funjumper101

Freedom OF religion means freedom FROM religion

Jesus told his followers that he would return prior to the death of some of them.

"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.
—Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27

He was very wrong, it's been 2000 years, all of them are all very dead. Why would anyone still beleive anything he said?

Or was he just mistaken?

He also told the Pharisees "Destroy this temple and I will rebuild it again in three days". Was he speaking of Heavenly things or earthly things?... Was he talking about the literal building of the temple, or was he talking about his body? For the spiritually discerning we know that he was talking about his death and he ressurection.

(John 3)I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

Also he says that God is the God of the living...

7But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'[a] 38He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

This is a curious passage for certain. But for those who have found Jesus, there is no death... only faith, hope, and love. The soul dies when it loses the ability to believe. Many way underestimate the power in hope.

Again, these things are spiritually discerned. If you accept the spirit in Jesus as mercy, forgiveness, and love to cover your sin, what is planted in your heart will lead you to the truth. If not, none of this will make sense because they are hidden from your sight...

At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

10The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?" 11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.

19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
"We didn't start the fire"

Jesus told his followers that he would return prior to the death of some of them.

"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.
—Matthew 16:28, Mark 9:1, Luke 9:27

He was very wrong, it's been 2000 years, all of them are all very dead. Why would anyone still beleive anything he said?

Or was he just mistaken?

Nope, just read a little farther in Matthew (Matt 17:2-6) Peter, James, and John got a preview of coming attractions when they saw Jesus' transfiguration, as He will be in His kingdom. His kingdom here on earth started a short time after His death and resurrection, at the Feast of Pentecost. It is now available spiritually, for those who chose to enter through the power of the Holy Spirit. In the future it will be both a physical and spiritual reality.

However, as we continue to persevere with an eternally forgiving grace, we see the spirit in us was definitely not given in vain. It produces the fruit of love, not fear. It showers with understanding not contempt. Sin brings us closer to God. Those who have the Holy Spirit can discern just what that means with no problem.

This is my quote from the last big post. I just wanted to make sure people knew this is also found in the book of Romans. It is not something I just made up. However, it also is a revelation of the spirit as Paul did not write the book of Romans based on the books of the New Testament, but based on revelations he recieved from the spirit of Christ. Therefore, if someone has the same spirit, this should be quite clear even without reading it in the New Testament...

(Romans 5) The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

And the entire chapter 6 of Romans. Its not that long, you can read it online at biblegateway.com if you like. But in re-reading my earlier post I saw this and wanted to add something to it and couldnt edit any longer.

any of those definition, actually in the bible? You only have one bible passage here and it doen't give a definition of blasphemy. Want to try again?

I am not sure of the exact exegetical or hermeneutical description you desire. But the koine greek "blapten" means to injure and "pheme" means reputation. This basically signifies, etymologically, gross irreverence and contempt toward the work of the Holy Spirit. Hopefully that answer is closer to what you were wanting.

Faith is not some mythical conjured mental exercise, it is an obligate prerequisite for love. Without faith in another person or God love is impossible. Once faith, then love, is established it either grows and blooms into a wonderful experience or it consumes the deceived. Faith without the production of good works is dead and hollow.

Have you noticed that the naysayers and deniers refuse to acknowledge love. It apparently does not exist in their world, except as narcissism it would seem.

Big time naysayer here, and I very strongly acknowledge love. On what basis do you think love requires faith?

Love is an emotion, and from the standpoint of understanding human behavior, is very similar to other emotions - such as fear, anger, joy, etc. It is internally created by the lower parts of the brain; remnants of and deeply rooted in our past. It is not the result of higher thinking, complex decision-making, belief in dieties, etc. It is a limbic reaction to external stimulii.

Specifically, love appears to be rooted in important survival mechanisms like pair-bonding, protection of offspring, and the like. But Hallmark is very happy that it is now tied to the imagery of the heart, pithy holidays, and the purchase of their goods.

Why people of faith think they have the market cornered is a mystery; but it is a common claim, as if love did not exist before religion got invented - which is a blink of an eye in the history of human existence. Love as an emotion has been around since it was important for creatures to be close to each other - all the meanings attached to it since our cortexes started getting huge are inventions of the mind.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

You believe that god came to earth in human form and sacrificed himself to himself to appease himself so he wouldn't have to throw his creation into the eternal hell fires which he created, for the sole purpose of tormenting (for ever and ever) those creations who find the whole concept "a bit unbelievable" and that despite gods obvious use of extortion with the threat of everlasting torture unless the required brown nosing is observed, that he actually loves us.
Born ok 1st time.

You believe that god came to earth in human form and sacrificed himself to himself to appease himself so he wouldn't have to throw his creation into the eternal hell fires which he created, for the sole purpose of tormenting (for ever and ever) those creations who find the whole concept "a bit unbelievable" and that despite gods obvious use of extortion with the threat of everlasting torture unless the required brown nosing is observed, that he actually loves us

I applaud the use of your words here. It expresses with great intellect how far one can travel from God (to the point of mockery), but, it doesnt express how fast he accepts us when we decide to turn around and come back. read the parable of the Prodigal son.

I want to respond to your post again, but for now...

Love is an all consuming fire. This is not a literal fire, but it might as well be. Have you ever been hurt by love? Have you ever had a broken heart? To the point where you have no idea which way is up. You cant go outside, inside, you cant travel far enough to sooth the pain. It is a f-n hell brother... all you can really do is take it.

