Amazon

War in Iraq is not about the Oil...... RIIIIIIIGHT.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4354269.stm

Mr Aljibury, once Ronald Reagan's "back-channel" to Saddam, claims that plans to sell off Iraq's oil, pushed by the US-installed Governing Council in 2003, helped instigate the insurgency and attacks on US and British occupying forces.

"Insurgents used this, saying, 'Look, you're losing your country, you're losing your resources to a bunch of wealthy billionaires who want to take you over and make your life miserable,'" said Mr Aljibury from his home near San Francisco.

"We saw an increase in the bombing of oil facilities, pipelines, built on the premise that privatisation is coming."

I guess Syriana is not all that far from reality after all.

Do you hear the silent black helicopter to?.....

Obviously not. :D

where:owhere:o

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Interestingly, it's not about oil. The fact of the matter is that there is very little oil left. Why do you think the Britian is taking another serious look at nuclear power?

Iran is not after nukes, it's also really trying to set up nuclear power. They realize that the oil is all but gone. They haven't let it filter out to the common man yet, otherwise there would be chaos. Mark my words, the oil is all but gone.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

"Mark my words, the oil is all but gone."
Mark my words, there is shed loads of oil left, its just unpalatably expensive to get out.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

amazon: "i object to g-master's post your honor!"

judge: "...and why is that."

amazon: "because, it's devastating to my case!"

judge: "overruled."

amazon: "good call!"
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Mark my words, the oil is all but gone.

Not in Alberta.

or in my garage floor

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Oh thats right it was not on Newsmax or Fox.... those wonderful CENTRIST news sources( As tnelson claims them to be:S) so it CAN'T possibly be true.

Face it.. yall need to look at something else once in a while....the view from different sources is imperitive to understanding what the REST of the world is seeing.

Unless you work in oil exploration and more specifically in Iraq how do you know this. Geographicly speaking we are talking about a country nestled into the heart of the heaviest oil concentration in the world. furthermore this is all "low-hanging fruit" in the region, as in 15$-25$/barrel to produce. In the case of Iraq 5$-6$/barrel and far from used up. There was enogh there for the U.S. to be purchasing 2 million barrels/day through the oil for food program right up to the invasion. Who knows what capacity the industry was running at, Oil companies know but its a bit of a hot button issue so my guess is we will hear very little about it.
It is insulting to suggest that crude oil is not the reason for the interest in the region. The question now is who will come out on top and control it all and what will the cost of this control be.

You just don’t get it do you.

You try to actually think for your self and use facts now you know the right doesn’t like facts.

Lets pretend their WMD and the people of Iraq begged for our heroic troops to come and save them.
There freedom fighters oops sorry insurgents are all from other countries that for no others reason then that they are crazy hate us.

I just don’t get it why so many are so naïve. It is as clear as day but for some they would rather die oh wait I mean let others die then admit they were wrong, are still wrong, and show no sign of improvement.[:/]
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I just don’t get it why so many are so naïve. It is as clear as day but for some they would rather die oh wait I mean let others die then admit they were wrong, are still wrong, and show no sign of improvement

Its simple.. the war has not come home to roost on THEIR own doorsteps... They have not been impacted personally or financially..... they.... like those in THIS administration have avoided going into harms way... their children have not gone into harms way .
Patriotism is far easier when its not you or yours facing getting body parts being blown off.

But . . . you claimed YOU were the centrist around here!

Lets do a little test...

I have voted for Republican moderates and even some conservatives. and I have voted for some Democratic Liberals and Moderates.

HAve you ever voted for anything OTHER than a strict REPUBICan party line????

I SERIOUSLY doubt most of the Ultra Right Fundies in SC.. ever have.

HAve you ever voted for anything OTHER than a strict REPUBICan party line????

1. I voted for Jimmy Carter in '76. I was a senior in high school. My Dad almost disowned me when I told him. :P

2. More recently, I would've voted for "anyone but Bush" were it not for the fact that that "anyone" was John Kerry, the epitomy of an arrogant, elitist asshole. The democrats could've had my vote had they put up ANY reasonable candidate.

. . =(_8^(1)

Unfortunately, the world economy does depend on it, and so political events in the oil producing countries are important. Remember when tankers were being blown up by missiles in the Persian Gulf?

You make it sound like the US or Haliburton will take possesion of the oil. That is not the case. Haliburton and others will certainly benefit if they're chosen to help them get their valuable resource out of the ground, etc, but you imply much more than that.

I welcome the day when we don't need to care about oil being supplied to the world market from the middle east.

I also give Clinton credit for supporting NAFTA, and welfare reform, both of which were very unpopular within the democratic party. Can you give conservatives, or Bush credit for doing anything right?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Can you give conservatives, or Bush credit for doing anything right?

Post 9/11 I think the Administration did a very smart move in waging the war in Afghanistan. We had the support of the world to go after those who attacked us.

Conversely.. using 9/11 as a pretext to go into Iraq.. has lost us far more support than we had BEFORE 9/11

Strong support for defense has been good in SOME respects. Our people in uniform need good equipment and our support. High tech stuff is cool but MAN... you cant send people into harms way without giving them the best. The uparmor and bodyarmor we sent a lot of reservists and NG troops into harms way with is just criminal in its lack of adequacy.>:(

IF ( HUGE IF ) GW and friends would have STAYED THE COURSE in Afghanistan and got the people responsible for 9/11 they would still have my respect.