BillyMongilly

BSBD Tiller the Baby Killer

Yes, unfortunately there are a few folks who are celebrating Tillers murder right now.

Well, when you post a subject that says 'RIP, baby killer,' it sure sounds like a celebration.

I guess I'm glad I don't live in Kansas, where access to health care can be eliminated by gunman.

My subject line was ironic, however I do not condone the killing of George Tiller. It doesn't help the pro-life movement at all.

Kansas is not the only place where abortion docs have been killed, however Tiller was one out of six doctors in the USA I believe that performed late term abortions. This is what made Kansas so popular.
How high are we going? Oh about 9000. Oh Mr. Pilot! How high are we going? Oh about 12000! That's the ticket!

But as the authors of the Bible didn't know that, they can be forgiven for using somewhat inaccurate imagery.

Except of course they were s'posed to be writing the word of God... who should have known better

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

George Tiller performed an abortion on a nine year old girl once without notifying the state of Kansas as required by law. This nine year old girl was raped by her father. There was no investigation by law enforcement since Tiller never bothered to notify law enforcement about this child rape.

Do you have a link to any info about this? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

I'm pretty sure that Tiller was investigated on various charges and exonerated. I'm sure that whoever comes out on the losing side of something like that is going to cry foul, and say the proceedings were politically biased. I'm realistic enough to understand that might actually be the case, which gets us no closer to knowing what Tiller did or did not do.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

So far, this Bible which has been written by man many years ago has not been proved with a single fabrication.

have you read the entire bible? i find it very hard to believe that you have and still believe that every single word of it is true and correct and morally correct

in fact i jsut saw billvons post........nuff said tbh

>Nice medical procedure dont you think?

If it saves the life of the mother, or terminates the life of a fetus that was going to die anyway (i.e. one with thanatophoric dysplasia) and reduces the risk to the mother - yes, it is a "nice" procedure, one that I am glad we have.

Bill, everyone here know that there are times when damn near everything may be needed. You seem to feel the need to migrate toward that type of argument nearly every time anymore.

One can agree that there are extems. Using them in arguments all the time is worthless
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Bill, everyone here know that there are times when damn near
>everything may be needed.

Yep. Any procedure that can save the life of a woman is, to me, a "nice" medical procedure - even if you do not like how it's used 98% of the time. Posting how disgusting you think it is makes as much sense as posting how disgusting an amputation is. Yes, it's pretty gross. But it is often used to save lives, and thus I am glad there are surgeons who know how to do it.

If it saves the life of the mother, or terminates the life of a fetus that was going to die anyway (i.e. one with thanatophoric dysplasia) and reduces the risk to the mother - yes, it is a "nice" procedure, one that I am glad we have.

Bill, everyone here know that there are times when damn near everything may be needed. You seem to feel the need to migrate toward that type of argument nearly every time anymore.

One can agree that there are extems. Using them in arguments all the time is worthless

Well, when the other side wants to ban all instances and kill doctors that perform them, it's hard to avoid talking about such cases.

pro-life community is driven by Bible scriptures

My Pro-Life views are NOT driven by the Bible scripture. It is NOT an issue of religion.

For most it is.

Then you're doing it because your religion tells you to not because you understand what is right or wrong. Do you understand that you lose a lot of people when you can't even express your points without referencing a book that MOST of the world's population doesn't agree with.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>Bill, everyone here know that there are times when damn near
>everything may be needed.

Yep. Any procedure that can save the life of a woman is, to me, a "nice" medical procedure - even if you do not like how it's used 98% of the time. Posting how disgusting you think it is makes as much sense as posting how disgusting an amputation is. Yes, it's pretty gross. But it is often used to save lives, and thus I am glad there are surgeons who know how to do it.

Hmmm, I did not know people had amputations done because they wanted them.

Learned something new today huh:S
Abraham Lincoln

Well, when the other side wants to ban all instances and kill doctors that perform them, it's hard to avoid talking about such cases.

I am and always have been coflicted by this issue. What I want to happen it NO TAX MONEY to support it.

I am pro choice, but I chose life.

Abortion on demand, exspecially this late term third term crap, is just sick.
Abraham Lincoln

>Hmmm, I did not know people had amputations done because they wanted
>them.

Dude, pretty much all amputations are done because they wanted them. It is illegal to amputate someone's arm against their wishes, even if it puts their health at risk.

Most people, however, choose amputation over death from sepsis or cancer when presented with that decision.

>them.

Dude, pretty much all amputations are done because they wanted them. It is illegal to amputate someone's arm against their wishes, even if it puts their health at risk.

