sundevil777

Brokeback mountain...

So Mommy, why does Walt fall in love with rl all over again when he reads some of her posts, but gets a pounding headache and breaks out in a cold sweat when he reads others?"

"Because sweetie, some men just don't know what's good for them. rl is a rollercoaster ride without a seatbelt or a lap bar."

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." William G. McAdoo

With all due respect, I disagree. Ignorance is sometimes curable. Uncooperativeness is not.

We see a lot of uncooperative participants here. They'll never be defeated. This helps to explain why they're uncooperative.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry it took so long to get to this, but it has been a busy day.

Unfortunately, my "Intolerance intolerance" tends to force a self-sustaining existential dichotomy with my refusal to self-loathe, which is in itself a form of intolerance!:S

Do you suffer from a similar problem?

No. Not at all. Zeno notwithstanding, all paradoxes are linguistic; they don't exist in the real world. Eventually, you will reach the finish line.

You have no reason to self-loathe. You just need to find new words to describe your intolerance of intolerance, and you'll be right as rain. Your assignment is a 10 page, typewritten, single-spaced essay, and I'll expect it on my desk in the morning.

In keeping with the current standards, your grade will be based 95% on grammar and spelling and 5% on content.

Think of it this way. For at least the next 12 hours, you'll be too busy writing about synonyms to even think about hating yourself.

Do you simply suppress it when "Bible-Basher" bashing?:ph34r:

And this would be the secret reason for your assignment above--I'm a vengeful bitch. :P

But smartass that you are, I will answer you anyway, because it dovetails quite nicely with my feelings about this thread.

I have no problem with people believing in God or even believing that the Judeo-Christian Bible is the literal word of God. I draw the line, however, at those who choose to proselytize to me. (Although I must admit that a few weeks ago I let a really nice lady at work witness to me because it made her joyful to do so. It was not a work of conversion; she just wanted me to know how God had changed her life. As to my non-belief, she smiled gently and told me she would add me to her prayers. I can handle that.)

What I don't get, what I will never get, is the people who think they have a right to dictate how someone else should live, because that person's life choices are repellent to them. It would be one thing if the control-freak could make a case for harm to someone besides the person s/he is trying to control, but I've never met anyone who can give a good reason why another person should live by his/her rules.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." William G. McAdoo

With all due respect, I disagree. Ignorance is sometimes curable. Uncooperativeness is not.

I believe that McAdoo intended it in the second sense below, which is pretty much what you wrote and what I mean also:

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, or a willful lack of desire to improve the efficiency, merit, effectiveness or usefulness of one's actions. [emphasis supplied]

There's a lot of that around here. Lack of knowledge is curable. Refusal of knowledge is not.

rl

>Weak and embarrasing, in my opinion.

Sorry. In the future I shall not use esoteric literary devices like analogy and irony, and stick to simple words.

It is bad to hate gays. Hate is bad. Accepting people who are different is good! It means less fights, and less sad people.

See those two people together who are happy? That's a good thing. See that person carrying on because two people are happy? It makes him an unhappy person!

The pics might look like they are taken at a party, but how to know? The hands weren't just on the outside of pants, the were also inside. Don't you think there should be a little more restrictive dress code?

Again, the anti-site might be a total fabrication. I would think that gay rights groups would be used to countering the assertions of this group, so it should be easy for you to show such info.

SunDevil - let's review. You can't even be sure the 'evidence' is real, yet you want people who haven't even been at this event to refute it for you?

Interesting standards of evidence you have.

BTW, isn't it great that Koetter's contract was extended? More years of ASU mediocrity!

I have seen some gay themed films on such networks as IFC and Sundance. I've always assumed these films were produced by gays. The one thing I have never gotten is that many times the gay characters are portrayed in a very negative light. I'm talking about characters who are consantly in failed relationships, practise promiscuity, drug use, depression and have lousy relationships with their families. The characters seem to always be portrayed as very sad. Assuming these films are written by gays, why is it that they don't seem to portray their characters in a positive light? I'm not asking this as a jab to the gay community, I'm just curious as to why?

I know I haven't seen a lot of gay themed films, so I know I am speaking with limited experience here.

Chris

The one thing I have never gotten is that many times the gay characters are portrayed in a very negative light.

You might be interested in reading the book (and/or seeing the associated documentary) "The Celluloid Closet" which explores the history of gay characters and stories in film. It considers this exact question in some detail.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

(Walt equated the extremist octogenarian agenda with being allowed to die in peace, while the militant homosexual agenda was two guys being allowed to kiss)

All I have to do is look at Bonfire awhile to know what the real extremist octogenarian agenda is. How many suggestive pictures of old people with "eeeeeewwwwww" and "my God I never want to see again" next to them have there been?

The extremist octogenarian agenda includes that, too. Acceptance that old people can be, and find each other, sexy. It's not just dirty old men.

"Mommy, why is Grandaddy kissing that lady?"

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Interesting standards of evidence you have.

I find it interesting that he has evidently spent quite some time trawling the site for the most suggestive and sexually charged photos.

Even watched a video of gay dancers at a strip club.

Interesting.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

(Walt equated the extremist octogenarian agenda with being allowed to die in peace, while the militant homosexual agenda was two guys being allowed to kiss)

Actually, I didn't know there was an extremist octogenarian agenda, but ok, let's go with that

All I have to do is look at Bonfire awhile to know what the real extremist octogenarian agenda is. How many suggestive pictures of old people with "eeeeeewwwwww" and "my God I never want to see again" next to them have there been?

The extremist octogenarian agenda includes that, too. Acceptance that old people can be, and find each other, sexy. It's not just dirty old men.

We live in a society that does not place much value on tradition or the people who have come before us. I see it is being simultaneously one of our greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses, but that's just the way our culture is.

"Mommy, why is Grandaddy kissing that lady?"

Because he's a perv like Walt!

Walt

You have it all wrong Keith> I am not hateful at all.

I admire many things homosexuals have done in history. For example, Tchaikovsky wrote some of the greatest music of all time. I refer to him as a Master Composer. The list is endless, but I can accept the man/woman as a human, and who has the opportunity to change their abominable sick lifestyle an come to know God, but I cannot and will not accept the things they do which God has stated are an abomination unto Him.

The WORD of God says " they are without (Spiritual) understanding, without natural affection, who knowing the judgement of God of those who commit such things, are worthy of death,(on judgment day) and they not only do those things, but have pleasure in themthat do them ( Romans 1:31-32)

As in most cases, when anyone challenges the indecents acts of homosexuals, they meet with resistance, not becase the partakers know their acts are correct, but because they wish to get sympathy from the normal people around them.

For example:
"Oh, its so unfair, we behave in such an indecent manner, and no one cares....ah, poor me"

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall NOT inherit the Kingdom of God? be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor EFFEMINATE, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor theives, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of God ( 1st Corinthians 6:9-10)

Because I simply point out to you Keith, that those ways are evil and an abomination to God, you say I am full of hate, which I am not. I am simply passing on the message as it is found in God's WORD.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Have a great Christmas celebrating the birth of God's Son, who came to save people like you.....and me.

Bill Cole

Okay....lerts change the name of Randolph Scott and take Ben Johnson, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, William Boyd, and many nmoire who 9 if you had accused them of being queer, they would have shot you wih a silver bullet )

Bill Cole

Furthermore: If I came across anyone bashing a gay person, I would be hard on protecting the gay person. I may not agree with his lifestyle, but I would not allow anyone to beat him because of it...not even at the point of a gun.

Bill Cole

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall NOT inherit the Kingdom of God? be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor EFFEMINATE, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor theives, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners shall inherit the kingdom of God ( 1st Corinthians 6:9-10)

Are all homosexuals effeminate, Bill? And given that women are effeminate by definition, are all members of my sex to be turned away from the Kingdom of God?

This isn't a religious argument; that's another thread. If you want to argue sexual practices from the Bible, you're going to have a lot of explaining to do, and this is not the place to do it. The kinds of sexual relationships of which God does approve are kind of appalling, and, at least in this country, largely illegal or at the very least, the cause of a heated letter to Dear Abby.

rl

Men sleeping with men, and women with women is an abomination unto God, LIKE THAT DECISION OR NOT.

Read Leviticus 18:22, and 20:13., JUDE 8,

Well, that was certainly non-responsive to my question. But I don't believe in your God anyway, so it's all good.

rl