funjumper101

Freedom OF religion means freedom FROM religion

Concerning the original post, Jesus appeared to care little about changing the corrupt Roman government of His time. He made it very clear that His Kingdom was not of this world. I for one, definitely want to keep the government out of my faith. The value of Christianity lies in its power to regenerate and restore the soul to God, not in running some political system.

Excellent, good words.

You can't congratulate someone on making a good point just because they used the word Jesus in a post, when you've made it quite clear that you have a completely different opinion.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Concerning the original post, Jesus appeared to care little about changing the corrupt Roman government of His time. He made it very clear that His Kingdom was not of this world. I for one, definitely want to keep the government out of my faith. The value of Christianity lies in its power to regenerate and restore the soul to God, not in running some political system.

Excellent, good words.

You can't congratulate someone on making a good point just because they used the word Jesus in a post, when you've made it quite clear that you have a completely different opinion.

Jesus is OK but a bit too wimpy for Ron. Ron's real hero is Paul.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What is "revelation knowledge" , was the revelation that Muhammed recieved Gods last message to mankind an example of this?

Just having the knowledge has never been enough. The revelation given through the knowledge is where the true power is. People can know things and still not have revelation.

The knowledge of Muhammeds final prophecy is not enough to bring about revelation in the heart. Take a seed. Plant it. Water it. Give it sunlight, do everything you can do, but, you do not make it grow. Life is in the seed and life makes things grow. God is life.

Revelation is a gift of truth... it can open eyes and completely change perception. The problem isnt God, it is mans interpretation and application of what God is. This is why Jesus is called the sharpest double edged sword. One edge is for protection against hypocrites (in religion), the other is for protection against doubt (usually a bitter doubt). Both can be found in a believer but it is the strength of the sword, not the believer, that is the glory of God.

Love conquers all. Thats what this is all about. There are limits sometimes to the amount of love we can let in and that has to do with the hardness of our hearts. It doesnt matter what wisdom allows mankind to dig up, it doesnt matter how much you know. The greatest pursuit in life is love, that is what matters.
"We didn't start the fire"

Okay, so your bitter. Since you have no problem being honest, have you read a Gospel? I only ask this because as long as Ive known about Christianity, I never once read a Gospel in church, nor at home with family or friends. You dont show much understanding of the Gospel to be honest. You sound much like Jesus when he spoke against the Pharisees. What I see is more time than not many of you on the side of Jesus, thinking your against him. This is because the Gospel is not even read at all. Some dont even know what the Gospel is, they think its just "the King James Bible."

The truth of the spread of Christianity is not how people used it and manipulated it to get the masses under control, it is in the heart of the message. The apostles did not use the same methods as the roman empire. In fact, Jesus didnt use those methods either. Irregardless of how the message got around, the revelation of God in Jesus is not a message to kill, oppress, lie, cheat ect... like you seem to believe. But rather a message of the greatest love in the universe.

Jesus said look out for the yeast of the Pharisee which is hypocrisy. He explained that a little leavens the whole loaf. Your examples of historical evidence of the spread of early Christianity are definitely not examples of the Gospel, but rather examples of what Christ warned us about.

And that all the lil Christian children will be exposed to the questioning thoughts of the non-Christian children?

Good. If the Word of God is as strong as it is said to be, then I welcome ALL the thoughts of the non-believers. It would be pretty difficult to teach the Gospel as fiction. The very spirit of it is more than enough to enlighten anyone who hears it. Clearly, many way underestimate this message. It is not the Chronicles of Narnia, it is a living Word, the Word of life, the God you wont believe in is filling those who hear with a love many refuse to believe even exists. Who or what can put a measure on love? Now if you'll excuse me I have some more doubters to torture and kill. Sorry, couldnt resist.:|

I'll be the one laughing when you've wasted your whole life trying to please an entity that is non-existent, and I lived for myself.

How exactly is it a bad thing, or a wasteful thing to desire to please? In fact the very act of pleasing another is quite pleasurable. Nevertheless, I wouldnt assume spiritual minds lack the zest for life you have been given. Rewards come in many different ways... many different ways.

