BillyMongilly

BSBD Tiller the Baby Killer

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/833730.html

George Tiller shot to death at Wichita church

BY STAN FINGER
The Wichita Eagle

WICHITA - George Tiller, the Wichita doctor who became a national lightning rod in the debate over abortion, was shot to death this morning as he walked into church services.

Tiller, 67, was shot just after 10 a.m. at Reformation Lutheran Church at 7601 E. 13th, where he was a member of the congregation. Witnesses and a police source confirmed Tiller was the victim.

No information has been released about whether a suspect is in custody.

Homicide detectives and Sedgwick County District Attorney Nola Foulston have arrived at the church.

Members of the congregation who were inside the sanctuary at the time of the shooting were being kept inside the church by police, and those arriving were being ushered into the parking lot. Witnesses are being transported downtown for interviews and other members of the congregation are slowly being released from inside the sanctuary.

Tiller has long been a focal point of protest by abortion opponents because his clinic, Women's Health Care Services at 5701 E. Kellogg, is one of the few in the country where late-term abortions are performed.

Protesters blockaded Tiller's clinic during Operation Rescue's "Summer of Mercy" protests during the summer of 1991, and Tiller was shot by Rachelle Shannon at his clinic in 1993.

Tiller was wounded in both arms, and Shannon remains in prison for the shooting.

Tiller's clinic was severely vandalized earlier this month. According to the Associated Press, his lawyer said wires to security cameras and outdoor lights were cut and that the vandals also cut through the roof and plugged the buildings' downspouts. Rain poured through the roof and caused thousands of dollars of damage in the clinic. Tiller reportedly asked the FBI to investigate the incident.

Sgt. Bart Brunscheen of the Wichita Police Department said there has been no activitiy today at Tiller's clinic, although security crews were being brought in to make sure the building was secure. Officials also were going to check the clinic's security cameras to see if there was any activity over night.

Tiller and his clinic have faced continuous threats and lawsuits. A Wichita jury ruled in March that he was not guilty of illegal abortion on 19 criminal charges he faced for allegedly violating a state law requiring an "independent" second physician's concurring opinion before performing later term abortions. Immediately following the ruling in this criminal case, the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts made public a similar complaint against Tiller that was originally filed in December 2008. Tiller's medical license could eventually be suspended or revoked by the board on the basis of the complaint.

Check Kansas.com for updates.

Contributing: Joe Rodriguez, Tim Potter and Marcia Werts or The Eagle.
How high are we going? Oh about 9000. Oh Mr. Pilot! How high are we going? Oh about 12000! That's the ticket!

Yes, and now the killer will go to prison for murder, and it will probably have no effect on the number of abortions performed in this country. And he has probably traumatized a whole church full of people who had nothing to do with the doctor's practice.

The pro-life protests can't get any more hypocritical than that.

I'm certain it's not hypocritical in the mind of the vigilante. In fact, I'm certain in his mind it's not only justified, but mandated.

Still doesn't make it right.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

where?? in a fucking dumpster somewhere???

the guy preformed a medical procedure that was legal with consent of the patient, or the patients guardian if that may be the case.

some stupid fuck started shooting near a church full of alive people and fatally wounded one of those living people which happens to be a doctor. very likely scared and traumatised the living fuck out of all kinds of old women, grandmas, kids etc that are otherwise not accustomed to hearing gunfights and people full of gunshot holes and dead....

and the shooter now gets to spend the remaining natural life incarcerated and possibly executed

AND

all you got is....some aborted fetuses are somewhere high fiving

quit eating so much chicken fella, think it's got your thought process retarded...
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

>Somewhere, there's an unborn baby, and several million aborted
> babies, giving a fist pump and a high five.

And somewhere, there are another hundred thousand people who will vote against any law limiting abortion so they're not supporting murderers.

As Bill Hicks said it:

If you're so pro-life, do me a favour: don't lock arms and block medical clinics. If you're so pro-life, lock arms and block cemeteries.

HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

You can quote the law all you want to, but the fact is, anyone who kills a baby ten seconds before it takes its first free breath, is the worst kind of murderer, and a few words on a piece of paper, doesn't make it right.

Actually, Tiller was famous for being part of a clinic that was one of only three in the nation to offer late term abortions so this statement is not far from truth.

