rushmc

Another Nutter with a Gun

Saying the system works when it has such glaring problems is absurd.

Still don't have those numbers to back up your claim, eh?

So you don't think this indicates a problem.

Never made that claim, no - another one of your strawmen.

"History of mental illness" doesn't cut it unless it triggers GCA restrictions - it's a red herring.

Nice way to weasel out of answering.

Nice way to use unprovable assertions to make your point.

Do you think the very large number of gun murders committed by mentally ill people is a problem?

Let's see your numbers to prove THAT, too.

I think murders committed by *ANY* criminal is a problem.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"In a typical year 1 skydiver out of 1000 will die. We can only reduce that to zero by regulating skydiving out of existence. If that is not acceptable, then you have to define what level of risk is acceptable to you. And if someone else has a higher risk tolerance than you, why should your opinion prevail over theirs through regulation based on your or Brian's or Bill's risk tolerance?

I was undecided at first, but the more I think about it the more firmly I come down in the "education" rather than "regulation" camp, mostly because you folks haven't made a convincing case for why your numbers are the right numbers except to say that Brian knows his stuff, nor have you come up with any kind of implementation or enforcement plan."

Derek V

This old man was so nuts that he thought he needed a gun with him just to go on a simple bike ride. What a nutter!

"No charges for man who shot teens"
Story: http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=361731

If you say so. I wouldn't.

Don't be so hasty....have you checked the old guy's Youtube channel yet? Might be some weird videos on there, y'know.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This old man was so nuts that he thought he needed a gun with him just to go on a simple bike ride. What a nutter!

Don't be so hasty....have you checked the old guy's Youtube channel yet? Might be some weird videos on there, y'know.

maybe a vid of him wearing an Easter Bunny costume....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If he shot 6 family members on Easter Sunday while in the costume, I'd consider him a nutter.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If he shot 6 family members on Easter Sunday while in the costume, I'd consider him a nutter.

Of course you would - keeps you from having to look up if they were *ACTUALLY* barred or not.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Of course you would - keeps you from having to look up if they were *ACTUALLY* barred or not.

Another red herring from Mike. Being a nutter and being barred are not the same thing at all. THAT is one of the problems that you consistently deny.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

actually, I'd say it would make the case better if he was wearing the costume on any other day than Easter Sunday or Halloween

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Another red herring from Mike. Being a nutter and being barred are not the same thing at all.

I agree - being what *YOU* define as a nutter by your expert Youtube analysis after the fact and being barred are not the same thing at all.

THAT is one of the problems that you consistently deny.

No, that's one of your red herrings that I deny - there's a difference.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Actually, I remember thay you generally (when is comes to gun ownership) would consider everyone a nutter until they would prove otherwise

but that is another thread
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Aside fro m the usual Nazi Germany line, when has this happened?

1. You need a better example than Germany?

2. how about:

* May 1996, Australia banned most semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic and pump shotguns. Prior to this law, many Australian states and territories had firearms registration. Owners of these newly outlawed firearms were required to surrender them

* NYC. A registration system enacted in 1967 for long guns, was used in the early 1990s to confiscate lawfully owned semiautomatic rifles and shotguns

* New Zealand. They had some form of firearms registration since 1921. In 1974, all revolvers lawfully held for personal security were confiscated

* California revoked a grace period for the registration of certain rifles (SKS Sporters) and declared that any such weapons registered during that period were illegal

* Since 1921, all lawfully-owned handguns in Great Britain are registered with the government, so handgun owners have little choice but to surrender their guns in exchange for payment according to government schedule.

Need more?

I think one can still fight if need be

You rather face the bad guys with a stick or an AR?

but as they are all just internet tough guys it is a none factor.

Even fewer will stand up if they know they are going to get slaughtered

So nothing more can be done in your opinion. We just have to accept people like Cho and Loughner and the Christmas day killer as collateral damage because you don't want a little inconvenience in your life.

Well, for safety we should ban flying large RC models since the FAA and DHS thinks they might be used as terrorist weapons.

Maybe we should also ban large model rocket motors since they could be used to kill as well.

Maybe we should ban citizens from being allowed to fly private airplanes since they HAVE been used in attacks.

These are three areas you are against since you think they interfere with YOUR life. But you are fine stepping on others rights when you want.

But the fact is that guns are protected by the 2nd and toy planes, rockets and private planes are not.

>2. Do you also blame the pool when a 3 year old drowns?

Nope. But a smart homeowner would put a fence around it so it couldn't happen again.

Yes, and a smart gun owner would not leave a loaded gun lying around.

But you don't blame the pool and you should not blame the gun like Kallend is doing.

Nope. But a smart homeowner would put a fence around it so it couldn't happen again.

Do you suggest a fence around the bath tub as well? Unattended infants die in each in pretty decent numbers. Lesson is - don't leave the kid unattended around hazards. Or don't leave hazards around unattended kids. Tall closets work well for loaded guns and short little kids.

Maybe we should also ban large model rocket motors since they could be used to kill as well.

Yeah, kallend hates it when someone wnts to restrict his precious rocketmotors. But look at the rocket motor nutter that turned up in the news a few days ago:
Utah teens arrested in school bomb plot

Hoggan told police he had experience making a pipe bomb using "gun powder and rocket fuel"...

Story: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/utah_teens_arrested_over_plot_escape_2r9wrOqT6sQSVkUjziuMZI
Another nutter with a rocket motor!

And if kids climb over the fence and drown in the pool anyway, would you hold the homeowners responsible for that?

If someone breaks into a locked house and steals a gun which is used to harm others, would you hold the homeowners responsible for that?

Good point

The fence also has no impact on pool ownership or usage
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Do you suggest a fence around the bath tub as well?

Uh, not if it's always empty like ours is.

But this seems to be getting pretty far from the original question, which was - "do you blame the pool or the pool's owner" which parallels the question "do you blame the gun or the gun owner." And I agree that it is silly to blame the pool (or the gun.) The blame belongs to the owner who did not take sufficient precautions to prevent the accidental death.

>Do you suggest a fence around the bath tub as well?

Uh, not if it's always empty like ours is.

But this seems to be getting pretty far from the original question, which was - "do you blame the pool or the pool's owner" which parallels the question "do you blame the gun or the gun owner." And I agree that it is silly to blame the pool (or the gun.) The blame belongs to the owner who did not take sufficient precautions to prevent the accidental death.

personally I'm not happy with the fact that now a pool owner is pretty much obligated (either by law or wish to get insurance) to put up a fence around a pool on their own property. My kids would know how to swim. Trespassers who can't can drown.