Faber

USA,who are you to tell people?

Truthfully, I'm having a hard time understanding your English and spelling. And I work with 6th & 7th graders; you'd think I'd be better at interpreting poor grammar.

I'm normally not too interested in debating foreign policies with those outside the USA. They have a skewed view of us as we do them I'm sure.

Even I am an alien too, I have no problems to understand Stefan's English :|

What bugs me is your statement about not beeing interested in debating foreign... etc. .."of those outside the USA"... Who, do you think, knows more about foreign policy if not the one living "outside the USA"? Or is it just pure ignorance, or kinda lack of interest in your side....? I personally would take every little chance to talk to aliens, to hear their opinions (if about my own country or others..)

"I'm normally not too interested......" Poor statement, really. :S

(Just came back from South Africa, spent there many weeks - came back with tons of new inspirations....)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

And we've also seen the results of thinking first and acting never - the Clinton Administratrion's response to increasing attacks from Osama bin Laden.

Most of the guys who were" not taking any action" during the Clinton Administration cant or will not talk about it.... He allowed the professionals to do what he could given the political climate he had to work with.
Had he tried the same thing the current Administration has done he would have been successfully impeached for the actions by the right wing congress.
ONLY 9/11 has given the politicians the will and ability to have the current OVERT War.. instead of the very covert actions done to target specific individuals all over the world.

I'm not the most travelled or experienced person in the world, but I've been to a bunch of different countries and I've never been shy about talking politics to people in those countries. Why? Because more often than not, I find that what they think about American politics and actions are usually skewed at best or flat out incorrect at worst. Everyone always seems to make fun of how ignorant Americans are... well, they're right... there are tons of ignorant people here. Guess what? There's TONS more ignorant people outside of the US too! For all the yakking that our European counterparts do about how well informed they all think they are, my experiences with the normal "guys-on-the-street" in different countries suggests otherwise. Don't assume that because someone has an accent that they know what they're talking about.
Oh, hello again!

..... Guess what? There's TONS more ignorant people outside of the US too! For all the yakking that our European counterparts do about how well informed they all think they are, my experiences with the normal "guys-on-the-street" in different countries suggests otherwise. Don't assume that because someone has an accent that they know what they're talking about.

Right, there are. Tons of folks, ignorant regarding the US and my little dirty country same way.

Pls note: There are not only Europeans as "counterparts" in the world - do not shove all your disappointments down our throats. From the years I lived in the FE, I still have many friends and family there: Did you ever bother to hear "their" views? And a view from "the East" could be interesting too, right? Just a question :$ ...

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Pls note: There are not only Europeans as "counterparts" in the world - do not shove all your disappointments down our throats. From the years I lived in the FE, I still have many friends and family there: Did you ever bother to hear "their" views? And a view from "the East" could be interesting too, right? Just a question :$ ...

EXACTLY - that's exactly how "some" of us feel when someone like the OP starts talking.

But I still sleep fine.

((Trent's point was simple, we are all pretty much alike and can't figure out why so many people try to say otherwise))

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>If we had just left Iraq with Hussein . . .

. . . the civil war would have started that much sooner, and Uday Hussein would now be in charge of the military dictatorship that rose from the massacre. You really want that? Uday makes Saddam look like an angel. Heck, he might have actually started a WMD program.

>Bush's response has reduced al Queda to making idle
>threats against the US. If we had just left Iraq . . .

Right wingers keep forgetting this, but Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11 (other than incidentally, by strengthening Al Qaeda and giving them a real live training ground where they can learn to kill americans)

EXACTLY - that's exactly how "some" of us feel when someone like the OP starts talking.

But I still sleep fine.

((Trent's point was simple, we are all pretty much alike and can't figure out why so many people try to say otherwise))

Oh NO! - That can't really be your serious reply - is it that hard to understand that there is more than Europeans as "counterparts"??? Rehmwa-ha-ha, please.....

There is an entire world around you and me, isn't it? What he called "counterparts" could refer to every part of the world, not only the US and Europe.... man! Don't leave me lost like that :S

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

My personal opinion is that the reason the rest of the world hates the US so much, is because they're jealous of our big cohones and wish they could be as badass as we are.
This ad space for sale.

My personal opinion is that the reason the rest of the world hates the US so much, is because they're jealous of our big cohones and wish they could be as badass as we are.

FUCKIN' A, BUBBA

Oh NO! - That can't really be your serious reply - is it that hard to understand that there is more than Europeans as "counterparts"???

no no no - I mean.... Your feelings to his comments as reflected in your 'response' is exactly how we feel - like we are bundled into some simple stereotype. Just like you felt you were.

but we are all 'counterparts' to some extent in that the differences in individuals is so much more profound than the stereotypes of a single nation that seem so prolific - as the irony of the OP showed

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

While I can see that it came off as talking mainly about Europeans... I've travelled to countries in Asia, the Middle East, and South America numerous times and that is also where my opinion comes from. So, yes, I've heard more than what you assumed were only European views and they're still very similar in their varying degrees of misinformation or inaccuracy.
Oh, hello again!

it was both.

No, it really wasn't. The US did not maintain rotate 3+ divisions worth of troops in Saudi Arabia post-Desert Storm. In fact, it was during the late 90s when we began our complete withdrawl from Saudi Arabia.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

>If we had just left Iraq with Hussein . . .

. . . the civil war would have started that much sooner, and Uday Hussein would now be in charge of the military dictatorship that rose from the massacre. You really want that? Uday makes Saddam look like an angel. Heck, he might have actually started a WMD program.

You make quite a leap to presume he would have been the victor. Or even alive. Honestly, I'm not sure what scenario is any worse than today's, with 3000 American soldiers killed, and lots of Iraqis dead. Toppling their government seems to be easy enough - we could do it again.

>Bush's response has reduced al Queda to making idle
>threats against the US. If we had just left Iraq . . .

Right wingers keep forgetting this, but Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11 (other than incidentally, by strengthening Al Qaeda and giving them a real live training ground where they can learn to kill americans)

You know that's a strawman, and besides that, Bush's response involved much more than Iraq. Though he has failed to focus on capture, he did send a very strong message to nations about harboring groups of this type. It is an important change to US doctrine for this century.

>You make quite a leap to presume he would have been the victor.

Just as you're making quite a leap that it would have taken almost no casualties to get Hussein in the first place, back when his military was stronger.

>You know that's a strawman . . .

I know, but you keep using it!

>he did send a very strong message to nations about harboring groups of this type.

He did indeed. Pakistan now harbors Al Qaeda groups in a sanctuary on their border. The Pakistani government has come out and said that Osama bin Laden himself would be safe there as long as he behaves himself. Message - if you are friends with the US, you can get away with almost anything. If not, you may get invaded for no reason at all.

Dude,first rule.. dont ague whith americans..:ph34r:
i have no questions in this debate i just told my oppinion..

which were my true intenssions whith my post It got people up the chairs thinking,good or bad is not to me to deside,i know what i want which pretty much is said in my posts..

So.... I am still confused. What was your intent with this thread?

In public discussions.... one generally has communicative goals. By looking above, yours were either to A. insult a Nation that you don't understand (and seem to refuse to even try to understand our thinking) B. just state your opinion. C. encourage thoughtful consideration. You've given examples IN YOUR OWN WORDS of each.

It's not your English skills that I'm questioning (cuz your English is MUCH better than my Danish). I questioning your COMMUNICATION skills. If you were trying to intelligently discuss, it was VERY UNWISE to start the thread with such a negative and insulting slant toward America. I'm not saying "WE ARE PERFECT!!!" Far from it... but when you start the thread with an attacking stance, you're not going to get a lot of support. I took offense to your attitude. Because of that instictive response that I had to your insult, you might ASSUME that I'm an uncultured moron, ignorant of the world outside of MickeyD's and Football. But I'm not just a 250lb hillbilly sitting on my trailer stoop drinking my Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer (COLD - thank you). [after discussion with counsel I am editting to add: I am in no way inferring that I would be better than our friends jumping in the Tennessee, Kentucy or Carolina states.... or that there would be anything wrong with that lifestyle if it brought them happiness and/or peace] I've been to other countries, experienced other cultures, helped others of foreign nations.... but your post, and other ignorant American bashing ones like it, just piss me off. Why the hell are we supposed to try to understand your beliefs and world views when you make NO attempt to see from our prespective.

