rushmc

Another Nutter with a Gun

Aside fro m the usual Nazi Germany line, when has this happened?

1. You need a better example than Germany?

2. how about:

* May 1996, Australia banned most semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic and pump shotguns. Prior to this law, many Australian states and territories had firearms registration. Owners of these newly outlawed firearms were required to surrender them

* NYC. A registration system enacted in 1967 for long guns, was used in the early 1990s to confiscate lawfully owned semiautomatic rifles and shotguns

* New Zealand. They had some form of firearms registration since 1921. In 1974, all revolvers lawfully held for personal security were confiscated

* California revoked a grace period for the registration of certain rifles (SKS Sporters) and declared that any such weapons registered during that period were illegal

* Since 1921, all lawfully-owned handguns in Great Britain are registered with the government, so handgun owners have little choice but to surrender their guns in exchange for payment according to government schedule.

Need more?

I think one can still fight if need be

You rather face the bad guys with a stick or an AR?

but as they are all just internet tough guys it is a none factor.

Even fewer will stand up if they know they are going to get slaughtered

Thanks for the info, out side the US matters little when discussing the 2nd Amendment though. I for one exercise my 2nd Amendment rights daily.

I think the Gun owners in NY and CA failed them selves by not pressing the issue up to the Supreme Court, and by not voting out, those who think it is OK to ignore the Constitution and its Amendments.

I am seeing that Registration has been used for less than ideal purposes, I also see it is a double standard by those who ask for gun registration but not other forms.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

gun owners in Canada have also been notified in December that some rifles, previously legal have now been re-classified as 'prohibited' (re-classified by the police, not by legislators) and gun owners have to get rid of them themselves, or have them confiscated with no compensation.

word is that since the government is on track to officially repeal the long=gun registry and destroy the files, police are anxious to do what they can to confiscate weapons before this happens.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

out side the US matters little when discussing the 2nd Amendment though.

Not really.... You know that at one point England had the right to keep and bear arms right?

The fact that that registration has lead to confiscation should serve as a warning that it can happen again. The fact that it HAS happened in the US should be quite a wake up call.

All in all , I can't think of a SINGLE good reason to register a firearm... It is not like criminals are going to do it.

I think the Gun owners in NY and CA failed them selves by not pressing the issue up to the Supreme Court, and by not voting out, those who think it is OK to ignore the Constitution and its Amendments.

Oh people tried..... They just failed. It is a real shame that civil liberties can be voted and legislated away.

I also see it is a double standard by those who ask for gun registration but not other forms.

You lost me here.... Can you please expand?

>2. Do you also blame the pool when a 3 year old drowns?

Nope. But a smart homeowner would put a fence around it so it couldn't happen again.

Yes, and a smart gun owner would not leave a loaded gun lying around.

But you don't blame the pool....

No...now you have to blame the fence.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

gun owners in Canada have also been notified in December that some rifles, previously legal have now been re-classified as 'prohibited' (re-classified by the police, not by legislators) and gun owners have to get rid of them themselves, or have them confiscated with no compensation.

So...the cops run the country instead of elected officials?
Great....just great.
I thought 'Mericans were the only sheeple.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OMG! Another nutter with a gun! This crazy woman thought it was necessary to have a loaded gun handy while she worked on her customer's hair in a beauty salon. What kind of idiot thinks like that?

Story: http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Man-Shot-Robbing-Hair-Salon/lNehogI4k06lDey7D_nHVQ.cspx

Another nutter: a young pregnant girl who thinks it's a good idea to have a loaded gun around while she's carrying a new baby to term!

Story: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/intruder-tries-to-break-in-through-doggie-door-2-6-2012