It all comes down to the topic at hand, one should be able to exist without religion being shoved down your throat as a child.

Agreed. This seems to be a source of your bitterness, but certainly not the source. Then you will say that your not bitter, but, I still have to point out some things, kind of like what your doing. I hope you dont mind.

Sadly we all live in a world where pride, gullibility and stubbornness overtakes logic and reason. There is no harm in letting people decide a religion for themselves when they grow up a bit... It's different when you feed a child religion, you could preach the teachings of a magic tea cup and they`d believe it just as blindly. The reason for a strong Christian presence isnt a good argument or a more logical teaching, it's the amount of people teaching it to kids.

I still do not understand why many still see not one ounce of logic or reason in faith. You can argue that you dont need or use faith... thats all it is, an argument. There is no truth to that claim... none that I can see anyway. Perhaps you could use some of your logic and reasoning to "prove me wrong?" It doesnt matter either way, but I continue to hear this over the past few years in this forum, and I still dont believe it is true.

There are many ways to brainwash a child. Raising them in the love of God should be at least as accepted as allowing them unlimited access to the internet and the things that are influenced from straying too far in there. Kids are influencial. In Christianity and in the trappings of this world. How many people do you know are too afraid to leave the comfort of their own town or city? Everyone is fed the success BS, and most everyone follows it as if it is the only way to enjoy and experience a truly fulfilling life.

I don't see Rynodigsmusic (or you for that matter) getting "beat up" for making positive statements about the love of God.

The only thing Rynodigsmusic gets called on is when he claims words have definitions different than what most on here believe.

Im not worried about that. But it is true that most anyone, if not everyone, who stands for peace and love will find great resistance and yes, even persecution on that journey. That is curious to me. Why was Jesus crucified? Because he was not recognized.

I do understand why I am criticized for "changing" definitions, but its not becasue I am using the wrong definitions, but because many refuse to understand the way they are being used, but again, I do understand the criticism.

I would be happy to explain further all of the definitions in question... it may be seen that the definitions are not obstructed or abused at all, just used in different ways. Ways that may be easily accepted if a professor of a major university, or a briliiant scientist or writer were to use them, instead of a little Jesus believer.

In regards to the end times. "The end will come like a thief in the night", it wont matter if the signs are recognized or not. I think many have shown that denial is a bit stubborn. It reminds me of "Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail" When the knight at the bridge gets all his limbs cut off and he still denys he is beaten.

In regards to the end times. "The end will come like a thief in the night", it wont matter if the signs are recognized or not. I think many have shown that denial is a bit stubborn. It reminds me of "Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail" When the knight at the bridge gets all his limbs cut off and he still denys he is beaten.

Or the end of the movie.

In sight of what they think is the goal, they get stopped by the cops and arrested.

Nobody saw it coming.

I don't think any of the "signs" that many are seeing as indicators of end times are really that.

There's enough ways for the world to end (including by our own hand) that I'm not too worried about it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"I would just be happy with freedom from religon threads"

oh come on, you don't really mean that... ;)

Yes I really do mean it.

I would prefer that EVERYONE regardless of their belief or non-belief to keep it to themselves and respect the belief or non-belief of all others.[:/]

such a long thread. ryno, you really like to talk about the gospels. as a start, is the entire bible, IYO, the unalterable word of god? please don't cloud it up with a lot of flowery talk. is the entire bible the unalterable word of god?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

The apostles did not use the same methods as the roman empire. In fact, Jesus didnt use those methods either.

Which is exactly why the religion never 'took off' in terms of numbers until after the Roman 'Christian revolution'.

I am well aware of the teachings of Jesus, and there are some good ones. That doesn't warrant him being the son of God being labled as truth. There very well may have been a wise man called Jesus who taught compassion and love. And by all means follow his teachings, don't try get others to by stories of hell or super natural powers.

My point is that the basic ideas about Christianity are so ludacris that it would never be big like it is if it wasn't forced on people throughout time. Virgins being impregnated by spiritual entities? I mean seriously, come`on.

