lawrocket

Is Hillary Done?

Please tell all of us which VPs have been chosen to show diversity

Look at the last 3 picks:

Kerry adds Edwards to get some Southern exposure. 4 years earlier, Gore picks Lieberman for the opposite reason, to get some NE exposure. Bush tapped Chaney to get older insider exposure for those afraid of a guy campaigning as an outsider, and one who couldn't run a business successfully.

How well would Kerry-Lieberman go over in Georgia?

Clinton says she's open to being Obama's VP

Personally I'd rather see Edwards in the VeeP spot. The idea of a Obama/Clinton ticket for the sake of unity makes sense but, given that the VP spot is now more powerful than ever in history, if I were Obama I'd be concerned with her overstepping her bounds and creating problems for him.

He's a double-damned fool if he does

As much of an Obama supporter as I am, if he's fool enough to do this he completely loses my vote in November.

Right now, Obama has my vote, but if the election were tomorrow and Hillary was on the ticket as veep, I'd write in someone. Maybe rehmwa and lawrocket.

I hear Ralph Nader's running again.....

As much as I can understand your feeling the way you do, we all need to recognize that the real choice will be either McCain or Obama.

I don't think Obama will take the Clintons on his ticket. As mnealtx says, he's a double-damned fool if he does. And I don't think he's a fool.

As for Heil Hillary, she is some piece of work. She still won't conced (how gracious), but EXPECTS to be offered the running mate slot. It is her birthright apparently. It hasn't sunk in on her that she can still lose the election for the Dems in the fall.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

:D:D ...and Round Two begins. :D

So, she got less votes, and declared victory.
Then, she asked O to give her some money to pay off her bills. She has since been campaigning "with" him.

This week... msn

Obama clinched the nomination after a sometimes bitter primary contest with Clinton. Amid reports that some Clinton backers hope to raise her profile at the convention or even continue to push her candidacy, Clinton and Obama were publicly trying to ease the strained relations that exist between some of their supporters.

"push her candidacy" ?

I especially liked the "publicly trying to ease the strained relations".

One such issue is whether there will be a convention roll call on Clinton's nomination, he said.

"I'm letting our respective teams work out details," he said. Asked if that meant he wouldn't object to her name being placed in nomination and a vote taken, Obama said: "I didn't say that. I said that they're working it out."

It's gotta be tough to travel around the country with someone who is using your money to promote herself while cutting your throat... and then be polite.

Clinton has not said whether she will seek a formal vote on her bid for the nomination.

Somehow, not taking a position is just like stating one.

"We will ensure that the voices of everyone who participated in this historic process are respected and our party is fully unified heading into the November election," Clinton wrote. "While no decisions have been made yet, I will make sure that we keep you up to date and involved with all of the convention activity."

No decisions... except by the voters.

As the First Husband continued to slam him...

Asked whether Obama was prepared to become president, the former president replied, "You can argue that nobody is ready to be president," and said he himself learned a lot in his first year on the job.

The remark was widely viewed as tepid and unenthusiastic,

So BC didn't "ease any strained relations".
:D

I keep remembering the old SNL skit, Goatboy, with Jim Breuer. He'd come out there braying and attacking some women until they controlled him with the cattle prod again. Where is Hillary's cattle prod today?

Why does Obama put up with the obvious backstabbing?

Is Hillary done? Apparently not.

I'd just like to close with Told You So...
:D

And hey... if you can count something, it's "fewer" not "less" when you quantify it.

And "is"... we can talk about the truth or lose ourselves in the Sophistry of the Attorney...

Fewer... lesser... morer... talk about the words, not the truth in the content.

It seems pretty obvious that she has lied to Obama from the start.

Is this her idea of "supporting" him?

He asks his backers to pay off her campaign debts, and she stabs him in the back with another campaign stunt? Her backers are trying to put her name in nomination?

She, self-admittedly, is out of money.
She travels around with him and uses his money and media events to promote herself.

What a two-faced con artist.
She makes me ill.

Antother prediction;

The Dem Convention is going to be one of the most entertaining in history.

I am looking forward to it:)

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

And hey... if you can count something, it's "fewer" not "less" when you quantify it.

And "is"... we can talk about the truth or lose ourselves in the Sophistry of the Attorney...

Fewer... lesser... morer... talk about the words, not the truth in the content.

It seems pretty obvious that she has lied to Obama from the start.

Is this her idea of "supporting" him?

He asks his backers to pay off her campaign debts, and she stabs him in the back with another campaign stunt? Her backers are trying to put her name in nomination?

She, self-admittedly, is out of money.
She travels around with him and uses his money and media events to promote herself.

What a two-faced con artist.
She makes me ill.

Obama is the one not fulling his promise to her. She has ponied up.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Obama is the one not fulling his promise to her. She has ponied up.

I'm not sure how that works. He was supposed to help her get money. She was going to support his campaign. That was the deal.

Obama was supposed to get some of his backers to help HC pay off some of her campaign debts. I can't imagine that there is a way that this could be guaranteed.

Let's face it, HC is probably as popular among O supporters as lice in the nether regions. How could he sell her as a friend?

Next, from the HC side, do you think that she has done her part? Bringing "healing"? Or just positioning herself back in the media spotlight again?

It seems to me that she made public appearances for her own benefit, not his. I think she set him up and wants to make another run at the nomination.

Otherwise, she would flatly state that she is not to be brought up for nomination by her supporters.
She hasn't done that.

I haven't heard O say one negative thing towards her.
I haven't heard HC give unconditional support to him.

Antother prediction;

The Dem Convention is going to be one of the most entertaining in history.

I am looking forward to it:)

I GET IT NOW. I GET IT.

Yesterday, the ems created a platform policy guaranteeing health care for all - a move towards the Clinton side of things. Obama's never said much about being for that, but it was pivotal in Hillary's losing effort.

She's been making some stinks, and I believe I know her plan. Recall that back in 1993 and 1994, she was the leader of her husband's commiecare health task force. Now, her camp is making some suggestions about power plays.

How's this? She will NOT be veep. She will not be POTUS. She will be appointed as the nation's first Health Care Czar.

The Dems WILL hold Congress and take the Presidency. Communist healthcare will become a priority of the new congress. Senator Clinton will help push this through, and a new Cabinet department will be created. And who will control this department and 1/7 of the nation's economy?

Why, none other than ex-Senatory Hillary Rodham Clinton. This is better than the senate (no need to campaign and funraise and pay off campaign debts). No need for election. Nobody in the Dems would DARE vote against her confirmation, andd the GOP will be so disheveled they couldn't mount any serious threat of filibuster.

Thus, lawrocket's prediction - "socialized" health care will be a reality, and the spoils shall go to Hillary Clinton.

The Democratic Party owes Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton owes Hillary. And she will get what she has wanted for the last fifteen years - the power. The last thing she wants is to be Harris Wofford reiterated.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

almost wanted to start another thread about this.

But the Dems fucked themselves in the '72 election by showing themselves as dis-unified.

With the recent Hillary rallying, will the Clintons fuck up the Democratic Convention, & thereby blow the election for Obama?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------