skyrider

Seriously, WHY are all the Mods here Ultra Libs?

I've given my reasons why I consider myself a liberal. If you consider me ultra-left you may be looking at things from a different place than the center.

There's no rule here about what "political leanings" moderators here have to have, nor is there any rule that says they can't participate in any debates here.

BTW if you really think Tom Aiello is an "ultra left" sort you've never met him.

I've given my reasons why I consider myself a liberal. If you consider me ultra-left you may be looking at things from a different place than the center.

There's no rule here about what "political leanings" moderators here have to have, nor is there any rule that says they can't participate in any debates here.

BTW if you really think Tom Aiello is an "ultra left" sort you've never met him.

Great answer!B|

Because they're the only ones willing to work for no pay :):P

That said, Tom Aiello (who isn't as regular as he used to be) was specifically picked as a moderator for this forum because he isn't a US-style liberal.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I respect your answer, yet still wonder why ALL?

>I respect your answer, yet still woner why ALL?

The most direct answer to that is "they're not." Like I said, Tom Aiello is not even close to "ultra left." I believe he's stated he's a libertarian on more than one occasion.

Generally speaking, if a person speaks in absolutes, they're going to be wrong.

Nobody needs to "silence" a thread like this because it proves itself wrong almost immediately.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I respect your answer, yet still woner why ALL?

The most direct answer to that is "they're not." Like I said, Tom Aiello is not even close to "ultra left." I believe he's stated he's a libertarian on more than one occasion.

What is the first half of Lebertarian?[:/]

Quade...

Did I say Silence?

NO , I simply am pointing out every green here, is a liberal!

I believe that from where you stand, nearly every person might be a liberal.

You could always become the kind of poster who is asked to become a moderator. Of course, you might turn down the opportunity, too. People have turned it down, or quit being moderators.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Did I say Silence?

Yes, actually you did. Here, lemme quote that for you so you don't have to scroll back and look at your first post in this thread.

Will this thread stand?

Or be silenced?

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If you think Tom is a liberal, that might be an indication you are very far out on the right side of the curve.

What's happened to Tom anyway? His input always made me think, even if I didn't always (or even often) agree. I miss his perspective. I guess he's got a real life.

Don

TomAiello hasn't posted in Speaker's Corner since Oct. 2009 - 8 months ago.

The fact is, billvon and quade are the only two active moderators here, and they're both liberals.

But when you views affect your job here something is wrong

And your views have, more than once
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The fact is, billvon and quade are the only two active moderators here, and they're both liberals.

Ahem.... you mean "Progressives" don't you? :D

I would say yes

Better or worse than Liberal?
Abraham Lincoln

Ahem.... you mean "Progressives" don't you? :D

I would say yes

Better or worse than Liberal?

Progressively worse.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>And your views have, more than once

You can think whatever you like. Given that I am called unfair, an asshole, biased, "only supporting the people who pay," clearly favoring this or that clique etc in PM's about equally by both sides of the political spectrum, sounds like there are apparently a lot of people who would disagree with you.

You can think whatever you like. Given that I am called unfair, an asshole, biased, "only supporting the people who pay," clearly favoring this or that clique etc in PM's about equally by both sides of the political spectrum, sounds like there are apparently a lot of people who would disagree with you.

Bill . . . it's the iinternet - you really shouldn't take it so seriously.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Not what I said
But this illustrates an example of how you let your emotions and imagination interfere with doing a better job that you do.....and over all you dont do too bad, as I have stated before
Abraham Lincoln

>Bill . . . it's the iinternet - you really shouldn't take it so seriously.

If I took it seriously I wouldn't be volunteering. I might take some of those mean-n-nasty comments to heart and have some sort of existential crisis. Probably need aromatherapy or something.

Because they're the only ones willing to work for no pay :):P

:D +1

I like all the mods--a lot--and I fall toward the right of the middle (registered Independent, considered Libertarian).

I admit, Tom is my favorite. :$ But, quade has decent taste in film and billvon annoys me only a little bit, sometimes. :P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.