On the flip side, the same love can fill you with life and joy. It can make you feel like your flying. It can make you sing and dance ect.. you get the idea. So in this ALL consuming fire, you have those who are swallowed up and destroyed by it and those who are filled with life and saved by it. The spectrum is eternally without or eternally with, and the way is by faith.

This is far from a threat. this is the truth, and I have experienced this truth throughout my life, as im quite certain others have as well.

But again to quote paul, "since what is known about God is plain to them because God has made it plain to them" No offense, but you seem to have a plain revelation of what God is. Its a very wordly perception, one that im afraid wont get you too much further without the Holy Spirit. Not to mention, it is full of blame, bitterness, anger, and pride, and it sounds more argumentative than sincere. Respectively. I mean, your sign off says quite a bit doesnt it?

"God opposes the Proud and gives grace to the Humble" (Isaiah)

But yes, God is love. Its not his love but our faith that is weak, or non-existant in some. He even knows how much you love him more than you do. Just stay open, once you start to close down it gets harder to open up again. But if your desire is to live without God, then are you not getting that desire fulfilled? If so, then why still argumentative? What else are you trying to accomplish here?

yep, we have all been broken hearted.
yep we all have been in love, on top of the world.

just because i dont believe in any religion, doesnt mean i dont have emotions.

there isnt any anger in my post, a little mockery, but its what you believe, in a simplified form.

beleive it or not you can live a happy fullfilling life without religion.
Born ok 1st time.

beleive it or not you can live a happy fullfilling life without religion.

Of course you can. The way Jesus describes it "It rains on the just and the unjust" therefore, a righteous man (a believer) can have a "worse" life on earth as an un-righteous man, and visa versa (Job). I would never claim to have a better life than you, but, I will say that I have an eternal hope that is sure and therefore in any circumstances, though they may not bring me wealth and riches, I will still have hope. That to me is worth more than anything I could ever buy.

Just because I heard a little anger in your post, doesnt mean it was there. It wouldnt be the first time I mis-spoke. I just know what Christ does for me and it would be nice to run into someone like Jesus in this world. Only thing is, that someone may not yet know they belong to God and the inevitable "rebellion" may be the only part I get to be a part of. Sort of Ironic that through rebellion we find peace, but thats definitely how it was for me.

I will always attempt to be patient and to ensure the Gospel is being handled and taught the same way it was taught to me. No special favors, not for me, not for the God-slandering... to me, we are equals in eyes of Jesus. Jesus is the mercy and love of God. How deep do you think that goes?

Big time naysayer here, and I very strongly acknowledge love. On what basis do you think love requires faith?

Love is an emotion, and from the standpoint of understanding human behavior, is very similar to other emotions - such as fear, anger, joy, etc. It is internally created by the lower parts of the brain; remnants of and deeply rooted in our past. It is not the result of higher thinking, complex decision-making, belief in dieties, etc. It is a limbic reaction to external stimulii.

... the lust for power can be completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude

So how do you convince people to love their servitude? Obviously you must create a belief based on faith that being subservient will give them the security and prosperity they desire.

Aldous Huxley obviously didn't have any trouble understanding the relationship between faith and love.

there isnt any anger in my post, a little mockery, but its what you believe, in a simplified form.

Funny man, the finished product of anger is contempt. Yes, there is no anger in your post, but it is full of contempt. And sorry to say , no, you haven't got the slightest clue what the Good News of Christ is about.

And sorry to say , no, you haven't got the slightest clue what the Good News of Christ is about.

apparently, there's a couple christians out there who don't either. including bimbo's on tv talking about gays needing to be put to death.

you guys talk about this enlightenment that you've had as if it's the new law of christianity, and are astounded that the atheists (or non believes) in this forum don't share your excitement. the fact is that those of you who feel this enlightenment are sadly a tiny minority. most of the religious are still operating in the dark ages. its sad and frustrating. look around. we're not just looking at you. we don't block it out when it doesn't fit into our paradigm. you don't need to convince us. you need to go out and convince the people who's beliefs are mostly like yours. if you don't think the draconian laws of the OT are in effect anymore, i think that would make a lot of atheists pretty happy. stop wasting your time with us. go clean up your own house. or is it too difficult to stand up to the hordes of religious who would cast you out with your new ideas, so you preach to us in an online forum?

edited to add: i'm a little disheartened today, reading that someone is advocating the killing of gay people. honestly i applaud the revelation you've had. i wish it was a bit more widespread. i almost deleted my entire post, but i'll leave it and you can shred it if you like.

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

any of those definition, actually in the bible? You only have one bible passage here and it doen't give a definition of blasphemy. Want to try again?

I am not sure of the exact exegetical or hermeneutical description you desire. But the koine greek "blapten" means to injure and "pheme" means reputation. This basically signifies, etymologically, gross irreverence and contempt
toward the work of the Holy Spirit. Hopefully that answer is closer to what you were wanting.

So given that, this "crime" is the one unforgivable sin in the NT. Murder is forgivable, torture is forgivable, slavery is not even a sin. and this is supposed to a be decent system of ethics?

Funny man, the finished product of anger is contempt. Yes, there is no anger in your post, but it is full of contempt. And sorry to say , no, you haven't got the slightest clue what the Good News of Christ is about.

looks like there is anger in your post. actually my post is a borrowed post from another religious thread in here, that i found funny.
so its not contempt or mockery, its plagiary
Born ok 1st time.

So given that, this "crime" is the one unforgivable sin in the NT. Murder is forgivable, torture is forgivable, slavery is not even a sin. and this is supposed to a be decent system of ethics?

Ethics is a by-product. The purpose of the Good News is to provide a path for regeneration and reconciliation with God.