Most people, however, choose amputation over death from sepsis or cancer when presented with that decision.

Nice twist, stupid but nice
Abraham Lincoln

>them.

YOU yet again go to of tangent sides to TRY and make a point.

I am talking health babys, mother and those who WANT and amputation just because, like todays abortion on demand.

Now, I can get very specific if you want me too. I am confident you understand my meanings when I post them. But, you must have a need to feel cute or something when responding like this.

Be cute then

Marc[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

I think it's cute when you get so worked up you have to answer my posts twice!

Late term abortion is an ugly, disturbing procedure - just as amputations are. Watching either one would make most people sick to their stomachs. However, there are times when even such a disturbing and destructive procedure is better than the alternative - death or serious injury.

Thus, making the 100% emotional argument that it's really disturbing is a stupid argument. It doesn't matter that either procedure is disturbing, that they use a medical version of a Sawzall to hack through your bones or that they drill a hole in a fetus's head to suck out their brains. What matters is the result. If late term abortions were done with a solution that simply dissolved the fetus in the amniotic fluid it would not change the moral issues one bit, beyond those people who can't think beyond "they DRILL a HOLE! SUCK OUT BRAINS!"

I'm sure there are women out there who are too lazy to get contraception and just go for the abortion. Given that abortion is more expensive, more time-consuming, and more painful than contraception, I'd have to say that most probably have better reasons. Maybe not great reasons, but better ones than "I was too lazy."

There is birth control failure (legitimate birth control fails); there are health reasons that fall short of "I'll die if I have this baby." And not everyone believes that a pre-viable fetus is a full-up human being.

Unfortunately, "I was too stupid" probably is pretty high on the list. I think the vast majority of abortions are privately-paid, which, of course, contributes to the large number of welfare recipients.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think it's cute when you get so worked up you have to answer my posts twice!

Late term abortion is an ugly, disturbing procedure - just as amputations are. Watching either one would make most people sick to their stomachs. However, there are times when even such a disturbing and destructive procedure is better than the alternative - death or serious injury.

Thus, making the 100% emotional argument that it's really disturbing is a stupid argument. It doesn't matter that either procedure is disturbing, that they use a medical version of a Sawzall to hack through your bones or that they drill a hole in a fetus's head to suck out their brains. What matters is the result. If late term abortions were done with a solution that simply dissolved the fetus in the amniotic fluid it would not change the moral issues one bit, beyond those people who can't think beyond "they DRILL a HOLE! SUCK OUT BRAINS!"

worked up? No, just more thoughts come to my mind.

In any event, this, at least, was an honest reponse.

Makes conversation easier when it is done this way
Abraham Lincoln

...when the other side wants to ban all instances and kill doctors that perform them... (emphasis added)

I think you're unfairly stereotyping the "other side" there.

Saying that all pro-lifers want to kill doctors who perform abortions is like saying that all pro-choicers are in favor of abortion on demand right up until the second before live birth. It sounds impressive, and shocks people, but it's a long way from the real truth.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...when the other side wants to ban all instances and kill doctors that perform them... (emphasis added)

I think you're unfairly stereotyping the "other side" there.

Saying that all pro-lifers want to kill doctors who perform abortions is like saying that all pro-choicers are in favor of abortion on demand right up until the second before live birth. It sounds impressive, and shocks people, but it's a long way from the real truth.

The point is that the exceptional cases matter. This wasn't even the first time someone tried to kill this doctor!

The pro-life side deserves the broad brush today. The number that won't regret this killing is too large a number to dismiss as outliers.

The pro-life side deserves the broad brush today. The number that won't regret this killing is too large a number to dismiss as outliers.

Bullshit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I'm sure there are women out there who are too lazy to get contraception and just go for the abortion. Given that abortion is more expensive, more time-consuming, and more painful than contraception, I'd have to say that most probably have better reasons. Maybe not great reasons, but better ones than "I was too lazy."

I have a family member who used to be a nurse in an abortion clinic up here in Toronto. As a side note, she now works in a fertility clinic, talking about extremes.

In talking with her, you really do get a sense that people going through abortions runs the complete range of social circles and reasoning.

Unfortnuately there are certainly some people who view abortion as a form of birth control. However, there is an even bigger group of women (specially here in Toronto with an extremely multi cultural population) that have the abortion due to family rape, drug issues, young teen-agers etc etc.

I am for the right of women to have abortions. Is that right mis-used by some? Absolutely, but for many it is also used for very valid reasons.

(I have often wondered how many people who are against abortion are foster parents)