The statement does not take into account the circumstances of the individual incidences. It also doesn't take in to account the insanity of the act of Tiller's murderer.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

that may be the case. that's his business and that of his patients who made a decision for a medical procedure within the law

to state "kill 10 seconds before it takes it's first breath" is not only far from the truth, it leans towards ignorance. why not present ones position on the matter with facts instead coming out with such a dumbfounded statement.

the 10 second thing is not shocking to me, I have enough intelligence to see past it.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

You can quote the law all you want to, but the fact is, anyone who kills a baby ten seconds before it takes its first free breath, is the worst kind of murderer, and a few words on a piece of paper, doesn't make it right.

so he deserved to die?

ten seconds before it takes its first free breath,

[:/]

this seems far fetched, and inaccurate at best.

No it's not. It's called "partial birth abortion" and it is actually legal in some states. George Tiller performed late term abortions including partial birth abortions which are both illegal in Kansas yet Tiller repeatedly thumbed his nose at the law. Do you know what a partial birth abortion is? It's an abortion that occurs at the time the babies head is crowning by sucking out the babies brains literally ten seconds before the baby's first free breath. You can call that a "fetus" if you like, that is your freedom under the First Ammendment. You might want to do some studying about who George Tiller was and how he with the help of DA Nola Foulston and Governer Kathleen Sebielius skirted the laws of the state of Kansas. George Tiller performed an abortion on a nine year old girl once without notifying the state of Kansas as required by law. This nine year old girl was raped by her father. There was no investigation by law enforcement since Tiller never bothered to notify law enforcement about this child rape. It behooves me to think that anyone in their right mind could condone this type of behavior.
How high are we going? Oh about 9000. Oh Mr. Pilot! How high are we going? Oh about 12000! That's the ticket!

So what do you personally do to change this piece of paper so that abortion is illegal? If you think that killing a doctor and thus taking a life is a good thing then I imagine you're probably PARKING in front of you state capitol building running a campaign.

In fact I'll be that you're so motivated by this movement that you've spent $15000 on it in the last four years just like you've spent $15000 on skydiving. With all that emotion and spare $$$ on hand you probably could have paid mothers to not abort their child.

But I guess only you can tell us.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

So what do you personally do to change this piece of paper so that abortion is illegal? If you think that killing a doctor and thus taking a life is a good thing then I imagine you're probably PARKING in front of you state capitol building running a campaign.

You might want to read the statement issued by operationrescue.org and other prominent pro-life speakers. They absolutely do not condone murder of any kind. They would have much rather seen George Tiller repent of his sins and close his doors. Murdering an abortion doctor is not the answer. It is the pro-choice folks who are desperately tying to make the pro-life folks look bad by accusing them of condining Tiller's murder when it is not at all true. You just watch. Barack Obama will use this incident to further his support for Sotomeyer and Sebielius who are staunch pro-choice. What the nation doesn't know.

so he deserved to die?

That's not what he said.

You might want to read the statement issued by operationrescue.org and other prominent pro-life speakers. They absolutely do not condone murder of any kind. They would have much rather seen George Tiller repent of his sins and close his doors. Murdering an abortion doctor is not the answer. It is the pro-choice folks who are desperately tying to make the pro-life folks look bad by accusing them of condining Tiller's murder when it is not at all true. You just watch. Barack Obama will use this incident to further his support for Sotomeyer and Sebielius who are staunch pro-choice. What the nation doesn't know.

I'm responding to Boyd saying that there are unborn/aborted souls fist pumping in celebration. I am pro-life. I'm trying to figure out why someone thinks that murder is the solution.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

George Tiller performed an abortion on a nine year old girl once without notifying the state of Kansas as required by law. This nine year old girl was raped by her father. There was no investigation by law enforcement since Tiller never bothered to notify law enforcement about this child rape.

Do you have a link to any info about this? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Wow. It really does sound like people here support his murder.

Not me ... the murder took the law into his own hands when he killed the Dr and that can NEVER be acceptable.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'm responding to Boyd saying that there are unborn/aborted souls fist pumping in celebration. I am pro-life. I'm trying to figure out why someone thinks that murder is the solution.

Yes, unfortunately there are a few folks who are celebrating Tillers murder right now. The fact is, God loved him just as much as he loves everyone else. Some folks simply cannot accept this and are driven by their own emotions. This doesn't help the pro-life movement at all.

Your point is well taken.

The fact is, God loved him just as much as he loves everyone else

You can't possibly know that... You can believe it but you ought not state it like it's a fact ....You can only guess.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome