Who sent Hitler?

"God says in Jeremiah 16: 'Behold, I will bring them the Jewish people again unto their land that I gave to their fathers. ... Behold, I will send for many fishers, and after will I send for many hunters. And they the hunters shall hunt them.' That would be the Jews. ... Then God sent a hunter. A hunter is someone who comes with a gun and he forces you. Hitler was a hunter,"

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/22/mccain.hagee/index.html

McCain has rejected Hagee's endorsement after hearing that sermon from ten years ago. Obama has condemned what Wright said in _his_ sermons.

Both candidates had fiery preachers who said stupid shit, both have rejected their support after learning about it. Instead of spending tne next six months saying "but Wright was worserer than Hagee!" "No, Hagee was the meanest nastiest baddest preacher of all!" "Yeah? Well McCain gave him the bestest rejection of all!" perhaps now we can get back to issues like what the candidate's solutions are for the energy crisis, or the issues surrounding the Iraq war.

I agree with you Billvon!

But dont you think there is a interesting question who sent Hitler? If you are christian and analyze the text? Makes you wonder when we have been grown up in the western culture, and learning about the jews history and compare the the written "analyzed" texT

Now if they'd only start talking about the OTHER bat-shit crazy preacher that McCain's in bed with, we might be able to see what a non-issue Obama's bat-shit crazy preacher is.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

> Jeremiah was written about the conquest of Jerusalem (& the whole
>kingdom of Judah) by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon during the 6th
>century BC.

Jeremiah has 8 letters, Nebuchadnezzar has 14 letters. 8+14 is 22. When Hitler was sworn in as Chancellor in 1933, there were 22 generals in the German Army. Coincidence? I think not!

Also, Jeremiah was born in a hut in Anathoth, Judah. The word "Hitler" means "he who lives in a hut." One coincidence, maybe. But there is NO WAY there could be two.

One thing I notice about most of these Christian evangelicals is that they always seem to put forth the reasons why something happened. I.e., "God's punishment for homosexuals." Or, "God punishment for xxx."

Of course, it appears that these folks didn't actually read the WHOLE bible. I note that the New Testament did not supercede the Old Testament. In the Old Testament, the Book of Job talks about those who seek to explain why God does things. Recall that Jobs friends kept telling Job their theories about why Job's God is making him suffer.

Well, God got pissed off.

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

So God told all of them that they don't know shit. God listed all the things that he's done and asked them all if they know what it's like to do that. They don't. Thus, shut the fuck up, you guys.

God said he's a busy guy and spends eternity presiding over everything. His point - when you create and manage a universe, then we'll talk. Until that time, shut the fuck up.

Job wouldn't curse God, but he got close. And God didn't like it much:

Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?
Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?

So God was daring Job to speak poorly of Him. God dared Job to talk about how unfair He is. Job, of course, did not.

Then after Job, God turned to the friends and said:

And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

Eliphaz and Elihu and Bildad and Zophar made a critical mistake. Their speeches all were in agreement that God rewards the good and punishes evil. Thus, anyone being punished must be evil. To them it was that simple.

God let them know that they don't know shit. He had his reasons for fucking up Job. He didn't say what they were - nor did He have to. He is God. And don't ever, ever think you know why He does something.

Deuteronomy 18:18 has a definition of "prophet"

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

And we see that Job's friends thought they were prophets - speaking for God.

Well, God said in Deuteronomy 18:20:

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

So, according to that Old Testament thingy, God will fuck up those who presume to speak for him.

These people speaking of God's reasons, etc., for doing things will face the consequences. I just wish that more people would view them as the Bible instructs them to be viewed.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

These people speaking of God's reasons, etc., for doing things will face the consequences. I just wish that more people would view them as the Bible instructs them to be viewed.

Amen to that

BUt I guess they could not fleece the gullible if they did that.

Wow, some good replies on here.
LawRocket, you missed your calling... I'm thinking a Southern Baptist/Robin Williams type Minister.
Have a good weekend people.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

guilt - fear - mass insanity....

3 cheers for christianity.

fuck god, he doesnt exist.

of course since he doesnt exist....there will be no fucking :P

he was created by weak minded people who passed down a myth to thier children who in turn have caused more death and suffering than a real loving god would have allowed - either he doesnt exist or he is a all powerfull child with a magnifying glass and humans are the ants.

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

In the Old Testament, the Book of Job talks about those who seek to explain why God does things. Recall that Jobs friends kept telling Job their theories about why Job's God is making him suffer.

In the beginning of Job, God allowed satan to have his way with Job, but he wasnt allowed to take his life. The book of Job was summed up by Jesus, "It rains on the Righteous and the Unrighteous". Jobs' freinds were judging Job (this is what you were saying). No one on earth has the right to judge. Even Jesus didnt judge, who is himself God. The point is that Jesus already taught us the book of Job and the lessons learned. We all judge, it is learning how not to judge that gets us closer to the spirit. As far as the prophecy, warning is not the same as predicting; I agree with you, interpretations and predictions are dangerous. A prophet HEARS CLEARLY the voice of God. "which I have not commanded him to speak"

"We didn't start the fire"

Jeremiah has 8 letters, Nebuchadnezzar has 14 letters. 8+14 is 22. When Hitler was sworn in as Chancellor in 1933, there were 22 generals in the German Army. Coincidence? I think not!

Youll believe this before youll believe Jesus is the one true path? Thats a little strange to me, but hey, we're all just "bat-shit" insane right?

guilt - fear - mass insanity....

3 cheers for christianity.

fuck god, he doesnt exist.

of course since he doesnt exist....there will be no fucking :P

he was created by weak minded people who passed down a myth to thier children who in turn have caused more death and suffering than a real loving god would have allowed - either he doesnt exist or he is a all powerfull child with a magnifying glass and humans are the ants.

Roy

I would say the people who created the bible and the books who is in it, had to be very smart people! Of course if it was not a god who told them what to write! Perfect way to controll people, and turn different groups at each other, protect their tribe for the dangorous outside!

God help us if the bible is the truth!

No. I did not say that Job's friends were judging Job. Of course, they were. Their sin was that they were explaining God's reasons. They told Job that God only punishes for bad.

God let them know - shutup!!

If thier sin was explaining Gods reasons, then all the prophets before and after Job would have been sinning from the beginning. It is not right to say that God is punishing someone for what they did, but I also cannot say that he isnt either. One is a judgement against someone, the other is being open to the truth (whether it is the truth or not), we shloud all fear Gods power if we are going to trust in his love.

The Bible was written over 1500 years. Does anyone in today's times get to add a chapter?
Maybe Jerry Falwell. Ernest Angeley. The Dali Lama. Rev. Wright. The Pope.
The Book of Mormon was written on golden tablets by God himself and handed to Joseph Smith in an apple orchard.
What about Islam?
God, nor Buddha, nor the boogie man sent Hitler. But lucky for us he finally got sent to see his good pal the Devil.

You used an interesting term - prophet. In order to speak for God one must be a prophet. But we have also been instructed to beware false prophets, correct?

In other words, those who claim to speak for God must not be taken at face value. The ONLY people who may do so have the power of prophesy.

God hasn't spoken to me. He hasn't told me what he thinks. He hasn't told me why it was 103 here last Saturday and only 68, cloudy with intermittent showers today - one week later.

The Bible says that the truth is that NOBODY can comprehend God. Nobody shall purport to speak for God without his express authorization. And even those who are authorized to speak for God may say what God allows.

NOBODY is entitled to their own opinion about why God does things. Right? Only GOD knows why, and if he wants us to know, he'll tell us.

A person giving their opinion about why God does things, unless armed with the power of prophesy for that specific prophesy, has sinned against the Lord. So says the Book of Job. And Deuteronomy. It is variously ascribed, as well, in the New Testament.

Are you a prophet? Has God told you why He has done things? if the answer is yes, let me know.

If God has not specifically told you why He has done certain things, then follow God's advice - SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. Learn from the mistakes of Eliphaz and his "two friends."

THat's the Truth - you don't know. Nobody knows. And self-anointing oneself as a prophet for the sake of making oneself righteous is ALSO a sin, for it is an offense to God to say you've got his ear when you do not.

And, yes. Unless otherwise verified in the good book or confirmed, any self0described prophet is false. I.e., would you consider john Smith to be a prophet? If not, why not? John Smith has a helluva lot more credibility as a prophet than do Fallwell and Robertson.

What about Muhammed. A few hundred million seem to think that he was also a prophet. Do you believe he was a prophet? Why or why not?

And does not God state in the Decalogue (as related by the prohet Moses) that You shall not make ywrongful use of the name of the Lord your God? The Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name? Doesn't that go back to what I've been saying?

How about calling Jesus God or a God? Shouldn't you have no other Lords before God? Yet there is Jesus, right?

You shall make no idol, yet there is a crucifix, and the Sistine Chapel itself is loaded with graven images, ain't it?

