narcimund

Anyone remember Tunaplanet?

Tunaplanet, author of approximately 4000 vigorously pro-Bush, anti-gay, pro-war posts starting one year to the day before the election to shortly after the election. No posts since.

Looks like my theory that he was a non-skydiving, contracted republican shill was right afterall. I asked him once how much he was paid to post his propoganda. He was honest enough not to deny it.

Modern american politics relies on some very strange practices.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Tunaplanet, author of approximately 4000 vigorously pro-Bush, anti-gay, pro-war posts starting one year to the day before the election to shortly after the election. No posts since.

Looks like my theory that he was a non-skydiving, contracted republican shill was right afterall. I asked him once how much he was paid to post his propoganda. He was honest enough not to deny it.

Modern american politics relies on some very strange practices.

Interesting theory....I don't buy into it, but interesting.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I though he disappeared after the whole PhilKe (is that the name?) thing. I thought I remembered reading that people thought Tuna was involved in that.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I though he disappeared after the whole PhilKe (is that the name?) thing. I thought I remembered reading that people thought Tuna was involved in that.

It's PhillyKev. And, yeah, that's what I thought as well.

But do I believe Tuna was ever a skydiver? No way, no how.:|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Yeah, it's one giant conspiracy. I suggest you attend the secret meeting at a place called "The Meadows." You will find Queen Elizabeth, The Gettys, the Rothschilds, The Pope, and Colonel Sanders. They are collectively known as "The Pentaverate."

Can I become a Third Class Citizen? I've been a Second and First Lieutenant, and a Captain. A "TCC" sounds like fun, a return to the bottom of the pile, kinda like Russel Crowe in "Gladiator."

Conspiracy: Any two people talking about doing something unsavory.

The ultimate defense: As soon as you're caught, point at your accuser and scream, "Conspiracy theorist!"

Damn. Two really good movie references, and it goes over his head like a U-2 spyplane over Mini-me...

my theory that he was a non-skydiving, contracted republican shill was right

I don't buy it. Why? Economics.

If the Repubs did have money to pay people to try and influence opinions, they wouldn't waste their time here in this tiny little audience. They would spend their effort elsewhere where it would reach the maximum audience.

That logic alone says you're wrong.

If the Repubs did have money to pay people to try and influence opinions, they wouldn't waste their time here in this tiny little audience. They would spend their effort elsewhere where it would reach the maximum audience.

That logic alone says you're wrong.

Not only that but logicly speaking, the person wouldn't be inflamatory in their writing and their writing would be very well worded with documentation to back their positions.

So that kills that theory.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh, I don't know? This is just a back-of-the-napkin figuring, but I bet it's not too far off...

How many hundreds of millions of dollars were used to buy how many tens of millions of votes? Let's assume $20/vote.

Assuming 80% of the votes were going to vote one way or the other anyway, that means $100 per swayed vote.

Now hire someone for, oh say $1000/month to spend a couple of hours a day on a couple of online forums riling up the discussion.

If you net an average of 120 votes per shill in a year, that's economical.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Oh, I don't know? This is just a back-of-the-napkin figuring, but I bet it's not too far off...

How many hundreds of millions of dollars were used to buy how many tens of millions of votes? Let's assume $20/vote.

Assuming 80% of the votes were going to vote one way or the other anyway, that means $100 per swayed vote.

Now hire someone for, oh say $1000/month to spend a couple of hours a day on a couple of online forums riling up the discussion.

If you net an average of 120 votes per shill in a year, that's economical.

My God, do you really believe this or are you simply trolling?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

I was under the impression he dated someone from this board.

My guess is it was Peppermint.;)

BTW, are we allowed to launch personal attacks against former posters? If not, Narcimund started it.:D

Chris