lawrocket

Is Hillary Done?

I'm watching MSNBC, and they just declared Hillary the winner in Indiana after spending some time mentioning that she may be hanging it up. She eked it out.

Obama wiped her out in NC and should be getting tonight a 13 delegate gain - wiping out her Pennsylvania win.

I can't see her dropping out. She'll post hoc rationalize. I think it'll stay interesting.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I can't see her dropping out.

I hope she doesn't. Of the two of them, I would much rather see her in the White House. I don't like her, but I like Obama even less.

Either way, November's choice will be between bad or worse. [:/]
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I'm watching MSNBC, and they just declared Hillary the winner in Indiana after spending some time mentioning that she may be hanging it up. She eked it out.

Obama wiped her out in NC and should be getting tonight a 13 delegate gain - wiping out her Pennsylvania win.

I can't see her dropping out. She'll post hoc rationalize. I think it'll stay interesting.

If Hillary doesn't weasel out a super-delegate presidental nomination,I think she's in line to be McCain's vice president.

Newt Gingrich likes her again now that he's not running, her relationship with Rupert Murcoch is interesting, she'd bring McCain a fair number of her supporters who despise Obama, and Clinton Congressional Collateral among the Democrats couldn't hurt their chances of accomplishing things once elected.

She will take this to the convention. These primaries are meaningless as long as the party has superdelegates.

She and President Clinton remolded the party running up to the 1992 election. This is theirs...in their view.

If the party is damaged, so be it. She is not going to abandon her path to power over something as meaningful as the democratic process. :S

I'm simply enjoying the view.

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If Hillary doesn't weasel out a super-delegate presidental nomination,

That would be seriously problematic for the Democrats. It would hand McCain the win IMO. I think the super delegates know that.

I think she's in line to be McCain's vice president.
Newt Gingrich likes her again now that he's not running, her relationship with Rupert Murcoch is interesting, she'd bring McCain a fair number of her supporters who despise Obama, and Clinton Congressional Collateral among the Democrats couldn't hurt their chances of accomplishing things once elected.

I could see that. It won't happen because of the obvious rupture to both parties. I don't think that they could pull a centrist party together in such a short time. But I'll admit that it would be fun to listen to talk radio. Rush et al. would poop all over themselves.

Done like dinner.

stick a fork in her

no - please - someone just stick a fork in her

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Fork? Surely you're thinking of a wooden stake.

Man, she just won't die!! Did you read the news this morning? She just lent herself 6.4 Million Dollars to keep on fighting. Well, her hubby (if you would call him that) managed to pull off enough last second turnarounds to call himself the 'Comeback Kid.'. We'll see what she pulls out of her ass. I would be all in favor of sticking a wooden stake in her and sending her back to the hell she came from, but it's up to the voters!
=========Shaun ==========

Hillary will fight until the bitter end. She will do whatever it takes to win. She is trying to get the votes for FL and MI to count. She will canive, beg, steal, and borrow and do whatever it takes to get the superdelegates to vote for her. It will be fun to watch.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

She just lent herself 6.4 Million Dollars to keep on fighting.

To date, she has lent herself more than 10 million dollars. How does a presidential candidate loan themselves money, and where do they expect to get it back? I doubt she is going to make another $10 million from more sales of "It takes a Village".

Think the President doesn't cash in? Think there's not money involved? How much do you think Bush has made in the last eight years?

Follow the money.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

We can only hope.

My personal opinion is that she has shown every reason why she should NEVER be president. Going into this process I didn't feel that any of the three were particularly bad. Since then, she's proven me wrong.

Personally, I hope Obama gets nominated (and the Presidency), but I won't be unhappy if McCain gets in either. This country has had WAY too many years under a Clinton or Bush IMO.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

She will take this to the convention. These primaries are meaningless as long as the party has superdelegates.

She and President Clinton remolded the party running up to the 1992 election. This is theirs...in their view.

If the party is damaged, so be it. She is not going to abandon her path to power over something as meaningful as the democratic process. :S

I'm simply enjoying the view.

Clinton is only in the Race to help bloody up Obama politicallyB|B|. The McCain handlers were not in any mood to address Obama's pass or confront him on issues thus "Operation Chaos" was born.

If not for all the commandos, volunteers, and other operatives in Indiana this thing would be over. With any luck we will see this thing though to the convention.:D That will be the View your looking for.

We can only hope.

My personal opinion is that she has shown every reason why she should NEVER be president. Going into this process I didn't feel that any of the three were particularly bad. Since then, she's proven me wrong.

Personally, I hope Obama gets nominated (and the Presidency), but I won't be unhappy if McCain gets in either. This country has had WAY too many years under a Clinton or Bush IMO.

Blues,
Ian

Well said. Her blatant pandering and increasingly desperate negative attacks showed her to be the lowest of politicians. A 3 month suspension of the federal gas tax (18 cents/gal) is a joke. Before that, it was not clear to me why her negatives were so high. Did she pull this sort of crap running for senate in NY?

To me Hilary is every thing I hate about politics and politicians. She has no shame she will speak in any accent and do any thing to get a vote. I want some one with some principle and an identity that doesn’t change with every state she is in.

Out of the 3 I would love to see Obama win. I do think we need a significant change in the way things are done in Washington.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

To me Hilary is every thing I hate about politics and politicians. She has no shame she will speak in any accent and do any thing to get a vote. I want some one with some principle and an identity that doesn’t change with every state she is in.

I see many of these same characteristics in Obama. He's just more charismatic when he displays them.

To date, she has lent herself more than 10 million dollars. How does a presidential candidate loan themselves money, and where do they expect to get it back? I doubt she is going to make another $10 million from more sales of "It takes a Village".

I think that John Glenn is STILL saddled with debt from his 1984 election. Like $3 million worth.

Still, that's probably only a couple of speaking engagements for her husband.

>I see many of these same characteristics in Obama.

You mean how he hopped on the "gas tax holiday" bandwagon? And immediately disowned Rev. Wright?

....and the sources of his campaign money, and his willingness to use diplomacy, and his consistency of message, and his desire to talk about issues of substance and his desire to sling less mud......

I see many of these same characteristics in Obama. He's just more charismatic when he displays them.

What is interesting about Obama is that he is campaigning as the anti-politician politician. Kinda like an anti-missile missile. And Obama will take stances that the polls don't support, like the gas tax issue.

Secondly - it appears that Democratic voters are over the Wright thing. It's interesting - so many suggested that Obama thre him under the bus a month ago. Then they suggested that he threw Wright under the bus last week.

Third - it may be Obama's charisma, to a great extent. Clinton makes suggestions and quotes and intimations that just seem ridiculous and in bad faith.

Hillary is too much like Bush in that she seems to fail to understand that no amount of spin can convince anyone other than the die hards what she is saying - and the die hards need no convincing, anyway.

>I see many of these same characteristics in Obama.

You mean how he hopped on the "gas tax holiday" bandwagon? And immediately disowned Rev. Wright?

No to the first, yes to the second (I don't think he handled the Wright non-issue very well). I agree with Obama on the fuel tax holiday. I think it's a bad idea. In fact, in terms of quantity, I agree with Obama on more issues. In terms of issues most important to me that the two differ on (e.g. healthcare), I find Clinton's proposals more agreeable.

Of course, I don't really care for either one of them, and think better candidates were eliminated in the primaries. They both pander to their audiences. Of the two, I believe Obama is the worse, albeit preferable to McCain.