I don't want to live for anyone I don't care about, nevermind doesn't exist. Spiritual minds lack the freedom of a non-believer. I love the ability to blaspheme the name of Jesus now. I am quite fond of lying too and other unchristianly things. I believe one should be free to do as one pleases as long as it doesn't hurt another.

I still do not understand why many still see not one ounce of logic or reason in faith. You can argue that you dont need or use faith... thats all it is, an argument. There is no truth to that claim... none that I can see anyway. Perhaps you could use some of your logic and reasoning to "prove me wrong?" It doesnt matter either way, but I continue to hear this over the past few years in this forum, and I still dont believe it is true.

As I stated above, the things that make Christianity seem powerful are clearly bullshit. Christians often like to say that it's a metaphor. But then it makes the faith even less appealing to worship, what good is a god that can't do any magic tricks - Refer to second paragraph.

How is religion anything like the internet? Religion is telling them to change who they are in many cases to please God. People mold their whole lives around it- gays feel guilty throughout life and even kill themselves because they think God hates them. And don't pull that "he doesnt hate them, he hates the act", that's just a sneaky christian was of sounding kind again while really dictating.

The sad thing is I could prove how Christianity is crap, but I'd need 2000 years, an old civilization with archaic beliefs and about 10 friends who can spread a few lies.

The problem with religions are that they are all so sure THEY are right, and yet each of them hold an equally valid (not very at all) argument as to why theirs are right.

Maybe I should just join a religion to fit in. From now on I believe in the magical donut- and do not question my faith because I am right and if you don't see it, then you clearly aren't understanding my tasty donuts teachings.

so far, amidst all of your intolerant mumbo jumbo, you have disclosed that you are a bitter lying selfish apostate who only lives for himself and enjoys laughing at others less fortunate....and you boast about it.

Why should anybody listen to you...or even care about your old boring decrepit argument and your bland magical donuts?

Blah...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

such a long thread. ryno, you really like to talk about the gospels. as a start, is the entire bible, IYO, the unalterable word of god? please don't cloud it up with a lot of flowery talk. is the entire bible the unalterable word of god?

Let me just say first that this is not me vs everyone else. I dont at all disrespect any of you. But your right, I do like to talk about the Gospel. I am not the authority on Jesus. Im not a preacher nor an evangelist, im just a guy who was transformed by his message. This is not about me, but about the truth I accepted, and your right, I am a little longwinded.

IMO. I find it difficult to accept everything in the Bible as fully true, do to the fact it has been around a very long time, and given some of the methods used to further the spread, I see the types of people who would have been responsible for "altering" it. Clearly if someone is willing to kill you and your family for not believing in the Gospel, then they certainly havent understood a damn thing, and yet still claim they do. They, not the Gospel, are the reasons for the sour taste in many mouths.

While I accept there may have been things that were altered, the message to repent and accept salvation in Christ is what fired me up. If you read the Gospel but do not do what it says, then it will have no affect on you spiritually. It is a spiritual word, and, its not for everyone. There are great lessons, but the lessons arent enough, you need spiritual discernment to be led into the full truth in Christ.

Metaphors are very common use for spritual revelations. Poets use them, songwriters, spiritual leaders in ALL religions. Using metaphors is a simple way to relate something to something you are familiar with. Metaphors are beautiful things, especially when they are understood.

I only said that so that you would know I dont take the entire Bible as literal. Most evangelicals do. Its one reason why many have a hard time understanding them, but, I for one applaud their faith, if in fact their faith is producing the goodness and pureness of Christ. If not, then I am 100% on guard against them, as I am told to be.

Im not sure why you asked this. I suspect I am being baited for something, but I am still open to that. I am much more open than most of you assume. In fact, it may very well surprise you. Thats why I dont particularly like being called a close minded biggot, or being eluded as being one.

So, unalterable? Definitely not, not in my opinion anyway. I have tried to explain this before, and I think I failed... again. But, it is what I believe and you are free to rip it apart...

If someone writes you a letter, the words and the letters used dont have as much impact as what is being said. There are unlimited ways of expression, thanks to creativity, we get to explore some of them, but the words do not have to be taken literally to be understood.

If your asking a yes or no question, then no, I dont believe the bible has not been altered. I must speak the truth. However, the spirit behind the words in the Bible, especially in the Gospels, have all of my heart, and the message is incredibly pure in my mind. It brought me into a life I cannot deny, and has shown me things I dont deserve, that is if Gods favor is believed to only rest on the righteous, as many faiths contend.

As long as I continue to speak the truth from my heart, thats all I can do. My conscience is not innocent by any means, but it is clean, at least that is the work of Jesus anyway. Sorry about all the words, but I hope I answered your question regardless?

I would prefer that EVERYONE regardless of their belief or non-belief to keep it to themselves and respect the belief or non-belief of all others.

Well, thats just a bummer, and Im sorry you feel that way. Still, this is SC right? And, you did click on the little clicky. And, I havent started one religious thread... okay, one, but that was short lived as mainly it was an apology for a defined hypcrisy I found in myself in regards to homosexuality. Coincidentally, this forum helped me see myself more clearly in the eyes of others, and change has manifested here believe it or not. Hardly just speaking into the wind.

Many on here come from all over the world, different influences, revelations, and understandings ect.... This was something I never expected to be a part of. A forum?? Never heard of it till a couple years ago researching the aerodyne pilot.

Beliefs are very sacred to the believers. Non beliefs as well. I doubt it is easy to never talk about. But, I do understnd where your coming from. 24,000 posts? You have every right to be burned out!

gays feel guilty throughout life and even kill themselves because they think God hates them

You are right, but, there are still Christian homosexuals. People will make judgements against homosexuality based on what God has put in their hearts, but, none of those judgements are from Jesus but from the ones claiming him as savior. If homosexuality (not lust) was such a big separator, why was it not even mentioned in the Gospel? "The flesh counts for nothing."

I for one will not set out to separate a homosexual from God anymore than i would an adulteress or a murderer. The minute I do something like that in my heart, I am no longer under grace. This topic alone has inflamed many believers to speak against me and even call me false. So be it. I must speak the truth and persevere to present the Jesus that saved me. In this spiritual conflict, grace is all I have. Coincidentally, it is all I need.

I hate this. Nowhere in the Gospels does it say that a homosexual cannot have a relationship with God, but, it is clear that repentance is the only way. If the homosexual feels the need to repent of his/her homosexuality, that is not up to me. There are homosexuals who wish they were'nt, believe it or not. I want to be fair to them as well and give everyone a platform from which to grow closer to God.

If ones sexual orientation is keeping them from God, then that is wrong. If I am helping keep them from God, then that is wrong. But, human beings are extremely sexual. Extremely sexual. I have found that this is more a quest for satisfaction rather than rebellion or even enjoyment. I would just say be honest with God. Be 110% honest. Do you really think that God is waiting for someone to be perfect before he endows them with perfect love?

I believe one should be free to do as one pleases as long as it doesn't hurt another

This sounds great, believe me, but, I cant accept it as truth. You may never know if what you do or dont do will hurt another. Its no coincidence that this deceptive saying is the backbone of the satanic bible... one many atheist cling to believe it or not.

what good is a god that can't do any magic tricks

I can only testify for myself. He did one heck of a "magic trick" for me.

The sad thing is I could prove how Christianity is crap, but I'd need 2000 years, an old civilization with archaic beliefs and about 10 friends who can spread a few lies.

Funny enough, Jesus called the spirit of satan the "Father of Lies". So, you believe that a man who came, and died, to speak against the lie, was actually the lie? The Pharisees accused Jesus of this very thing, and he said "A house divided against itself cannot stand". They accused him of being satan as he was driving out demonic spirits.

I ask you, what did the apostles gain? Most of them were brutally murdered and lived very very humble lives. Granted, much of the bigger sects of Christianity are testimonies against this, or at least appear so, but, the truth is that content is what is sought, not riches.

The Apostles didnt just make up some lies, although it does make for a very convincing "argument". They saw, walked, spoke to, and loved Jesus Christ. They testified that they saw him crucified, rejected, spit on and beaten... and... hold your breath... they saw him ressurected. They didnt establish Christianity for money, they did it out of love and truth. They couldnt lie about what was seen, although, Im sure there are many many times they wish they could've. Refer to Peter and his denial of Jesus when the Romans came to get him, amongst other examples of the apostolic ministry.

I know it is hard to understand and accept, it was hard for Christ to do what he did as well, but it is designed to bring faith, a faith that will inspire the deepest love in the human mind. I dont want to argue with you, and im not trying to offend you or piss you off, so dont take it as an attack. I still dont know if this forum is a good place to talk about Jesus, because thats all it is really, just talk, but, it is being done anyway and Im kind of a roll with the flow guy.

I also want to respond to something else in your post, but im out of time.

I will respect your right to practice your religion just as long as you respect my right not to be indoctrinated into something I do not believe in. It pisses me off when atheists slam Christians and it equally pisses me off when Christians try to convert me. I tried it, it did not work for me. Please stop ... I have made up my mind. I am agnostic. I do not know if there is or isn't a god.

But if we are alone in the Universe ... it is an awful waste of space. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I will respect your right to practice your religion just as long as you respect my right not to be indoctrinated into something I do not believe in. It pisses me off when atheists slam Christians and it equally pisses me off when Christians try to convert me. I tried it, it did not work for me. Please stop ... I have made up my mind. I am agnostic. I do not know if there is or isn't a god.

Jesus tells his disciples to let their light shine before man. He doesnt say, go force this love on everyone, so, it seems we both have found our place... for now anyway.

Knowing what we do know about time and space is more than enough to excite any imagination. I mean at what point in existance does life begin and end at the same time? The answer to me is quite miraculous. This thread had a strong wordly, government-type tone to it. i wanted to be clear that is not at all what Jesus is about. Maadmax said it better. Come to think of it, he says it all better... and quicker too.

But if we are alone in the Universe ... it is an awful waste of space

Yeah, I dont believe life was ever alone. If it belongs to itself, how can it belong to nothing? Lonliness is a lie, one that will attempt to rob our minds of hope. Something that as human beings, we have access too.

@Coreece

So far, amidst all of your intolerant mumbo jumbo, you have disclosed that you are a bitter lying selfish apostate who only lives for himself and enjoys laughing at others less fortunate....and you boast about it.

I`m sorry, but you must lack that thing called understanding. If you actually read more of my posts you would realize that yes I only care about living for myself, and that I don't feel the need to tell the truth for every situation because it's 'right'. As I stated, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Now the rest you're just sucking out your thumb and is actually quite laughable that you don't understand what I was saying and yet try to confront it. I want to LIVE FOR MYSELF, as in not be a slave to someone elses rules or live for some god. If you read my other posts you'd know I hate people that look down upon the less fortunate and infact I try to help them whenever I can, but NOT because I am expected to. But because I want to help, and I get joy from seeing other people happy. So please stop misinterperating what I'm saying, nowhere was 'laughing at the less fortunate' even hinted at throughout my posts.

In fact I'm pretty sure I try to make more of a positive influence on the world as this selfish bitter person than most Christians.

You may never know if what you do or dont do will hurt another. Its no coincidence that this deceptive saying is the backbone of the satanic bible

But the same can be said about any action, ones apparent kindness may infact indirectly hurt someone. And I am aware of the 'Satanic Bible's teachings.. and in all honesty I agree with much of them (For the newbs out there, Satanism and Devil Worship are in no way the same and 'Satanism' as it were does not condone slaughtering of animals and such). Though I also think that trying to follow 'satanism' is stupid- I just happen to share some view points.

I can only testify for myself. He did one heck of a "magic trick" for me.

The power of the mind is a wonderful thing ;)

I'm not claiming Jesus as the devil or anything, the way I see it he was probably just some guy who was looking to add some peace to the world with teachings and things got out of hand.

