galvar2439

What is going to happen to this Country>>>>?

When all these young people are old enough to run it. I pride myself on giving my employees good benefits, empowering them to control thier own destiny by not limiting thier earnings.
Most of my original crew is still with me, but like me, the years have taken thier toll. Cant do all the physical things we use to. So we decided to infuse some young blood in the company and let them have the same opportunities as we ahve all enjoyed.
After explaining how it works and what is expected, the only thing i hear is " Yeah cool man, but when is break time". Cewll phones are more important than work to these kids.
Most of my guys work from home and take care of thier work on thier own scheduling. It has worked for a long time, but these kids (30 and under) just cant get it. All they want is to sleep all day and maybe get one job done. Then give 100 excuses as to why they couldnt get out of bed.
I am so dis heartened by the young people of this country who think they are owed everything for nothing. What is going to happen to this country? That is all
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Just to even it out I'll add this.
I know plenty of lazy fuckbags that are older than me.

40's/ 50's

You may have just had a bad crop of kids.
fire them and find reliable ones.

THEY'll be the ones running the country.
My photos

My Videos

40's/ 50's

I certainly hope your right. But these are college grads from some really quality schools. I will keep hope alive! Just keep searching for the right ones

So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

A recession is usually needed to smarten them up. Don't know where you might find one of those do you?

down the street and hang a right at 2008, and its right there in 2009, maybe .5 mile away.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

40's/ 50's

+1
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

When all these young people are old enough to run it. I pride myself on giving my employees good benefits, empowering them to control thier own destiny by not limiting thier earnings.
Most of my original crew is still with me, but like me, the years have taken thier toll. Cant do all the physical things we use to. So we decided to infuse some young blood in the company and let them have the same opportunities as we ahve all enjoyed.
After explaining how it works and what is expected, the only thing i hear is " Yeah cool man, but when is break time". Cewll phones are more important than work to these kids.
Most of my guys work from home and take care of thier work on thier own scheduling. It has worked for a long time, but these kids (30 and under) just cant get it. All they want is to sleep all day and maybe get one job done. Then give 100 excuses as to why they couldnt get out of bed.
I am so dis heartened by the young people of this country who think they are owed everything for nothing. What is going to happen to this country? That is all

change your screening for how you find employees. find people who are used to being on top and working hard to stay there. easiest way to do that with young people is to get people who did very well in a good university which was highly ranked (say top 20 nationally or so) in their specific major and had meaningful work experience throughout it. it's worked great for my company for the past 10 or 15 years. yeah you'll miss out on smart people who didn't go to college, but you lessen your chances of hiring the people you mentioned earlier.

just make sure they have had meaningful work experience. there's plenty of tards who can cheat their way through college but i haven't seen any who do that and work a lot at a meaningful job (read: skilled labor related to their major and the job you have open).
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

I work for a large company (15,000+) and have noticed that most of the new people that they are hiring are 40+. I saw one of the recruiters a few weeks ago and asked them why and she said that it used to be that no company would hire anyone over 45 and now that trend has reversed and they typically hire at 40+ because they would rather hire someone that has a good work ethic and have them for 15-20 years than have someone that doesn't for 30 years.

It really makes you think and shake your head at the young people today that have become the entitlement generation.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Or find someone that had to put themselves through college.

While I was heading off to work so I could pay rent and books for next semester, on more than one occassion, I would have several friends that were calling in sick so they could go party that night since Mommy and Daddy would just give them more money. I might not have had as great of a GPA in college as them, but I came out with a heckava lot better work ethic.

At that point in life, you can teach someone how to do a job, but you can't teach work ethic. IMO

Or find someone that had to put themselves through college.

And/or find someone who received good parenting.

The reason I say that is because my parents picked up the tab for my education. My undergrad GPA was 3.71 and my graduate GPA was 3.8. I worked a part-time job throughout school and I always worked hard. In my career, I always practised good work ethics and excelled. The credit goes to what I was taught throughout my life by my parents.

OTOH, there are definitely people who had a shitty upbringing but managed to excel despite it. I'd grab those people first.

>It really makes you think and shake your head at the young people
>today that have become the entitlement generation.

I can recall how everyone thought the beatniks and hippies of the 60s would be the end of civilization as we knew it. No responsibility! No common sense! No work ethic! Lazy long haired drug-usin' free love freaks! Get a haircut and get a real job.

Well, they did - and they're running the country now.

Nothing's changed, really. Older people will always see younger people as lazy and undisciplined, and younger people will see older people as inflexible, fossilized authoritarians whose motto is "my way or the highway."

I can recall how everyone thought the beatniks and hippies of the 60s would be the end of civilization as we knew it. No responsibility! No common sense! No work ethic! Lazy long haired drug-usin' free love freaks! Get a haircut and get a real job.

Well, they did - and they're running the country now.

And you're using this to refute the premise that we are in trouble?

That's how I feel about younger folks. Being 27 myself I don't have much to speak for, but I do bust my ass working 3 jobs to prove myself. I have no kids to provide for so I do it by choice not by necessity.

What happened to the early 20th century mentality of rolling up your sleeves, applying the elbow grease in massive quantities and not complaining about it.

It seems like people of today would rather have the fish than learn how to fish. Everything is fast and now or else its an excuse to complain.
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.