These are the inherent problems I see with those who proselytize about "God's will." THey don't know shit. They CANNOT know shit. How do we know this? Because He Himself said so.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The Bible was written over 1500 years. Does anyone in today's times get to add a chapter?
Maybe Jerry Falwell. Ernest Angeley. The Dali Lama. Rev. Wright. The Pope.
The Book of Mormon was written on golden tablets by God himself and handed to Joseph Smith in an apple orchard.
What about Islam?
God, nor Buddha, nor the boogie man sent Hitler. But lucky for us he finally got sent to see his good pal the Devil.

The Gospel says that there are children of the devil. If Hiltler was not one, then I dont know who is. I havent fallen into the rhetoric of the average evangelical. I follow the Gospel, not man. Talking about such things is not inline with the Gospel. The end will come irregardless of these coversations, which seem to disturb the greater sought peace in the spirit.

I think you mean the Gospel was written over 1500 yrs ago...the Bible itself is older.

Are you a prophet? Has God told you why He has done things? if the answer is yes, let me know.

>>>>Of course not. I seek to live in accordance with the Gospel.

If God has not specifically told you why He has done certain things, then follow God's advice - SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. Learn from the mistakes of Eliphaz and his "two friends."

>>>>One of us is not discerning properly. Jobs' freinds were no more righteous than Job, but they considered Jobs' "punishment" as being for just what you said (God punishing evil), however, that is not what the book of Job is about, because we know that God does punish, as he punished sin on the cross and bore the punishment himself. What Job is about is that God did these things to Job (who was considered righteous in Gods sight), therefore, "it rains on the righteous and the unrighteous". God does what God wants, of course no one knows why. I agree with you about the dangers of speaking for God when he has not spoken...I believe thats what I have been saying.

THat's the Truth - you don't know. Nobody knows. And self-anointing oneself as a prophet for the sake of making oneself righteous is ALSO a sin, for it is an offense to God to say you've got his ear when you do not.

>>>>From you rationale, it sounds as if your believing there should be no teachers of the Gospel? Since speaking the truth of the Gospel, in your eyes, is speaking for God? I dont think anyone who follows Jesus should/would call himself a prophet. Again, you and I agree completely on the misrepresentaion of Gods voice. I may be misunderstanding you.

And, yes. Unless otherwise verified in the good book or confirmed, any self0described prophet is false. I.e., would you consider john Smith to be a prophet? If not, why not? John Smith has a helluva lot more credibility as a prophet than do Fallwell and Robertson.

>>>>No, I dont consider Joseph Smith a prophet. And as I have been saying all along, I approach all "prophets" with extreme caution. Give me a humble and loving freind who follows Jesus, give me a servant of the servants, that is where God is speaking now a days, Like mother Teresa.

What about Muhammed. A few hundred million seem to think that he was also a prophet. Do you believe he was a prophet? Why or why not?

>>>>Yes, I believe Muhammed is a prophet. I dont believe he is the final prophet and I certainly dont believe he supercedes Jesus. Because, this goes back to Genesis 16 when God told Hagar that her son, Ishmael, will be against his brothers (descendants of Issac). Muhammed is a descendant of Ishmael, Jesus is a Jewish descendant of Issac. However, anyone who executes judgement on others in the name of God will be subject to the same judgement.

The Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name? Doesn't that go back to what I've been saying?

>>>>I dont understand how teaching the Gospel and learning from it is misusing his name?

How about calling Jesus God or a God? Shouldn't you have no other Lords before God? Yet there is Jesus, right?

>>>>Are you saying that Jesus was just a man? If so, you are in danger of falling into the same trap the Pharisees and saducees did. I cant reveal who Jesus is to you. And, Jesus told us the number one commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul, and strength. Jesus (God) brought us back to God with his own blood (his love for us)

You shall make no idol, yet there is a crucifix, and the Sistine Chapel itself is loaded with graven images, ain't it?

>>>>Honoring God is not the same as worshiping an idol. However, I agree with you, just becasue you honor God with things or carrying a cross, or building something ect..., does not make you righteous in the heart. I leave it up to God to make that judgement, as for me, I will rest on repentance and the blood of Jesus for my sins.

These are the inherent problems I see with those who proselytize about "God's will." THey don't know shit. They CANNOT know shit. How do we know this? Because He Himself said so.

>>>>Agreed. Jesus tells us that the will of God is to believe in the one he sent, not to prophecy about things God hasnt clearly spoken about. I understand your frustration with modern day evangelicals, I have many of the same frustrations, but God is speaking, has been speaking, and will continue to speak whether we speak or not...Look...

Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" 40"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

All I have said is that I am open to his voice and I fear his power.