It's one thing to KNOW the foreign policy that you have issue with and post reasonable concerns... or discuss your perception of how to improve global relations. BUT you did NEITHER. You made incorrect statements (UK that announced a refurbishment of its weapons. Not the US.) You take a self rightous attitude ("If you want to be a animal be a animal and expect others to treat you so if you want to be human,expect others wont if your teaching them to be so then you better dont be the one whos getting teached... ") but yet don't walk the walk. If you expect to be treated nicely... don't be pissing on my foot! Treat me nicely... and you see a difference.

Ultimately.... I know America has problems. DUH! (you weren't going to win a prize with that revalation) But since it's my country, I will defend it and try to make changes internally. Hearing ignorant statements of foreign fools won't inspire me to run to my congressman/woman. Having intelligent discussions about other foreign policy and global relations might.

Think about it.

I personally would take every little chance to talk to aliens

I would too.. but only if I get to go for a ride on their spaceship.

You're not fooling anyone - you just want to be able to yell "DOOR" at 250,000 feet... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What bugs me is your statement about not beeing interested in debating foreign... etc. .."of those outside the USA"... Who, do you think, knows more about foreign policy if not the one living "outside the USA"?

I seriously doubt those outside the USA are privy to all the information I am about my own country. Most likely their view is seen through the lens of their own country's needs and wants. Or maybe I think people are too much like me. I know very little about your country, and quite frankly I don't care.

But the main point is they are unable to facilitate change, at least here in the USA. IF I were to discuss USA's policies,both domestic & foreign, I simply prefer to discuss it with fellow USA citizens because we are the only ones that can actually make a difference. I'm not right or wrong in my stance. It is simply my preference. Much like I do not like to discuss religion with fundamentalist.

steveOrino

A. insult a Nation that you don't understand (and seem to refuse to even try to understand our thinking)
B. just state your opinion.
C. encourage thoughtful consideration.
Think about it.

I think when people 'think' about it and finally figure out how close minded and insulting their comments are, they either: apologize and have a 'real' dialogue, or; go through the rationalization of your A then B then C excuses above and then disappear.

so progress is being made

You're not fooling anyone - you just want to be able to yell "DOOR" at 250,000 feet...

DUH... I still want to feel a sonic boom on my toes.... in a speed skydive...;)

:D:D:D

"What the hell was that?"

"Oh, that's just Jeanne bailing out of the flying saucer again..."
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm having a hard time understanding your English and spelling

well congrats you just entered the group of people who cant find more produtive things to say than finding spelling erros.. If you like to know i dont spell good in danish either perhaps i have a spelling problem,but hey ill let you fall in love whith that part it looks like it turns you on..

I'm normally not too interested in debating foreign policies with those outside the USA.

well go back in your box,its probaly the best..

You speak two ways out of your mouth. You say, "reread my posts dude,actualy im saying that things should have been done different" but your initial post said something entirely different. Again, you don't get it!

As a teacher you should be abel to read a post and analyce it,even find out other ways specialy as a poster claims somthing,but i guess you just dont get it either...

However, I do take exception of the cavaliar way you speak of my kid's sacrifice. I'd say more, but I'd probably get banned.

As i see i said NOTHING(spell cheked) bad OR whishing ANYTHING bad for your kids,so if you read it that way do so,i already figured that you´ll read any post and understand them as a offence to you or your family..If your scared getting banned then simply PM me,that aint public and as i know of it aint against the rules to tell people what you think about them in PM´s.. However dont expect me to reply:ph34r: But do so if you feel like it..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

IF I were to discuss USA's policies,both domestic & foreign, I simply prefer to discuss it with fellow USA citizens because we are the only ones that can actually make a difference

Your right,you deside if people should experience war in their country

You dont give a rats arse about people outside USA and probaly wanted to be a soldier to fight a war outside USA as long you dont get hurt or tortured..

Most likely their view is seen through the lens of their own country's needs and wants.

dude:ph34r::D if you just knew,but you never will..

Have a great life(now dont read that as i whish you dead harm you or in other ways whishing anything bad to you,its as i wrote it.. Have a great life..)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Stefan, a lot of it has to do with this:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/...y_id=3459&page=1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/...business/4990302.stm

http://www.energybulletin.net/7707.html

http://www.cpa.org.au/garchve05/1215iran.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CLA410A.html

[url]http://www.foreignpolicy.com/...y_id=3459&page=1[url]

Good to see your English is improving ;)
I can understand what you write now! :)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'