Darius11

Iran election results fraudulent, People are getting killed on the streets. All media and communications are down.

Most all the information i have is from friends in Iran or is 2nd hand info from people who have a contact there. For some reason nothing seems to work but facebook. The news that the state puts out is bais to say the least.

I wish the people were armed.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

James has given the go ahead to repost what he is sharing. In his last post he stated that he was going to check out a demostration down the street. Communications have been spotty but if he has any new info I will be sharing. He wants this stuff to get out.
something funny and unique

There is a lesson in this for those of us here in the USA.

Freedom is sometimes paid for in the blood of the most loyal patriots.

If we have a rifle, and learn to use it well we are then no longer a subject, we become citizens.

This is why we should never ban or outlaw firearms.

For those of you who say this could not happen here, you are unfortunately DEAD wrong.

There is a lesson in this for those of us here in the USA.

Freedom is sometimes paid for in the blood of the most loyal patriots.

If we have a rifle, and learn to use it well we are then no longer a subject, we become citizens.

This is why we should never ban or outlaw firearms.

For those of you who say this could not happen here, you are unfortunately DEAD wrong.

This needs to be said over and over. If the people were armed things would be diffrent and not to mention might have changed long ago.

James has given the go ahead to repost what he is sharing. In his last post he stated that he was going to check out a demostration down the street. Communications have been spotty but if he has any new info I will be sharing. He wants this stuff to get out.

Thank you, and thank him for understanding how importent this is.

What do you think would be different if the reform candidate that probably did actually win the election becomes president?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What do you think would be different if the reform candidate that probably did actually win the election becomes president?

It would be in my opinion a change in the right direction, and a message that Iranians do not want extremist leaders who simply do not represent the peoples will.

I don't think it will be the change the country needs. We need to separate religion from government policy, and that might happen. There is war on the streets i don't believe all of it is for Mosavie but lots of it is anger at the oppressive Islamic government.

I have disagreed with every single post you've ever made...however...on this topic I am completely in agreement with you.

I hope against hope that the reformers of Iran prevail. It would be the best hope for lasting peace in the region.

Thanks for the updates.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

if your people had guns, lots of guns as you wish - the would be more people dying than you'd ever wish for. the "guilty", the go-alogns and the innocent. men, women and children, brothers, sisters, relatives - do you really wish for that?

as a sidenote: my greatest respect for all the people in iran on the streets voicing their opinion
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

if your people had guns, lots of guns as you wish - the would be more people dying than you'd ever wish for. the "guilty", the go-alogns and the innocent. men, women and children, brothers, sisters, relatives - do you really wish for that?

Perhaps. Or more likely, the authorities wouldn't be able to beat everyone with impunity.

> Or more likely, the authorities wouldn't be able to beat everyone with
>impunity.

Based on what's happened in that part of the world in the past, the police/military would go from "beating the crowd" mode to simple extermination. And they'd be justified - they "were fired on."

That song is by Buffalo Springfield, but small point. :P

Hi Millertime!!Thanks for the update. As I recall I heard it in the 60's somewhere in a purple haze but that's compliments of James Marshall and I think I'll have another hit of....Fresh Air!!! Think I have the Buffalo Springfield vinal in my archives, have to look. Buffalo who?? 'Forgot that's where Stills was before he got with Crosby and Graham etc. But it's about the song, get some TV footage of what's happening in Iran right now and play that song over the top.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Some of my thoughts from Brussels airport …

Moussavi is not as much of a reformer as Mohammad Khatami (Pres 1997 to 2005). Yes, he’s likely to be different from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Back when he was PM in the late 1980’s, Mousavi was substantially and substantively involved in the covert deal to acquire centrifuge technology (for uranium enrichment) via Pakistan’s A.Q. Khan that enabled the Iranian nuclear program.

There’s a realist argument that Ahmadinejad, as a hard-liner, is the only one is Iran who has the power to negotiate. An odd variant of only Pres Nixon could go to China. And to be explicit, that statement does not in any way, shape, or form mean I personally support/like/whatever Ahmadinejad or strict conservative religious fundamentalists in Iran (or as heads of state in most any other nation-state.)

Right now, it’s an unstable situation. The opposition can’t unify/is being prevented from unifying. Twitter is fabulous (notwithstanding western hyperbolic extrapolations) but that’s short-term tactic for organizing not long term. The lack of ability to organize has been observed before, e.g., Burma 1988, Uzbekistan 2005, China 1999. Until large parts of the military shift allegiance to the opposition, I’m hesitant to place too much hope.

Nonetheless, the protests are manifestation of systematic discontent of the Iranian people, imo.

Another observation: The Czech Presidency of the EU (ends 1 July, iirc) has annoyed many, especially the German EC delegation, by indicating acceptance of the election results.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Some update and analysis:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8101841.stm

Interestingly, a poll published in The Washington Post predicted Ahmeninejad winning 2/3rds of the vote!

So... Leaving aside the possibility of a conspiracy between Hard-Line Iranians, The BBC, & The Washington Post :P perhaps we should look at each candidates power base and supporters.

Mousavi is supported largely by city dwellers and the better educated, while Ahmedinejad is supported by the less eduacated and rural dwellers. This is hardly surprising given his fiscal policies.

Now, in an election EVERYONE'S vote counts the same. You don't get extra votes for a good job or a college degree.

On the other hand, it is the more educated who are better at being heard, particularly internationally, which may be what has distorted the expected results... That and a degree of wishful thinking among Westerners.

Incidentally, Iran's voting system is similar to Britain's with printed voting papers (rather than machines), so the recount can be physical and EVERY Ballot Paper can be scrutinised (and through a lengthy & difficult process any individual ballot paper CAN be traced back to an individual voter.

The one difference in Iran's voting system is that it's not wholly secret; Instead of entering a booth to cast a vote (mark their ballot paper), Iranians do it at an open table,

As such, I expect the re-count to give the same result as the first count:.. Ahmedinejad wins... This being the vote of ALL the iranian people, not just the ones in Tehran with computers & mobile phones.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

wish-wash :S

Your point is unclear to me. Could you please clarify?

OK:

Like usual, his text sounds like the script book of a 3rd class theater. Theatrical. Bogus. A farce.

Every single sentence sounds false.

Wish-wash, what I said.

My impression, seen from a loooong distance ...

:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

This may be the worlds first cyber revolution.
The under educated have been in power for 30 years and the educated types have finally found their feet.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

This may be the worlds first cyber revolution.
The under educated have been in power for 30 years and the educated types have finally found their feet.

Yeah. The youth of Iran will prevail. Maybe not right now, but they WILL prevail. Their country will be a better place...

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG