ntrprnr

OK< which one of you dumbasses was in Chicago this morning...

And which one of you owns a Porsche?!

By Dan P. Blake
Chicago Tribune staff reporter

September 29, 2006, 7:09 AM CDT

Chicago police this morning are looking for two parachutists who jumped from a skyscraper construction crane in the city's Streeterville neighborhood -- the second such stunt in just over a week.

Security cameras captured the two people as they floated down in Cityfront Plaza just east of Tribune Tower, one block off Michigan Avenue, around 4:30 a.m. Then, the jumpers get into a gray Porsche SUV and drive off.

"We can't have people jumping off cranes near the Tribune Tower and the NBC Tower," a Near North District police lieutenant said this morning.

Last week, Ron Bolden, a Tribune Tower security guard, called Chicago police after spotting three people gliding to the ground at Cityfront Plaza Drive between the Tribune's building and the NBC Tower, he said.

Bolden, a military veteran, said he was making his rounds outside Tribune Tower when he recognized the sound of a parachute opening, and when he looked up he saw blue and red parachutes opening just north of CityFront Plaza.

Chicago police reviewed surveillance video from that first jump and it showed three men getting out of a black SUV with heavy equipment about 20 minutes before they jumped, Bolden said. Later, after the men had landed unhurt, video showed them getting into the SUV and driving away, police said.

If caught, the jumpers could face misdemeanor charges of criminal trespass to land, police said.

I love this quote:

"We can't have people jumping off cranes near the Tribune Tower and the NBC Tower," a Near North District police lieutenant said this morning.

Totally reminds me of this one:

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

I love this quote:

Totally reminds me of this one:

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

:D:D:D Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I love this quote:

Why not? Its not like *everyone* is going to do it..

Rules are fine but living life is even better.. especially when it hurts no one.

You really think those dumbasses are going to "out" themselves on here??? There are certain authorities watching these forums for any clues... :S:S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You really think those dumbasses are going to "out" themselves on here??? There are certain authorities watching these forums for any clues... :S:S

Um... It was said more as a joking headline. No, I didn't expect that.

Um... It was said more as a joking headline. No, I didn't expect that.

No worries, I knew you were gleefully reporting it... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If caught, the jumpers could face misdemeanor charges of criminal trespass to land, police said.

So the landing is the only tresspass?:S Where did they land? You'd think that the tresspass would be the exit point part, not the landing.
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Excuse me??? I thought the role of the police was to enforce the law, not to decide what should or shouldn't be legal.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So the landing is the only tresspass?:S Where did they land? You'd think that the tresspass would be the exit point part, not the landing.

"To Land"= With regard to a piece of real estate. i.e. the crane. Land in this case is a noun, not a verb.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Excuse me??? I thought the role of the police was to enforce the law, not to decide what should or shouldn't be legal.

They're not making the law here, they are basing their opinions off existing law.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

So technically, if you base and land on you get away vehicle..Your not trespassing:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?