tkhayes

Bush's Farewell Address

Meh. It wasn't the worst thing he'd ever done and it's probably the last thing you'll hear from him in a couple of years. I think the guy deserves to explain his point of view while it's still fresh in his mind before it becomes confabulated any further.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The attitude in the east room was far different from that (no surprise right?). I was there. It was great to meet all the different people that highlighted some of the past eight years.

Quite a reception!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The attitude in the east room was far different from that (no surprise right?). I was there. It was great to meet all the different people that highlighted some of the past eight years.

Quite a reception!

I am quite sure it was filled with as many of the true believers as they could still still find in Washington. That is right out of their playbook... to ensure that no"discouraging words" will be heard in his presence.

"Mr. Bush, Shut the fuck up!"

my $0.02 worth

TK

I feel sorry for the word he uses when he speak, he tortures them.

Thankfully there was a much happier and more interesting story to absorb the media last night so the coverage of this non-event was minimal.

So much for freedom of speech in the United States huh?

TK was expressing his opinion, not enacting an unconstitutional law.

Ironically, his post is a perfect example of the free speech you seem to imply he is against.

You can always change the channel.

And for a double dose of irony... you telling him to "change the channel" is as good as telling yourself to stay out of this thread. Surprisingly enough, people like to watch/read/complain about things they don't like. It only looks silly when they criticize somebody else for doing exactly the same thing (i.e. TK watching Bush and commenting on it, and you reading TK and commenting on it).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

A little birdie said you would be there and I raced back to the house to try and catch it. Not for the speach but for the "I know that Guy!" creds!.B|

Hey Max, THANKS again for your service!
When you running?:P

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Apparently, they couldn't find enough reporters for his farewell address. Bush's staff actually had to round up White House interns to fill some of the seats in order to make the room look full. And there were only seven rows of seats in the room to begin with.

I heard a great quote on Red State Update about Bush. Dunlap was saying "If it weren't for Karl Rove, Bush would still be countin' hotdog buns at the Astrodome!"
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Methinks, he deserves to explain his point of view in front of the International Court in TheHague defending himself as a war criminal and against accusations of crimes against humanity.

Meh. It wasn't the worst thing he'd ever done and it's probably the last thing you'll hear from him in a couple of years. I think the guy deserves to explain his point of view while it's still fresh in his mind before it becomes confabulated any further.

How did everyone feel about Obama going out to dinner during the farewell address? The pundits seem to be discussing it some.

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. A little tacky, but whatever.

Stay positive and love your life.

A little tacky

Yeap, always a good quality of a president............NOT. It was disrespectful to the President. I doubt that Obama will want to be treated that way. We rightfully complain about Bush, lets see if we are equally as critical of Obama.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

A little tacky

Yeap, always a good quality of a president............NOT. It was disrespectful to the President. I doubt that Obama will want to be treated that way. We rightfully complain about Bush, lets see if we are equally as critical of Obama.

You kidding me? Any criticism and you're a racist!! Didn't you get the memo? :S:S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

How did everyone feel about Obama going out to dinner during the farewell address? The pundits seem to be discussing it some.

Listening to bush is dangerous, it has been shown to lower the IQ of about 24% of listeners. (I reference many posts on this site as examples) Obama was smart not to listen.

When bush actually leaves it will be like taking a dump after 8 years of constipation, the feeling after will be fantastic.

Listening to bush is dangerous, it has been shown to lower the IQ of about 24% of listeners. (I reference many posts on this site as examples) Obama was smart not to listen.

If you are influenced that much by a person speaking on TV then I feel sorry for you. I personally place Obama higher than that. He's obviously not one of the 24% you're refering to. Therefore, he had no excuse to miss it. It was tacky and disrespectful.

Stay positive and love your life.

my $0.02 worth

TK

I would have thought that most people would be interested in Bush's FORWARDING Address!!?

my $0.02 worth £1.50 worth.>:(

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.