saw BP mugging an old lady...

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

It is rather interesting that the Obama administration in Washington is grilling David Cameron over the release of Libyan Lockerbie bomber Abdel al-Megrahi. Last time I checked Cameron was not the British PM when Abdel al-Megrahi was released. I guess Obama is just desperate to win political points with his "Hey look I am a tough Prez" stance.

He is addressing a representative of the British government regarding a decision the British government was involved in.

Who would you suggest he talks to?

Obama was making it a British thing by calling it British Petroleum.

But thats what BP stands for.

The BP oil leak is a classic example of companies, and countries, overlooking the very low probability extremely high risk potential problems.

Yep true. I don't think any one thinks it was an attack ordered by the Queen. However it doesn’t change the devastation that has been caused.

However I don't know of anyone who looks at this tragedy and thinks FUCK THE BIRTISH. Everyone I know including myself think it was a preventable accident that now needs to be fixed.

The biggest issue is that BP was the worst violator of safety standards by a long shot compared to anyone else. That is part of where the anger comes for.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>It is rather interesting that the Obama . . .

Of course. How foolish to blame anything on anyone other than Obama.

Good grief ... nice selective use of "copying and pasting" there Mr Moderator. So much for moderators being moderate. When you say anything against one of their idols all of a sudden they veer off into left field. No Bill I don't blame Obama for a warning light that came on in my car yesterday while at the track. It was a mechanical thing and surely not Obama's fault. :P

I would however like to know why BP was seen in the pit lane kicking all the cats. For that maybe we should summon David Cameron to a meeting to explain why BP hates cats.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>So much for moderators being moderate. When you say anything
>against one of their idols all of a sudden they veer off into left field.

1) "Moderator" in this case means "one who moderates a discussion" not "a political moderate." I have no desire that people see me as a moderate (or a democrat, or a republican.) I just don't care.

2) I was actually mocking the "blame Obama for everything" attitude. It's as stupid as the "blame Bush for everything" attitude, but unfortunately prevalent here.

>No Bill I don't blame Obama for a warning light that came on in my car
>yesterday while at the track. It was a mechanical thing and surely not
>Obama's fault.

Heresy! Careful lest you gain the moniker "moderate."

No Bill I don't blame Obama for a warning light that came on in my car yesterday while at the track. It was a mechanical thing and surely not Obama's fault. :P

No, somehow it will be Ignatieff's fault....or someone from Toronto !! :)
I kid, I kid!!!

Got to go, I just saw BP mugging an old lady...

Shure it was BP and not Obama

Hey, give the man a break - he's gotta get that "Obama money" from SOMEwhere, doesn't he?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Another Brit, Andy Copland, raised a similar point the other day...know what I told him?

Try being American...we are used to being blamed for ALL the worlds problems ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

>It is rather interesting that the Obama . . .

Of course. How foolish to blame anything on anyone other than Obama.

Wow, I am simply amazed at how aloof you can actually play being.

Have you tought about a career in acting yet?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Another Brit, Andy Copland, raised a similar point the other day...know what I told him?

Try being American...we are used to being blamed for ALL the worlds problems ;)

Mostly with good reason:P so SIUCC

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

BP admits faking their website

BP admits using Photoshop to exaggerate oil spill command centre activity

"Exaggerate the command center activity", or as the rest
of us say, "lie about doing something".

It's like a Monty Python skit.
"We're doing something."
"No you're not."
"Yes we are. See the pictures."
"You made those up."

Photo on BP's website showed workers monitoring underwater images on video screens that were blank in unaltered image

Workers were monitoring stuff ? So they could take
some sort of action ?
Never mind...

BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill command center in Houston BP acknowledges it posted on its website this altered photo that exaggerates the activity at its Gulf oil spill command center in Houston, on July 16 2010.

The picture posted over the weekend showed workers monitoring a bank of 10 giant video screens displaying underwater images.

"Trust me, I'm from BP and we are doing everything we can..."
:S