RonD1120

Christophobia

Let me get this straight, Ron.

Let's say someone comes along and convincingly presents him or herself as the second coming of Jesus. They sell the idea and establish a large band of followers. Would you go along with them when they work to overthrow the current secular government of the USA, to establish a "christian" theocratic government?

That certainly isn't what one would expect from people who love this country and consider themselves patriots. Quite the opposite. Next thing you know proposing secession from the Union will be considered patriotic. Oh yeah, in Texas, it already is.

You lack Scriptural understanding. No one can sell themselves as "The Second Advent." It will be factually determined following the seven year tribulation period and will occur at Mt. Olivet in Israel.

This sure seems like a YES answer to my question.

You WILL go along with whomever makes a convincing case that they are the Second Coming.

Nice...

NO!

The only convincing evidence will be the observation of Christ descending from the clouds and touching down on Mt. Olivet. That is the prophecy from Scripture.

I doubt that you or I will witness the event but, you never know.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The only convincing evidence will be the observation of Christ descending from the clouds and touching down on Mt. Olivet. That is the prophecy from Scripture.

I think the animated show American Dad already did that in the episode "Rapture's Delight" so JC will have to think of something else otherwise there will be some serious copyright lawsuits.

Honestly, and I mean no offense by this, but the more I read the posts in this the more it seems like a troll looking for attention and an argument.

Like you, I have been reading about, listening to tapes and lectures and discussing the tribulation since I surrendered to Jesus in 1981. Bottom line, I don't have a clear understanding beyond the basic prophetic time line.

1. The anti-christ will establish world peace through world order.
2. The peace will last 3.5 years until he defiles the temple in Jerusalem.
3. Chaos, misery, death, disease and worse maladies will begin and last the final 3.5 years.
4. Jesus Christ will return in the flesh at Mt. Olivet and begin His millennial reign following the defeat of the anti-christ an his minions on the Plain of Megiddo.

+1 and much much more.

Like you, I have been reading about, listening to tapes and lectures and discussing the tribulation since I surrendered to Jesus in 1981. Bottom line, I don't have a clear understanding beyond the basic prophetic time line.

1. The anti-christ will establish world peace through world order.
2. The peace will last 3.5 years until he defiles the temple in Jerusalem.
3. Chaos, misery, death, disease and worse maladies will begin and last the final 3.5 years.
4. Jesus Christ will return in the flesh at Mt. Olivet and begin His millennial reign following the defeat of the anti-christ an his minions on the Plain of Megiddo.

+1 and much much more.

Has ANYBODY run this by Bill Cole for expert verification?:P
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

OH and how come the re-resurrection of your chirst will only be a "millennial reign" has he got somewhere else to be.

According to Scriptural interpretation by most scholars, during the Millennial Reign there will still be some souls who will not give up their allegiance to the Satanic evil force.

At this time God will conduct the final White Throne Judgment of Satan and all those who have ever followed him. They will be cast into the eternal abyss. The old earth will be destroyed and the new earth created.

I was never a Star Wars fan so these futuristic predictions don't interest me very much.

I know that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is alive and the controlling factor in my life. That doesn't mean that I don't screw up. When I do I can confess my sins and remain in active, joyful relationship with confidence in Him. Therefore, I am assured peace of mind that surpasses all understanding.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

the more I read the posts in this the more it seems like a troll looking for attention and an argument.

It is what I refer to as the collective adolescent mentality. The kids are screaming, "Look at me, look at me." I respond because I have the time and it amuses me. When I get bored I let the teenagers go play amongst themselves.

OH and how come the re-resurrection of your chirst will only be a "millennial reign" has he got somewhere else to be.

According to Scriptural interpretation by most scholars, during the Millennial Reign there will still be some souls who will not give up their allegiance to the Satanic evil force.

At this time God will conduct the final White Throne Judgment of Satan and all those who have ever followed him. They will be cast into the eternal abyss. The old earth will be destroyed and the new earth created..

Given that Satan is a Judeo–Christian construct, is your god going to also stand in judgment of those whose belief system is not based on a God/Satan dichotomy?
Or are those the ones who are spectating from the side lines:)

Oh and I have already booked my table at the Restaurant :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

At this time God will conduct the final White Throne Judgment of Satan and all those who have ever followed him. They will be cast into the eternal abyss. The old earth will be destroyed and the new earth created.

I was never a Star Wars fan so these futuristic predictions don't interest me very much.

I know that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is alive and the controlling factor in my life. That doesn't mean that I don't screw up. When I do I can confess my sins and remain in active, joyful relationship with confidence in Him. Therefore, I am assured peace of mind that surpasses all understanding.

Ahh yes more superstition and mythology, yet no evidence. Without evidence you can expect your religion to die out a slow death.

At this time God will conduct the final White Throne Judgment of Satan and all those who have ever followed him. They will be cast into the eternal abyss. The old earth will be destroyed and the new earth created..

Given that Satan is a Judeo–Christian construct, is your god going to also stand in judgment of those whose belief system is not based on a God/Satan dichotomy?
Or are those the ones who are spectating from the side lines:)

Oh and I have already booked my table at the Restaurant :)

I believe that God will judge the heart of the individual. Given His plan is that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, what kind of heart can be saved?

Ahh yes more superstition and mythology, yet no evidence. Without evidence you can expect your religion to die out a slow death.

You hope.

I don't think there is any truely Islamic country.

No True Scotsman, eh?

Who are you to say which interpretations are 'true' Islam?

Its all written in the Quran. Unlike the Bible it clearly states how daily life should be run (no insult to the Bible its just a different manuscript in this sense) no country is currently fulfilling what is in the Quran, its one reason why the likes of Al Q (et al) have a fertile recruiting ground as they want to establish what they believe to be a Umma. As for who am I to interpret what is written in the Quran, that is the duty of each and every Muslim.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

2000 Years and counting, thats pretty slow
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You hope.

No, he sees no reason to have any other opinion of reality.

It is you who hopes, just as I hope there will be beer volcanoes and stripper factories. Which is fine, but do not confuse hope with reality.
Remster

The Heart is just a muscle and so if (s)he looks into mine, only blood will be found ... no goodness nor badness ... just stuff.

My heart is a muscle and it pumps blood
Like a big old black steam train
My veins are the tracks
And the city is my brain
My stomach is the ocean and it swallows up the sun
At the end of a summer's day
My breath like a breeze
Blows all those storm clouds
Away

ahhh ... (x4)

My head is the city and it houses all the thoughts
And speech that I have
And the mayor of the city says the city sins ain't half ... bad.
My arms could be weapons or instruments of love
My legs are skyscrapers, they tower
Above you

Tex Perkins B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

2000 Years and counting, thats pretty slow

Just to put things in perspective, IIRC, Greek/Roman mythology had strong followers for about 5000 years, and Egyptian mythology for about 4000 (perhaps longer, as the pre-dynastic period did not keep records nearly as well as the Old Kingdom). So, in comparison, a 2000 year old religion is still relatively young.