Regarding the homosexuality you mention that not all Christians believe that, and God doesn't state that in the Gospels. So the only thing I can really think of is that you are a lot different from every other Christian and I`m sure a lot of them would debate your validity as a Christian, as you seem to deny the bible and focus on the gospels, where as vast majority of the Christians all follow the book which was made up by a counsil hundreds of years later and would fight with you that the bible is right and your Gospels should be discarded now that the bible has taken over. Though it's always nice to debate with a Christian who doesn't get all bitchy about shit I say every second and instead tries to address it using their faith and reason... A worthy opponent ;)

Regarding the homosexuality you mention that not all Christians believe that, and God doesn't state that in the Gospels. So the only thing I can really think of is that you are a lot different from every other Christian and I`m sure a lot of them would debate your validity as a Christian, as you seem to deny the bible and focus on the gospels

The Gospel is the fulfillment of ALL the law (this is for those who may not know). It is the promise of grace, and everything under Heaven is under grace. This is the cornerstone of the Gospel. "The Kingdom of Heaven is near"

I would implore every believer to examine themselves very carefully in regards to the topics which continue to arise and steer people away from God. It is a very serious thing for me at least. I dont take it lightly. I mean what did Jesus die for if not to bring people to God? Someone killing themselves becasue of someone elses tounge is only more "evidence" that life and death truly do come from the tounge.

And yes, I believe the mind is a very powerful thing. I have been confronted by people who say there is no "heart" in man, that the heart is merely a muscle. I wonder if they say the same thing about the mind... where the heart lives? Isnt it just a brain? I think you know what I believe.

I`m sure a lot of them would debate your validity as a Christian

Yes. Im sure even my own family in many ways. They would rather hear from a PHD preacher. Some are very good and some are very rigid, but you cant find revelation only through education, it is God who reveals God, not a university or school of ministry.

Its strange to me sometimes when I think about it. It is a hard thing when a family member argues against what you have been taught by the spirit, especially when I know they are not as versed in the Gospels (and I say that humbly as well).

Jesus warned us about that very thing. Family is beautiful, but not everything. All freinds are family, but not all family are freinds, you may or may not agree. Jesus speaks quite clearly about family, and he warns... (Matt 10)

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

Now, for those without spiritual discernment, this is a very harsh thing to hear. In fact, it has even been a verse many have used to deny Jesus with... however, I have experienced a small taste of this and i am quite certain many have. It is the truth as hard as it can be to accept.

In regards to many things the Holy Spirit reveals, I would most likely be counciled by a much "stronger" beleiver, but I cannot accept what I cannot accept. In fact, none of us can.

Let me be very clear though. In this faith it is the love of God that allows one to love others more fully. This of course includes family. So, while the warning is there in regards to family, so also is the love. In fact, the revelation in this verse can only be found in the spirit of love.

Again, sorry about the length.

What is "revelation knowledge" , was the revelation that Muhammed recieved Gods last message to mankind an example of this?

Just having the knowledge has never been enough. The revelation given through the knowledge is where the true power is. People can know things and still not have revelation.

The knowledge of Muhammeds final prophecy is not enough to bring about revelation in the heart. Take a seed. Plant it. Water it. Give it sunlight, do everything you can do, but, you do not make it grow. Life is in the seed and life makes things grow. God is life.

Revelation is a gift of truth... it can open eyes and completely change perception. The problem isnt God, it is mans interpretation and application of what God is. This is why Jesus is called the sharpest double edged sword. One edge is for protection against hypocrites (in religion), the other is for protection against doubt (usually a bitter doubt). Both can be found in a believer but it is the strength of the sword, not the believer, that is the glory of God.

Love conquers all. Thats what this is all about. There are limits sometimes to the amount of love we can let in and that has to do with the hardness of our hearts. It doesnt matter what wisdom allows mankind to dig up, it doesnt matter how much you know. The greatest pursuit in life is love, that is what matters.

You say the problem isn't god but mans interpretation, any being who was actually good at communicating would take this into account. How has revelelation got anything to do with truth? What is your criteria for deciding what is true and what is not?

What is your criteria for deciding what is true and what is not?

Personally I think truth is more like a learned feeling. When I get revelations they are very enlightening. You see something you had not seen at all before and they can change your original perception completely. They are very powerful. What is yours?

Special the building law killian shoe Stanley service. Pigment welcome smoking o'luck oldest during toast close pure. Dublin dry turkey olives ascorbic mojo. Feather banana
ugly god.

"its not becasue(sic) I am using the wrong definitions, but because many refuse to understand the way they are being used"