NickDG

Time Magazine Cover . . .

What a pile of sanctimonious shit. There is nothing wrong with the picture. Iwo Jima is symbolic of victory in a titanic struggle after arduous struggle and sacrifice; the editors are suggesting that the global warming struggle will be arduous and require great sacrifice. Whether or not you agree with their comparison is irrelevant. You sound like the Muslim crazies screaming for blood because someone dared depict the prophet in a cartoon. What are you going to do, issue a fatwa?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sniff Sniff..... whats that smell..... Oh yeah I remeber that odor.... Its the speakers corner......

Yea. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

I'm guessing all the mods are asleep and that's the only reason it's lasted this long. :D

Quick, let's see how many posts we can get in on this bitch before it's ditched...WEEEEEE, it's like train hopping...you ain't supposed to be there, but it sure is fuuuuun!!!! :D:D[:/]B|

...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

That photo is in the most astoundingly bad taste.

If that is something that the editors think is appropriate, then I question their basic judgment.

It would be one thing to depict that in an editorial, but I think it deplorable that they actually made it the cover.

Oh, and I think I finally got a fresh post in speakers corner, without having to go there!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

It would be one thing to depict that in an editorial, but I think it deplorable that they actually made it the cover.

What, exactly, would be the difference?

I have no issue with it...

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

This is really messed up.

Almost 7000 Marines died on Iwo Jima including three from the flag raising photo.

No matter the issue there's just some things you don't screw around with . . .

NickD :|

those that understand the original sculpture will agree, those that don't will not

it is more than just a sculpture and to use it in this manner is at a minimum distasteful
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Sad and pathetic.

And I though that "Climate Change" was the new term since the "Global Warming" wasnt quite what the Tree huggers hoped it would be.

I of course have a great soultion for the "Green House Gas" problem. Go back to using Aerosol Cans and Freon (Chlorofluorocarbons) so that we can reopen the hole in the ozone. Then all the green house gases can esacpe.:S:D

Almost 7000 Marines died on Iwo Jima including three from the flag raising photo.

It seems like a pretty fair statement that people care more about the environment than they do about sending teenagers to die in distant lands. I'm sure Al Gore on a crucifix was a close runner-up but it dilutes the meaning to put one face on it.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

That photo of Iwo Jima was staged just like the Time photo. So what's the big deal? >http://www.ibew.org/articles/01journal/0106/IwoJima.htm ;) The real photographer got fucked on the photo of the real flag raising. More fuckin U.S propaganda.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I think you are upset for no good reason.

It simply indicates that the photo has become an icon. I don't think icon status implies any disrespect - just the opposite.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Sad and pathetic.

And I though that "Climate Change" was the new term since the "Global Warming" wasnt quite what the Tree huggers hoped it would be.

I of course have a great soultion for the "Green House Gas" problem. Go back to using Aerosol Cans and Freon (Chlorofluorocarbons) so that we can reopen the hole in the ozone. Then all the green house gases can esacpe.:S:D

Sounds like a great plan to me!!!
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson